+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Which college FB teams should drop to FCS

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Which college FB teams should drop to FCS

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    No, only the ignorant give him credit for the money raised. The money for SEZ was, for the most part, in place when he was hired. The money raised since then came from this guy https://www.latech.edu/2015/11/18/br...ent-as-new-vp/

Yes, we know that Jim was a political hire. He did his job well. He fixed Stovall and D.R.'s mess then he got us in the WAC. He should have walked away soon after.

There is no comparison between Jim and the goof ball we have now. This is what you said about Jim...

He is Jim Oaks 2.0 in that he knows to to kiss up to and who to be buddy buddy with. The rest of us don't matter.
    There are a lot of ignorant people out there who do give him credit for the money raised. I think that Tommy was a political hire just like Jim Oakes was and they are or were both good at schmoozing the right people. There is plenty to compare between the two and I remember what I said about Jim.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    There are a lot of ignorant people out there who do give him credit for the money raised. I think that Tommy was a political hire just like Jim Oakes was and they are or were both good at schmoozing the right people. There is plenty to compare between the two and I remember what I said about Jim.
    So you ignore what Jim was able to do with basically nothing to work with, but give our current goof ball credit for something he didn't do? That's great. Assume he did raise some money, which is only part of his job, what else has he done? His football scheduling is horrible. His hires are so-so, bordering on bad. Ticket sales are down in FB and MBB as well at attendance. You have yet to see an official report on what he has done financially. You are about to see that report inside of a few weeks.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    So you ignore what Jim was able to do with basically nothing to work with, but give our current goof ball credit for something he didn't do? That's great. Assume he did raise some money, which is only part of his job, what else has he done? His football scheduling is horrible. His hires are so-so, bordering on bad. Ticket sales are down in FB and MBB as well at attendance. You have yet to see an official report on what he has done financially. You are about to see that report inside of a few weeks.
    I never said I was giving him the credit just assumed that obviously. I said that some people will give him credit for it. I think he is a horrible AD and has done very little to take advantage of strong athletic showings in both basketball and football. Jim did a good job of cleaning up the Stovall mess, but that was before me, when I got to campus, we were poor with high school facilities. Then Dooley came in here like John Wayne and started getting people to believe. When we got that Score Board I literally thought we had made it to the big time, LOL. Jim is a great guy and I am not taking that from him, but they were both political hires to a degree. That official report is gonna come out and nothing is going to be done about it.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

We have reduced the capacity of the Joe and we still can't fill half the stadium.

I want to go back to an experience like the 2004 Tech/Fresno game. It was loud and we didn't have a video board, artificial turf, shiny endzone facility.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Four things about that game:
    1. You can hear me numerous times in the game. Just listen for the air horn after the big plays.
    2. Come by the house to see a piece of the goal post signed by Ryan Moats.
    3. I love the shoulder pads.
    4. I loved being in the WAC.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

sigh … just look at all the BLUE in that crowd.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    sigh … just look at all the BLUE in that crowd.
    Hey lets have a blue out! So lame.

As you know that blue grew to what it was by using a message board to spread the word along with the message board spending a few dollars on putting up signs that said "NEXT TIME WEAR BLUE". Keeping it simple worked and was much better than this stupid social media kick our AD believes in to get the word out.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    We have reduced the capacity of the Joe and we still can't fill half the stadium.

I want to go back to an experience like the 2004 Tech/Fresno game. It was loud and we didn't have a video board, artificial turf, shiny endzone facility.

Wow! I really miss those days of BEATING quality teams --like #17 Fresno St-- in the Joe. LA Tech won this one 28-21 on national TV, and Tech fans tore the goal posts down afterwards.

You don't see this much anymore.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post

Somebody should send this video clip to our AD. Yes, seriously. He needs to know what our expectations are.

Hard to believe but the WAC was a fantastic conference while we were there. There were some quality programs in that conference back then.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    Hard to believe but the WAC was a fantastic conference while we were there. There were some quality programs in that conference back then.
    Some of us were singing the praises of the WAC, especially when Boazy was in it. Didn't care for the distance between us and most of them. I did post, when it happened, how disappointing losing the EWAC was. But Boazy, Fresno, Hawaii, Nevada were all good, and then later Utah State got pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Some of us were singing the praises of the WAC, especially when Boazy was in it. Didn't care for the distance between us and most of them. I did post, when it happened, how disappointing losing the EWAC was. But Boazy, Fresno, Hawaii, Nevada were all good, and then later Utah State got pretty good.
    We won the WAC my freshman year in 2001. I just remember how perfect it was for us with Rice, SMU, Tulsa, and Utep in conference. I learned to hate Fresneck early. Nevada too.

Bulldog DD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her game

I was at Tech during the transition from 1AA to 1A (FCS to FBS). I think I and a large amount of friends and cohorts never really cared to be in one certain conference. We just wanted to play against the "Big Boys". We wanted to play on TV and in large stadiums to spread our name nationally. We also wanted to grow to be a "Big Boys" team. But with the expansion of ESPN and all of the smaller conferences the FBS has been dumbed down. In 1990 the Independence Bowl was one of 11 bowls total. So its been hard to grow into a powerhouse as these conferences have gathered small schools with small attendances. Granted Tech has never filled JAS like we always thought would be the case once we were a 1-A school. But now we have become one of many again. Another small school in the FBS. We tried to distance ourselves but so many schools have followed our plan from FCS to FBS.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DD Dawg View Post
    I was at Tech during the transition from 1AA to 1A (FCS to FBS). I think I and a large amount of friends and cohorts never really cared to be in one certain conference. We just wanted to play against the "Big Boys". We wanted to play on TV and in large stadiums to spread our name nationally. We also wanted to grow to be a "Big Boys" team. But with the expansion of ESPN and all of the smaller conferences the FBS has been dumbed down. In 1990 the Independence Bowl was one of 11 bowls total. So its been hard to grow into a powerhouse as these conferences have gathered small schools with small attendances. Granted Tech has never filled JAS like we always thought would be the case once we were a 1-A school. But now we have become one of many again. Another small school in the FBS. We tried to distance ourselves but so many schools have followed our plan from FCS to FBS.
    We have been "Relegated to Mediocrity".........AGAIN.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    We have been "Relegated to Mediocrity".........AGAIN.
    At some point, we're going to have to explain why we keep choosing to be bad.

+ Reply to Thread