+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rattay New Redskins Quarterbacks Coach

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Re: Rattay New Redskins Quarterbacks Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    So in other words, Holtz is the head coach, offensive coordinator and now QB coach being that he doesn’t really allow anyone to do the job they’re titled to. I’m sure we’ll see J’Mar at his ultimate best now since there aren’t any middle men left.

This whole coaching calamity is verging on completely ridiculous. I’m wondering is Holtz too lazy to conduct a coach search, too cheap to pay someone or too egotistical to open the door for someone who might challenge the current Tech standard?
    I highlighted the answer for you
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    So in other words, Holtz is the head coach, offensive coordinator and now QB coach being that he doesn’t really allow anyone to do the job they’re titled to. I’m sure we’ll see J’Mar at his ultimate best now since there aren’t any middle men left.

This whole coaching calamity is verging on completely ridiculous. I’m wondering is Holtz too lazy to conduct a coach search, too cheap to pay someone or too egotistical to open the door for someone who might challenge the current Tech standard?
    Yes.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

....and don't forget the impact of this move (by Rattay) on our recruiting. Who's going to fill that void? Tim Rattay had credentials that young men admire. He could sit in a living room and tell the recruit what it's like to be a starting QB in the NFL, and what it takes to get there. Who else on our football staff can do that?

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    ....and don't forget the impact of this move (by Rattay) on our recruiting. Who's going to fill that void? Tim Rattay had credentials that young men admire. He could sit in a living room and tell the recruit what it's like to be a starting QB in the NFL, and what it takes to get there. Who else on our football staff can do that?
    No one. If Skippy was a true leader, Rattay would have been our OC/QB coach and the 2nd highest paid guy on staff. He has been there and done that in the NFL. He knows what it takes to get a QB there b/c he has been there. He could out call Holtz on play calling every day of the week and twice on Saturday. Its ashamed he is gone and we have Skippy until he retires or dies b/c no other college will hire him.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

What void? Our Qb talent is severely lacking. We have J’mar and and a JC transfer....

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    What void? Our Qb talent is severely lacking. We have J’mar and and a JC transfer....
    Did we lose Allen?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Did we lose Allen?
    Nope - coach was praising him at the Signing Day shindig. I think coach will say the QB position is "open" going into Spring practice, but we all know it will be J'Mar. Coach also said the new QB will be enrolled for Spring.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

I saw somewhere that Tech hired a new WR coach. He came from Univ. of Houston, and was QB at Ohio State a few years back. I can't find the article now, and I can't remember his name. Has anyone else seen this?

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    I saw somewhere that Tech hired a new WR coach. He came from Univ. of Houston, and was QB at Ohio State a few years back. I can't find the article now, and I can't remember his name. Has anyone else seen this?
    I haven't seen an article about that, but Kenny Guiton would check your boxes: former OSU QB who was WRs coach at UH this past season.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I haven't seen an article about that, but Kenny Guiton would check your boxes: former OSU QB who was WRs coach at UH this past season.
    That's him. I think I saw it on twitter.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    That's him. I think I saw it on twitter.
    http://BleedTechBlue.com has learned that Kenny Guiton will be the new #LaTech WR coach. Guiton has spent the last two seasons as the WR coach at Houston and was a QB at Ohio State from 2010-2013

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    J'Mar's talent is severely lacking, but no one knows how good or bad that JC transfer, or any of the other guys behind our rockstar, is or could be. I'd be willing to bet we have 2-3 QBs right now that would outperform J'Mar if given the chance.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hambone29 View Post
    J'Mar's talent is severely lacking, but no one knows how good or bad that JC transfer, or any of the other guys behind our rockstar, is or could be. I'd be willing to bet we have 2-3 QBs right now that would outperform J'Mar if given the chance.
    I would certainly hope so. J'Mar does not have what it takes to play at this level. He'd probably make someone a decent QB at an FCS program somewhere, but he can't handle FBS defenses.
    Last edited by DocMarvin362; 02-18-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I find it unfathomable that the worst QB in Tech history gets to be a 3-year starter. We had Sokol, Driskel, and Higgins for one year each and all are only 1,000X better than Smith.

Now...we all know that often college QBs get "great" in their senior years. Almost like magic! Will Smith prove this theory true? I'll say this right now, if Smith is actually "good," not even has to be "great," I'll settle for "good," that will prove the senior year theory beyond any doubt.

May the Force be with us!

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I find it unfathomable that the worst QB in Tech history gets to be a 3-year starter. We had Sokol, Driskel, and Higgins for one year each and all are only 1,000X better than Smith.

Now...we all know that often college QBs get "great" in their senior years. Almost like magic! Will Smith prove this theory true? I'll say this right now, if Smith is actually "good," not even has to be "great," I'll settle for "good," that will prove the senior year theory beyond any doubt.

May the Force be with us!
    It could be worse. Remember Ross Jenkins? I didn't think that kid would ever graduate.

Jenkins was a 3-yr starter at LA Tech from 2008 thru 2010. He started 35 games for Tech, and passed for 5,036 total yds and 36 TD's. That's only 144 yds and 1 passing TD per game. In this age of wide open passing offenses, it's really unfathomable that Tech let Jenkins start 35 football games in a row. So far, J'Mar has started 26 games (played in 34), and passed for 6,346 yds and 31 TD's in those 27 starts. That's 235 yds and 1.14 TD passes per game, as a starter (27 games).

Neither QB could/can score. Their TD ratio's are horrible.

Just to give everyone a comparison, Colby Cameron (31), Cody Sokol (30), Ryan Higgins (48), Tim Rattay (35) and Jason Martin (32) all passed for more than 30 TD's during their senior year alone. (Driskel passed for 27). And that's exactly what we need out of J"Mar Smith in 2019: a BIG senior year.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...jenkins-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...r-smith-1.html

It does seem like LA Tech's worst QB's end up with the longest tenures as starters. J'Mar will likely end up starting 40 games for LA Tech before he graduates. Throw in the 35 games from Ross Jenkins, and that's 75 games of bad QBing that Tech fans had to sit through in the last 12 years. I guess most programs have to put up with the same. But in Tech's case, the great QB play by Cameron, Sokol, Higgins, Rattay, Martin and Driskel --not to mention Terry Bradshaw and Luke McCown-- will really spoil ya.

+ Reply to Thread