+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Art Briles

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Art Briles

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post

I don’t recall Rattay being mentioned in this thread... but whatever.
    You just did.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    One thing for certain is that our HC will NEVER hire another offensive coach who knows MUCH more about the game than him. Rattay is now gone. Some of you should be happy that our QB is now well coached.
    Just replying to your quote PD!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Just replying to your quote PD!
    Which one? The one that made you look bad? Just give up and go help Holtz find another lemming QB coach that will help lead us to 6 wins.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Which one? The one that made you look bad? Just give up and go help Holtz find another lemming QB coach that will help lead us to 6 wins.
    Holtz has done better than six wins in all but his first year, what is your point?

Holtz has done better than six wins in all but his first year, what is your point?

How is attendance? Losing in Ruston has KILLED it. THAT'S what Holtz has done. What's your point?

How is attendance? Losing in Ruston has KILLED it. THAT'S what Holtz has done. What's your point?
    With a few exceptions, attendance in Ruston has never been great...

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

With a few exceptions, attendance in Ruston has never been great...
    ...Are you saying you haven't noticed a sizable decrease in football attendance the last 2 years in JAS?

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    No, you still reveal that you are getting your info more from ESPN than from any facts (and you're building some nice straw men, but we'll ignore that). Baylor's admin was mishandling Title IX complaints. Briles screwed up some in that -- failing to report to the right people when he knew about things. (thus, he needed to be fired) I have yet to see one single bit of evidence that there was any systematic attempt to *cover up* events. Sadly, we're probably never going to get a look behind the curtain, but it still looks like most of what happened at BU had more to do with incompetence than malice. And it could easily happen in a lot of athletic programs.
    Yeah it wasn’t a cover up, they just failed to report multiple rapes/sexual assaults over a few years. No cover up tho.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

What's killing attendance at JAS is the boring, predictable offense that Holtz and his retread OC put on the field every week. We need some new blood at the OC position that is allowed to totally transform our offense. We'll never have the kind of personnel it takes to simply line up and "out athlete" our opponents. What we need instead is a creative offensive gameplay each game. Three yards and a cloud of dust will just never cut it in Ruston.

It's pretty obvious that the game has passed Skip by. He's got to stop hiring old, has been assistant coaches or our program will continue to regress. I imagine Ratty's replacement will be at least 50 years old. I doubt Skip even interviews anyone under 40.

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    No, you still reveal that you are getting your info more from ESPN than from any facts (and you're building some nice straw men, but we'll ignore that). Baylor's admin was mishandling Title IX complaints. Briles screwed up some in that -- failing to report to the right people when he knew about things. (thus, he needed to be fired) I have yet to see one single bit of evidence that there was any systematic attempt to *cover up* events. Sadly, we're probably never going to get a look behind the curtain, but it still looks like most of what happened at BU had more to do with incompetence than malice. And it could easily happen in a lot of athletic programs.
    I only watch live sporting events on ESPN so I really don't know much about what they had to say about this issue. I even stopped watching Fox and CNN a couple of years ago because neither one report news anymore.

I read the vast majority of my news and if I'm interested in a topic I'll Google to find as many stories as I can. Sadly there is too often only one article that is chopped into varying degrees or segments and published by different agencies/websites. In the case of the Baylor football rape cases there are multiple articles with several being ran by TX papers.

You used the words 'evidence, cover up, and Title IX' which I never mentioned. There is a big difference between cover up and looking the other way. One can be as simple as blissful ignorance while the other indicates deceitful and conspiratorial acts.

All I ever indicated in my post was too many people were looking the other way for far too long. I used to have as my signature a quote by Edmund Burke and it seems very applicable again here, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I didn't build any straw men, I implied that a HC has a responsibility to be accountable for the program he leads. Just to name a few, a football HC is responsible for every coaching hire, S&C program, student athlete academic success (minimum passing standard), recruiting, player conduct on and off the field, and wins and losses. If the HC is responsible for all that then when something goes wrong, then the buck stops with the HC. That is what being in charge means.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

"Having heard all of this you may choose to look the other way but you can never again say you did not know."

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I was just laughing at all these self-righteous posts while simultaneously thinking about the fact that LA Tech was one of the country's worst abusers with the Tyler Summit case. Hopefully people don't look at LA Tech with the same unfair bias that some of these uninformed idiots do towards Baylor. At least the people that committed the abuse at Baylor were STUDENTS, and not paid LEADERS. In Tech's case, we actually had a faculty member (coach) commit the abuse. So its really foolish to see a post bragging "my daughter goes to Tech".....

Been away from the board for a several days with family and business, and I come back to this kind of reply? Not really sure what you are trying to get at, but I don't see anything foolish about my bragging my Daughter goes to TECH, not anything at all. Do I want someone like Briles there? Not really, I will put up with considering a coach who may have been running around with the secretary, getting caught at a strip bar, etc.... Turning a blind eye to such a thing as rape or a Tyler Summitt situation I will not tolerate, and NO I do not want Art Briles at the same School as my daughter. That's my opinion and you don't have to agree with it or you can call us all hypocrites for feeling that way, not really important to me, however my Daughter is and there are some things I do not have a sense of humor about!

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Why are people talking about Summit like it wasn’t a relationship between two consenting adults? What kind of abuse is that?

Never been a fan of spinning the story to support your personal theories...especially to defend someone who turned a blind eye to rapes and created a rape culture lol I can’t believe I’m even typing this

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Why are people talking about Summit like it wasn’t a relationship between two consenting adults? What kind of abuse is that?
    Consenting adults? It was a coach and one of his players who was caught TWO TIMES not just one time.

Consenting adults? It was a coach and one of his players who was caught TWO TIMES not just one time.
    25 year old man and a 22 year old woman

+ Reply to Thread