+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Art Briles

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Art Briles

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Was she drunk and of age when the relationship began? If Summit chooses his wife over her, do the accusations begin?
    Since he apparently didn't I guess we'll never know.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

In the days of social media, a jilted lover can make someone’s life miserable whether it’s deserved or not. Add in the chance of making some hush money .....

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Well, at least you're right about ONE thing; I DON'T have to agree with you, and I don't. The fact that you made the statement about Briles "turning a blind eye" to rape shows just how ignorant you are of the situation. People like you would be well served to read up on the subject matter before commenting on it. To date, there's been only two convictions related to the Baylor rape cases, and one of those convictions was overturned by a judge back in 2015. So, to date, only Tevin Elliott's case was tried and convicted. He was sentenced to 20 years in prison. And that conviction was 3 full years before the media even broke the "story".

For the record, LA Tech had a basketball player tried in court for rape back when I was in college. I attended one day of the trial for the Tech Talk. (I don't remember the outcome of his trial. It drug on for a while.) Did that trial make LA Tech or Tech basketball coach J.D. Barnett a bad guy? No. But the point is, it can happen anywhere, even LA Tech. And the Tyler Summit case should have been a warning shot to everyone at LA Tech, even those who self describe themselves as having "no sense of humor" and send their daughters to LA Tech.
    Well, if you paid attention to my post, you would have read the part in the last sentence that stated "that's my opinion". As for my ignorance on any of these subjects, that is your opinion and of course we are all allowed to have one, and we all experience or have some ignorance in one area or another. Maybe you know much more about the situation than anyone else, maybe not.

For someone to be calling another poster ignorant and just a few post later repeat a rumor one heard about what really happened at Baylor, borders on hypocrisy in my book. A UT conspiracy, well it happened in Texas so it must be the same people who were behind the JFK assassination, that could have happened, That could be an opinion, right? I form my own opinions based on what I think to be credible sources, is that where you got that Baylor/UT rumor and conspiracy theory from. It must be all true since you are the one repeating it, would that be right? I would certainly not think you are showing your ignorance on the subject by repeating something you heard which may or may not have come from a credible source.

You know, as much as you say that is all rumor and conjecture about UT trying to ruin Baylor's reputation, it could actually all be true or at least to some degree, who really knows? Much of the Briles, Baylor, UT, Rapes, etc. will continue to be rumors, conjecture, and opinions till it all sees the light of day sometimes in the future.

Ignorance shows up in a lot of ways and forms, so Pot, meet Kettle!

I guess I brought my daughter into this when I mentioned she went to TECH and said I was not anxious to have Briles here, and of course you mentioned her again when commenting on my post. Fair enough, but you should have left my daughter out of it after that. You and I can argue all we want and be good natured or horses ass' about it, I am OK with either one. I do not have a sense of humor about using my comment about my daughter to get under my skin, and you need to respect that, I should not have to say anymore about it.

Puppy Texas_Techfan is just really niceTexas_Techfan is just really niceTexas_Techfan is just really niceTexas_Techfan is just really niceTexas_Techfan is just really niceTexas_Techfan is just really niceTexas_Techfan is just really niceTexas_Techfan is just really niceTexas_Techfan is just really nice

Texas tried so hard to hire Briles away from Baylor that he only interviewed once after Mack Brown was fired, and was so kissed that he wasn’t given the job that he took his ball and went back to Waco. They hired Strong instead, and it’s safe to say that Texas came away better for it despite Strong’s terrible record in Austin.

Someone has a very weak grasp on what transpired there, but an unhealthy loathing for UT and love for Arthur Briles.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

What's really sad is this thread rolls on, and there was absolutely nothing, not a single post about MBB vs. UTEP or WBB vs. UTEP (until I posted one).

Fire TMAC yesterday!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Texas_Techfan View Post

Someone has a very weak grasp on what transpired there, but an unhealthy loathing for UT and love for Arthur Briles.
    Man-love or love-love??

