+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Belt has arrived

Varsity Bulldog talonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to behold

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Belt has arrived

Welp, I wonder what our illustrious conference leaders are gonna do to fix this? I guess, when your best teams are former belt teams, that pretty much sums it up.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by talonofdeath View Post
    And it's all Southern Miss and UAB's fault.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Huh, what about this nugget: "Our third place rank can be heavily attributed to our overall non-conference winning percentage of 24-20 – highest ever achieved by the Sun Belt and the best of the G5 conferences this season," Benson wrote. "And this can be attributed by the scheduling strategies you have adopted in limiting the number of non-conference games played against the P5 conferences – 10 overall this past season which is the lowest of the G5 conferences."

I guess C-USA could always schedule more SWAC and less P-5 (I'm kidding folks). I wonder what the payout math would look like if you factored in the money C-USA teams receive for playing P-5 teams during the regular season.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    Huh, what about this nugget: "Our third place rank can be heavily attributed to our overall non-conference winning percentage of 24-20 – highest ever achieved by the Sun Belt and the best of the G5 conferences this season," Benson wrote. "And this can be attributed by the scheduling strategies you have adopted in limiting the number of non-conference games played against the P5 conferences – 10 overall this past season which is the lowest of the G5 conferences."

I guess C-USA could always schedule more SWAC and less P-5 (I'm kidding folks). I wonder what the payout math would look like if you factored in the money C-USA teams receive for playing P-5 teams during the regular season.
    The Belt kinda rigged the formula by kicking out NMSU and then scheduling several wins against the Raggies in OOC play.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post

I quit reading the article when I saw that comment. Basically, Benson is saying "Thanks for scheduling a bunch of weak ass opponents in your non-conference games so that our record can look good." It's fool's gold.

Varsity Bulldog talonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    I quit reading the article when I saw that comment. Basically, Benson is saying "Thanks for scheduling a bunch of weak ass opponents in your non-conference games so that our record can look good." It's fool's gold.
    Oh, I agree, but at least their leadership tries to move forward, upward and out of the basement while CUSA leadership spends all it's time worrying about such drivel as inclusiveness and fair play. When you get passed by the Belt, by anyone's measure, it is time to re-think where you are and how you got here.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

A 1 year blip does not necessarily mean that the Belch has passed anyone. If more CUSA teams would handle their business on these losers, we wouldn't have to read this crap.

And we should schedule more with them... instead of UMess and Bowling Pins.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Mr. Peanuts pantsuited us...

Oh, I agree, but at least their leadership tries to move forward, upward and out of the basement while CUSA leadership spends all it's time worrying about such drivel as inclusiveness and fair play. When you get passed by the Belt, by anyone's measure, it is time to re-think where you are and how you got here.
    Look in the mirror. You lost to ULM, a Suck Belt program with only 1 winning season in the last quarter century! The Buzzards have no one to blame but themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Look in the mirror. You lost to ULM, a Suck Belt program with only 1 winning season in the last quarter century! The Buzzards have no one to blame but themselves.
    True. But we beat you. Again.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

True. But we beat you. Again.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

LOL! That article was targeted directly at LA Tech.

The Sun Belt is set to receive $17.2 million from the College Football Playoff, third among the Group of Five conferences behind the Mountain West ($20.4 million) and the American Athletic Conference ($18.8 million) and ahead of Conference USA ($15.6 million) and the Mid-American Conference ($14 million).

"We were very close, just scant points behind second and not that far behind first," ULM interim athletics director Scott McDonald said. "In fact, we were closer to first than we were to fourth.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

My edit of the story...ULM is of the 10 members who will receive the payout even though the Indians-Warhawks have only had ONE measly winning season since copycatting Louisiana Tech and moving up to the Division 1-A/FBS level in 1994.
    Good old Memorial Gym

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    My edit of the story...ULM is of the 10 members who will receive the payout even though the Indians-Warhawks have only had ONE measly winning season since copycatting Louisiana Tech and moving up to the Division 1-A/FBS level in 1994.
    Sounds pretty smart to me.

+ Reply to Thread