+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: NFL Combine Invites

Varsity Bulldog Festus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really nice

Re: NFL Combine Invites

I've been watching Devin White a good bit since he's from my hometown. It's impressive the amount of press and support the various LSU Football and Athletics social media accounts have given him and the way they are using his success to show that LSU can get you to the NFL. Then you go and look at Tech Football and Athletics accounts and almost nothing about Jaylon. I know the kid has had some issues and his stock seems to be falling, but radio silence seems to be a bit ridiculous. At a minimum they should be pumping him up as a recruiting tactic.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    it looks like Jaylon's stock is dropping - I haven't seen his name mentioned on any of the "expert" day 1 mock drafts.
    I feel like I've seen him mostly included in the first round lately.

But Jaylon is a clear case of how varied scouting opinions can be. Especially media members who are trying to scout the whole NCAA from a distance and just watching highlights or a game or two. I swear I've seen Jaylon praised and knocked for the same characteristics. One mock draft will say "didn't do that well against tougher competition" and bash our schedule, then the next will highlight his LSU and MSU games. Another will talk about he's solid against the run while the next will specifically list that as a weakness. It's crazy. Probably always been that way, and these days it's just so popular and such an easy way to get clicks (it works on me when we have a prospect) that you just probably get some many people who don't really know what they're doing.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Jaylon becomes a Seahawk tonight.

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

I hope not. That will be worse than Trent going to the 49ers as far as I'm concerned.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Giants may pick him at 37 as they still need an elite pass rusher

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Jaylon might be picked tonight, should be really. I thought the Seahawks would reach with the 29th pick last night for a pass rusher. They did indeed, just not Jaylon (LJ Collier).

On to round three.......

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    On to round three.......

Mini disaster for the kid.....blame all around though

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    Jaylen’s pro day was a disaster. Cost him a lot.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

To the Ravens!

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    I know his junior year wasn't great, but I wonder when he would have been drafted if he would have left last year.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

I know his junior year wasn't great, but I wonder when he would have been drafted if he would have left last year.
    Would his drills be better last year? 3 cone and shuttle did him in. Didn’t show agility, got labeled stiff. Big “problems”

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

He wouldn't have been drafted last year (in 2018). He had an awful 2017 season.

But he had a great 2018 season. And Jaylon Ferguson is more than just a sack master. He gives opponents fits too.

Last fall, after Tech narrowly defeated UNT, I watched one of those 30-min football videos that UNT's athletic department produces each week during football season. Those videos typically include lots of game day coverage, locker room talks and speeches by players, sideline activities and huddles, etc... And let me tell you, UNT's offense was OVERWHELMED by Ferguson that night. UNT's players were constantly talking about "#45" on the side line. They also talked about "#45" in their locker room at half time, and the coaches were telling UNT players "you've got to block #45 now"...... it was actually funny to see how much Ferguson was occupying UNT's brain space. "#45" was definitely in their head.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Ferguson was singlehandedly responsible for our win over FBS powerhouse UTEP. I will never forget that series right at the end of the game, UTEP had just been a juggernaut all night, they went undefeated last season you know, just totally overwhelmed the rest of the team like they did all the rest of their opponents.

But Sack Daddy won that game for us and that's no sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    He wouldn't have been drafted last year (in 2018). He had an awful 2017 season.

But he had a great 2018 season. And Jaylon Ferguson is more than just a sack master. He gives opponents fits too.

Last fall, after Tech narrowly defeated UNT, I watched one of those 30-min football videos that UNT's athletic department produces each week during football season. Those videos typically include lots of game day coverage, locker room talks and speeches by players, sideline activities and huddles, etc... And let me tell you, UNT's offense was OVERWHELMED by Ferguson that night. UNT's players were constantly talking about "#45" on the side line. They also talked about "#45" in their locker room at half time, and the coaches were telling UNT players "you've got to block #45 now"...... it was actually funny to see how much Ferguson was occupying UNT's brain space. "#45" was definitely in their head.
    Yeah you are probably correct, he likely would have gone undrafted last season. Too bad he dropped to the third round, lots of pay difference between 1st and 3rd round. Let's hope he has a long and profitable career.

+ Reply to Thread