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Summitt is still with Brooke. At the very least they are raising the child together. I’d say the only toxic thing about their relationship was that it occured while he was married. His former wife is the main victim of the story.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Scratch that- they are married, apparently. Her last name is now Summitt on Facebook.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    A real victim. Certainly plausible that the player is a victim too.
    That man didn't force her to be with him. She made that decision on her own and bares some responsibility for what transpired.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    That man didn't force her to be with him. She made that decision on her own and bares some responsibility for what transpired.
    Why do you think most corporations have prohibitions around bosses being romantically involved with their subordinates?

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    What's really sad is this thread rolls on, and there was absolutely nothing, not a single post about MBB vs. UTEP or WBB vs. UTEP (until I posted one).

Fire TMAC yesterday!
    Amen!

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Why do you think most corporations have prohibitions around bosses being romantically involved with their subordinates?
    You're weak.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    You're weak.
    Is that your final answer?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    Well, if you paid attention to my post, you would have read the part in the last sentence that stated "that's my opinion". As for my ignorance on any of these subjects, that is your opinion and of course we are all allowed to have one, and we all experience or have some ignorance in one area or another. Maybe you know much more about the situation than anyone else, maybe not.

For someone to be calling another poster ignorant and just a few post later repeat a rumor one heard about what really happened at Baylor, borders on hypocrisy in my book. A UT conspiracy, well it happened in Texas so it must be the same people who were behind the JFK assassination, that could have happened, That could be an opinion, right? I form my own opinions based on what I think to be credible sources, is that where you got that Baylor/UT rumor and conspiracy theory from. It must be all true since you are the one repeating it, would that be right? I would certainly not think you are showing your ignorance on the subject by repeating something you heard which may or may not have come from a credible source.

You know, as much as you say that is all rumor and conjecture about UT trying to ruin Baylor's reputation, it could actually all be true or at least to some degree, who really knows? Much of the Briles, Baylor, UT, Rapes, etc. will continue to be rumors, conjecture, and opinions till it all sees the light of day sometimes in the future.

Ignorance shows up in a lot of ways and forms, so Pot, meet Kettle!

I guess I brought my daughter into this when I mentioned she went to TECH and said I was not anxious to have Briles here, and of course you mentioned her again when commenting on my post. Fair enough, but you should have left my daughter out of it after that. You and I can argue all we want and be good natured or horses ass' about it, I am OK with either one. I do not have a sense of humor about using my comment about my daughter to get under my skin, and you need to respect that, I should not have to say anymore about it.
    I was very clear from my very first sentence of my last post about the Baylor/UT story being a rumor. So, please don't be willfully ignorant about that when talking to me.

Just so we're clear, I identify "willful ignorance" as a behavior from some people who DO know better, but prefer to act ignorant. IMO, that's what you've done with he Baylor/UT story and your JFK Assassination comment. I know.....everybody's trying to be funny here. I get it. We've got some guys on this board who never comment unless they are trying to be funny.

The truth is, because of terrible and inaccurate media reports, the whole Baylor "rape" story is fraught with rumors, lies and innuendo. I'm not sure what you mean when you say I "should have left my daughter out of it after that"? I never said a single thing about your daughter. That's not the kind of person I am. I simply "quoted" you just as you had identified yourself ...as a parent with a daughter at Tech. I talked directly to you about why --with a coach like Tyler Summit around-- attending Tech was not so different from Baylor.

Anyway, most here simply slam Art Briles, say something snarky and move on. You said "he turned a blind eye to rape", even though the text message evidence and his very favorable settlement from Baylor clearly suggests otherwise. I know poking from afar and moving on is the easy, popular, thing to do. It's the lynch mob mentality. Everybody piles on. People don't have to read, and they don't have to think.

Fact: It's difficult to push some newspapers "52 rapes" theory when only one (1) person has been convicted (one other conviction was overturned) since this case was brought to light almost 7 years ago. It's called media run amuck! And it sells newspapers.

And besides.....everybody already knows a rouge group of disgruntled CIA agents --who had failed miserably during the botched Bay of Pigs Cuba invasion attempt, 90 days after JFK assumed his Presidency-- hired a mafia hit team through Mafia boss and New Orleans resident Carlos Marcello to execute JFK.

Varsity Bulldog SouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Scratch that- they are married, apparently. Her last name is now Summitt on Facebook.
    I followed this story a little. Do the player get pregnant and that is who he married?

+ Reply to Thread