+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Which college FB teams should drop to FCS

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Re: Which college FB teams should drop to FCS

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    We have been "Relegated to Mediocrity".........AGAIN.
    Every G5 school is in this same predicament. It's what we are, especially now that the P5 conferences have essentially separated themselves from the G5 conferences. After beating my head against the wall for the last 30 years thinking that we could actually change things, I've come to accept the fact that we'll never be more than we are today. We simply lack the resources it takes to be a part of the big time in college sports. I must admit, once I accepted the fact that nothing I do will change the destiny of Tech athletics, a certain amount of peace of mind came over me. It is what it is.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    Every G5 school is in this same predicament. It's what we are, especially now that the P5 conferences have essentially separated themselves from the G5 conferences. After beating my head against the wall for the last 30 years thinking that we could actually change things, I've come to accept the fact that we'll never be more than we are today. We simply lack the resources it takes to be a part of the big time in college sports. I must admit, once I accepted the fact that nothing I do will change the destiny of Tech athletics, a certain amount of peace of mind came over me. It is what it is.
    +1
    I’d also say we lack the desire to be more. We only want to be slightly more than the UL twins.

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

Desire is one thing, but resources are another. It should be apparent by now that we are throwing good money after bad. We are among the smallest public universities by enrollment in the country, our budget is very low compared not only to P5 schools, but also G5 schools. Our attendance is poor, we get very little publicity, and we have to play one or two body bag games per year. Where is the necessary money and support coming from. It hasn't come in the almost 50 years since I graduated and I don't see it on the horizon. I thing we should get real and play FCS level sports or division II.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by counselingdawg View Post
    Desire is one thing, but resources are another. It should be apparent by now that we are throwing good money after bad. We are among the smallest public universities by enrollment in the country, our budget is very low compared not only to P5 schools, but also G5 schools. Our attendance is poor, we get very little publicity, and we have to play one or two body bag games per year. Where is the necessary money and support coming from. It hasn't come in the almost 50 years since I graduated and I don't see it on the horizon. I thing we should get real and play FCS level sports or division II.
    A quick review of the public universities in FBS shows me that we are ranked 4th to last in student population. While that can be disheartening I took a quick look at those bottom ten and can come to the conclusion that student population isn't the best way to measure success. Wyoming, Marshall, Arkansas State, ULL, Southern Miss and South Alabama all have solid football programs with tradition and they are all within a couple thousand of us. Louisiana Tech as a whole and on the football field represents one of the most forgotten parts of the country in the USA and they do a pretty good job at it. Rural North La is forgotten by its own politicians in Baton Rouge and by its own Representatives in Washington. Our economy is dilapidated and our median income is the pits. To move down to FCS would be an agreement that we aren't good enough here and that is simply not true. Louisiana Tech like the rest of the state North of Alexandria needs to find its identity and purpose. We need to build on the tradition we have and stop letting the naysayers win.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

It probably is too late now. The Dan Reneau years were devastating to La Tech.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    A quick review of the public universities in FBS shows me that we are ranked 4th to last in student population. While that can be disheartening I took a quick look at those bottom ten and can come to the conclusion that student population isn't the best way to measure success. Wyoming, Marshall, Arkansas State, ULL, Southern Miss and South Alabama all have solid football programs with tradition and they are all within a couple thousand of us. Louisiana Tech as a whole and on the football field represents one of the most forgotten parts of the country in the USA and they do a pretty good job at it. Rural North La is forgotten by its own politicians in Baton Rouge and by its own Representatives in Washington. Our economy is dilapidated and our median income is the pits. To move down to FCS would be an agreement that we aren't good enough here and that is simply not true. Louisiana Tech like the rest of the state North of Alexandria needs to find its identity and purpose. We need to build on the tradition we have and stop letting the naysayers win.
    Outside of a few years, ULL has been terrible. I do understand and agree wholeheartedly with the rest.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    Wyoming, Marshall, Ark St, ULL, USM, and South Alabama are all in the same boat we're in. Those football programs have all seen their best days too. The creation of the P5 was simply the beginning of the end of football as we've known it at our level and there's nothing any of us can do about it.

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

One thing that hurts us is the explosion of electronic means whereby we can see just about every important home athletic event on tv, espnplus, cusatv, among many others. Time was when it would be necessary to drive over from Minden, Jonesboro, Farmerville, etc to see what we expected would be a good basketball or baseball game. Now, just poke around and the game will be available on some gadget which saves us the trip. That limits our home game fan base to just those in the immediate Ruston area and that 20,000 population has been stagnant for years. This is only going to get worse and lack of paid attendance to home events is hurting our budget, amount being chipped in out of our general fund to offset the losses is steadily increasing and I am concerned that they may want to put a cap on that.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Access to game day video feed hurts us for sure.

You are ignoring the fact that our AD has destroyed the game day experience by fixing things that were not broken.

Combine that with our HC's boring offense for the past two years and nobody wants to pay big money to watch us lose a lot in Ruston.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Access to game day video feed hurts us for sure.

You are ignoring the fact that our AD has destroyed the game day experience by fixing things that were not broken.

Combine that with our HC's boring offense for the past two years and nobody wants to pay big money to watch us lose a lot in Ruston.
    This. You compete with television by making the live experience a better value for potential attendees.

Not much fun / not much dollars = TV
    Not much fun / lots of dollars = JAS

Which would you choose? Which of the above variables can our leaders affect?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

If only there had been a candidate for our AD position with a track record in making gamedays fun while also keeping them affordable ...

+ Reply to Thread