+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quinton Patton’s Birmingham Iron on CBS Sports Network, Sunday

Big Dog Longdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to all

Re: Quinton Patton’s Birmingham Iron on CBS Sports Network, Sunday

Quinton “had a strong day,” with four catches for 107 yards.”

Will Noltie wrote “he was still the go-to guy for quarterback Luis Perez” and said that “this may be another good [NFL] chance for him.”

You can read Noltie’s article, “Birmingham Iron vs Memphis Express AAF Week One Recap” at https://lastwordonprofootball.com/20...eek-one-recap/

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

The reffing was great. They added a 9th ref, the sky judge.

AAF officials show NFL referees how it's done | saintswire

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    The reffing was great. They added a 9th ref, the sky judge.

AAF officials show NFL referees how it's done | saintswire
    Did you hear the exchange between the replay booth, the ref on the field, and the production crew on Patton's catch/no-catch review? The replay guy was saying "I can't tell if he caught it or not. Unless you have another angle I'll have to rule 'let the call stand'." He went back and forth with all concerned trying to get the call right. And, it was done quickly.

I watched that game and parts of another and found the reffing to be very good. Here's the ultimate measure of any officiating, in any sport, at any level. When the game is over do you remember there were refs? If "No" then the refs did a great job and did not become the story.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Did you hear the exchange between the replay booth, the ref on the field, and the production crew on Patton's catch/no-catch review? The replay guy was saying "I can't tell if he caught it or not. Unless you have another angle I'll have to rule 'let the call stand'." He went back and forth with all concerned trying to get the call right. And, it was done quickly.

I watched that game and parts of another and found the reffing to be very good. Here's the ultimate measure of any officiating, in any sport, at any level. When the game is over do you remember there were refs? If "No" then the refs did a great job and did not become the story.
    The transparency is going to win over fans. At the end of the day, the refs are professionals who want to do a good job. They may make mistakes, but everyone makes mistakes in all aspects of life. Adding transparency will allow fans to see that these guys (and gals) are trying to do the right thing.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

So far I like the AAF. It's very fast paced.

If successful, I wonder which cities they will select for expansion.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I think they'd do well to hold off on expanding too quickly.

To me, the ideal scenario for the league would be a partnership with the NFL.

Similar to the way the league is set up now - teams having rights to players by region.

Here's my take - each AAF team has a select number of players from their "partner" NFL team. These players would be practice squad players and players that are signed to futures contracts. Not players on the 53 man roster (similar to the old NFL Europe).

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

St. Louis would be an obvious choice, but the XFL is going there. The XFL is spending some $$$ using 4 current NFL Stadiums (Chargers, Giants/Jets, Seahawks, & Bucs) and 1 former (St. Louis Rams).

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

It would be cool to go to Independence Stadium and watch guys like Colby Cameron, Myles White, Carlos, Darrell Brown, Vontarrius Dora, IK etc play!

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

The NFL refs by way of Goodell steer games in a certain direction. The NFL want to be a live action version of video game football. Up until this weekend the NFL would’ve never made the review process visible to the audience. If they did you’d hear someone say, “so who does Goodell want to win this game?”

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNet/sta...37257557254144

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Earlier in the game Patton made a great effort to snag an errant pass with one hand and appeared, to me, to have made the catch. The ball looked like it bounced off his wrist, never touched the ground, but that one was ultimately ruled incomplete. No one is perfect.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

I don't know what the end result of this was, but I could see it causing problems with Patton's attempts to return to the NFL, especially seeing how Jaylon Ferguson was uninvited to the combine because of an arrest for a fight at McDonalds when he was a freshman.

https://www.scoopnashville.com/2018/...ge-challenger/

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    I don't know what the end result of this was, but I could see it causing problems with Patton's attempts to return to the NFL, especially seeing how Jaylon Ferguson was uninvited to the combine because of an arrest for a fight at McDonalds when he was a freshman.

https://www.scoopnashville.com/2018/...ge-challenger/
    Wooooow. Embarrassing and unfortunate for him. He just signed his expulsion from all football papers.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Wooooow. Embarrassing and unfortunate for him. He just signed his expulsion from all football papers.
    That was last year. Obviously it didn't stick.

But he damn well better be thankful for this chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    That was last year. Obviously it didn't stick.

But he damn well better be thankful for this chance.
    Thanks blue

What a lucky dude

+ Reply to Thread