+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Rattay New Redskins Quarterbacks Coach

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Rattay New Redskins Quarterbacks Coach

I bet our QB sucks again this year.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Longdog View Post
    Yep, another Louisiana Tech Coach moves up.

Read “Redskins Name Tim Rattay As Quarterbacks Coach” at https://www.redskins.com/news/redski...terbacks-coach
    The thing I noticed most about the article was the lack of any mention of J'Mar. Driskel and Higgins were mentioned. I sure hope we have a better QB this coming season. I just don't see J'Mar getting any better.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Re: Rattay Interviewing?

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    In case you've forgotten, or haven't watched these, 1998 Highlights Parts 1, 2, 3 & 4. Tim Rattay and Company. How sweet it was!

Part 1: https://youtu.be/zbdywBSH5uk

Part 2: https://youtu.be/BwpEeVk8hzY

Part 3: https://youtu.be/2H3tU4xAgCY

Part 4: https://youtu.be/XGxYNdTQAxs

1998 was the year I got heavy back into Bulldawg Football. Hadn't had the time for many years. But it was a watershed year and getting back to being around Louisiana Tech was a huge real good thing!
    Edwards looks like an All State HS SR in a Pee Wee league. He never looked like he was giving maximum effort, yet he still blew people off the field.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    If it happens I'll be thrilled, but I think the odds of him returning are slim.

And if there's one guy I'd be willing to put into our HC slot without OC experience it's Tim Rattay. I think the man can come up with a game plan and adapt as the game plays out.

Frankly IMHO, he should have been our OC the last 2 years. I could go off on a rant at this point but I won't.
    EXACTLY... He actually has done at the next level. No doubt, the smartest offensive mind on our team. Skippy has too much pride to let someone be more successful than him on his staff. If Skippy was smart, he would have promoted Rattay to be OC and let him have full control of offense. Skippy has too much of an ego and would never do that b/c he has the best contract in America. Win 8 games a year and just stay round Ruston forever. I'll be surprised if we ever win more than 8 games a year again b/c of Skippy
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    The thing I noticed most about the article was the lack of any mention of J'Mar. Driskel and Higgins were mentioned. I sure hope we have a better QB this coming season. I just don't see J'Mar getting any better.
    It doesn't matter if we do or not, Jmar is the QB unless he gets injured or quits. Skippy will stick with him no matter what. Skippy is the only person in America that believed Scott was not the best RB on the team last year... He couldn't admit he was wrong, so he stuck with his guy, while the future NFL draft pick didn't get the carries that he should have gotten. Skippy has an ego...
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

The only thing I thought of...

Remember, Skip doesn’t fire coaches.

He helps them find jobs elsewhere.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

So Rattay is going to DC to be the coach of the very QB that was drafted and given Rattay's short-term starting job when he was in SF.....that being Alex Smith. Of course that probably had more to do with the head coaching change back at the time.....Erickson's departure.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    So Rattay is going to DC to be the coach of the very QB that was drafted and given Rattay's short-term starting job when he was in SF.....that being Alex Smith. Of course that probably had more to do with the head coaching change back at the time.....Erickson's departure.
    Doubtful that Smith actually plays again though. They will probably both be coaching.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    The only thing I thought of...

Remember, Skip doesn’t fire coaches.

He helps them find jobs elsewhere.
    Fair enough, but "placing" a coach with a college team is much easier than with an NFL team. Those guys are far less likely to do someone a favor, because they are constantly under threat of being run out of town. It's more likely that Rattay got this job because of his connections with Gruden and experience with his offense. I wish him well, and I hope he comes back as our HC soon.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hambone29 View Post
    I bet our QB sucks again this year.
    And I bet the sun will rise in the east.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Any chances J’Mar quits due to overwhelming sorrow?

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Todd Fitch will now have Rattay's job as QB coach along with being the "offensive coordinator."

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    Todd Fitch will now have Rattay's job as QB coach along with being the "offensive coordinator."
    New DC...Fitch/Holtz in total control of the O. Can you say 3-9?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    New DC...Fitch/Holtz in total control of the O. Can you say 3-9?
    3-9 would be a pleasant surprise

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

So in other words, Holtz is the head coach, offensive coordinator and now QB coach being that he doesn’t really allow anyone to do the job they’re titled to. I’m sure we’ll see J’Mar at his ultimate best now since there aren’t any middle men left.

This whole coaching calamity is verging on completely ridiculous. I’m wondering is Holtz too lazy to conduct a coach search, too cheap to pay someone or too egotistical to open the door for someone who might challenge the current Tech standard?

+ Reply to Thread