+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digital First's hostile takeover attempt of Gannett

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

LaTech Re: Digital First's hostile takeover attempt of Gannett

The Gannett Louisiana mothership in Lafayette asked for volunteers to help shore up THEIR Lafayette coverage. Diaz accepted. Watson told me he turned them down.

Let's see now on National Signing Day, Shreveport had 1.5 writers (Just can't count Roy Lang as a full . . .). Monroe had 1. and Lafayette had at least 2.

Can you see the trend here? Northern Louisiana universities depending on Gannett for coverage must start figuring out alternatives to getting the word out.

I like the Old Dominion model where they hired fulltime a highly respected sportswriter in the Norfolk market and he churns out ODU stories daily. His stories are picked up by the local media or read on the ODU websites.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Digital First's hostile takeover attempt of Gannett

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    The Gannett Louisiana mothership in Lafayette asked for volunteers to help shore up THEIR Lafayette coverage. Diaz accepted. Watson told me he turned them down.

Let's see now on National Signing Day, Shreveport had 1.5 writers (Just can't count Roy Lang as a full . . .). Monroe had 1. and Lafayette had at least 2.

Can you see the trend here? Northern Louisiana universities depending on Gannett for coverage must start figuring out alternatives to getting the word out.

I like the Old Dominion model where they hired fulltime a highly respected sportswriter in the Norfolk market and he churns out ODU stories daily. His stories are picked up by the local media or read on the ODU websites.
    I like the idea & it makes sense to do to get our story in front of the public. But I don't see Tech/Tommy doing it.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Digital First's hostile takeover attempt of Gannett

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Sounds great for TECH to me TMo!

+ Reply to Thread