+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Combine Invites

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Re: NFL Combine Invites

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Good attorneys have asked to be put on retainer or work for Tech. Our AD said no.

FWIW, it's not a big deal to get something like this expunged. I think we all know people who had DUI's disappear.
    It's not a big deal for attorneys to get it done, but you still have to pay them.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    It's not a big deal for attorneys to get it done, but you still have to pay them.
    Yes, but it's was not going to be expensive. I should have explained further. One of those who asked for the position was a friend of mine. He was shot down by our AD without much discussion of money.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Yes, but it's was not going to be expensive. I should have explained further. One of those who asked for the position was a friend of mine. He was shot down by our AD without much discussion of money.
    Tommy McClelland seems to be incompetent and undeserving of the position he holds. I think most people have come to the same conclusion.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Why would your friend want money? Why not just do it pro bono?

Nobody's going to get rich off of a bunch of college kids. This looks like a great opportunity for your friend to offer pro bono services, which most lawyers offer at some point anyway.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Why would your friend want money? Why not just do it pro bono?

Nobody's going to get rich off of a bunch of college kids. This looks like a great opportunity for your friend to offer pro bono services, which most lawyers offer at some point anyway.
    Did you read the part about being shot down by our AD without much discussion about money? Our AD did not want to hire an attorney period.

I think you know the NCAA won't allow free stuff to be given to athletes. That includes free legal work.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Did you read the part about being shot down by our AD without much discussion about money? Our AD did not want to hire an attorney period.

I think you know the NCAA won't allow free stuff to be given to athletes. That includes free legal work.
    Which is specifically why I recommended the lawyer do it pro bono, WITHOUT T-Mac or the school involved. If the incident happened off campus, why is it the school's problem?

I'm not sure what the NCAA can do about a student athlete receiving pro bono legal services that do not involve the university. For instance, if a student athlete is hurt in a car wreck, raped off campus or is a victim of armed robbery off campus --an act that has nothing to do with the university-- and needs to hire a lawyer for some reason, are pro bono legal services still deemed unacceptable? I'm not sure where that line is drawn.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Which is specifically why I recommended the lawyer do it pro bono, WITHOUT T-Mac or the school involved. If the incident happened off campus, why is it the school's problem?

I'm not sure what the NCAA can do about a student athlete receiving pro bono legal services that do not involve the university. For instance, if a student athlete is hurt in a car wreck, raped off campus or is a victim of armed robbery off campus --an act that has nothing to do with the university-- and needs to hire a lawyer for some reason, are pro bono legal services still deemed unacceptable? I'm not sure where that line is drawn.
    Knowing the NCAA...

See, the real way to do things is to have a lot of money and ensure that you have the only law school in the state. Then, charges are never filed, no need for a paper trail!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Knowing the NCAA...

See, the real way to do things is to have a lot of money and ensure that you have the only law school in the state. Then, charges are never filed, no need for a paper trail!
    Something tells me that there is more to this than just Jaylon's mistake as an 18 year old. Somebody has a bended ear in the NFL, and I think I know who. Jaylon's success would be a huge blow to recruiting for another school in the state. This has been reverberated by others who have no affiliation with Louisiana Tech or any interest in the school outside the fact that they believe that Jaylon is a great player and didn't deserve this mess.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    Something tells me that there is more to this than just Jaylon's mistake as an 18 year old. Somebody has a bended ear in the NFL, and I think I know who. Jaylon's success would be a huge blow to recruiting for another school in the state. This has been reverberated by others who have no affiliation with Louisiana Tech or any interest in the school outside the fact that they believe that Jaylon is a great player and didn't deserve this mess.
    I'm willing to believe that.

But Vernon's draft didn't substantially hurt lsu. Of course, Vernon is turning out to be kind of a bust in the league (ups and downs)

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

If said lawyer is a Tech booster (which is what it sounds like), then I'd assume any pro bono work for #45 would be an NCAA violation.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    If said lawyer is a Tech booster (which is what it sounds like), then I'd assume any pro bono work for #45 would be an NCAA violation.
    Yep

So, can't he get his pro bono legal work from a ULM grad who hates LA Tech? You guys aren't thinking.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Jaylon got a new agent, Peter Schaffer, who also represents Willie Roaf... and Joe Mixon.

https://www.agentaa.com/peter-schaffer

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Jaylon got a new agent, Peter Schaffer, who also represents Willie Roaf... and Joe Mixon.

https://www.agentaa.com/peter-schaffer
    Good move
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't be surprised if Willie Roaf didn't get with Jaylon and give him some guidance and advice.

+ Reply to Thread