+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rattay New Redskins Quarterbacks Coach

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Rattay New Redskins Quarterbacks Coach

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post

I've not read anybody who's said as much. You're still misreading I see.
    Some alluded to it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post

I've not read anybody who's said as much. You're still misreading I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Some alluded to it.
    Several alluded to it, but at least one directly stated that the problem with our QB was our QB coach. I assume he was reading that on another site.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

And what about Coach Rattay? Was he sidelined by Skip the last 2 years per his opinion and his work with J'Mar as his QB coach this year? I love having Rattay back at Tech as a coach but the questions still beg answering. Just asking guys. - TYLERTECHSAS

Well, who is responsible? Does the CEO of a company get the blame when the Sales director isn’t doing their
    job? J’mar has regressed, Holtz fault or someone else? Holtz was the HC for Sokol, Driskel, and Higgins...He has been consistent. What has changed is the OC and QB coach. Holtz isn’t going anywhere this year, who should be the fall guy the OC or QB coach? Someone will go , who should it be? - eagle2180

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    And what about Coach Rattay? Was he sidelined by Skip the last 2 years per his opinion and his work with J'Mar as his QB coach this year? I love having Rattay back at Tech as a coach but the questions still beg answering. Just asking guys. - TYLERTECHSAS

Well, who is responsible? Does the CEO of a company get the blame when the Sales director isn’t doing their
    job? J’mar has regressed, Holtz fault or someone else? Holtz was the HC for Sokol, Driskel, and Higgins...He has been consistent. What has changed is the OC and QB coach. Holtz isn’t going anywhere this year, who should be the fall guy the OC or QB coach? Someone will go , who should it be? - eagle2180

PD, better edit these and put in quotation marks so others won't think you are saying this. I first thought that, until you mentioned the person at the end. Just a thought.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

We may get him back some day, but not while Holtz is at EllAye Tech under achieving with a horrible QB.]

Where are all the "fans" who thought Rattay was the problem with our QB?
    I thought you were the fan calling Rattay to task about J'Mar! That's how I remembered it, anyway.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    He is dead to me now...
    As Dwayne stated above, "He is dead to me now...". Like I've stated before (paraphrased), he surely couldn't get off scot-free for the JS issues as he was his QB coach. I loved having him on staff but this move to the Skins will be good for his career if he performs well as a QB coach, and possibly for TECH in the future. Who knows? But we all on here BB&B him well dispite now coaching for a swampy DC team. Just please beat the cowgirls at least twice every year Coach Rattay!

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Good luck to Rattay. He has a great understanding of the game, and will most likely do well in the NFL.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

I hate this! Ever since Tim Rattay showed up, I've been hopeful he'd eventually become our head coach. Kiss that goodbye.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

It seems inconceivable to me to blame Rattay for J’Mar’s lack of accomplishment. All you have to do is watch J’Mar play to see his slowness in decision making and the commitment to execute. You can coach and coach and coach but you can’t speed up someone’s mental ability to process and execute. Motor skills and reading the field are quite different from mental crispness and the confidence to do what you know you’re supposed to do.

For the sake of the team I wouldn’t mind being wrong but my opinion is that J’Mar just simply lacks the fundamental mental abilities to be a accomplished top tier QB and no amount of coaching is going to change that.

I wonder if Luke McCown would be interesting in picking up where Rattay left off. Why not?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

That equivocation. You inferred. He asked a question, didn’t make a statement.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    I hate this! Ever since Tim Rattay showed up, I've been hopeful he'd eventually become our head coach. Kiss that goodbye.
    Why not?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    Nah! not goodbye. Try "until we meet again."

This will help Rattay's career. But, if he has designs on being a HC someday, he needs to grow into a coordinator's position first. Either the NFL or college will work for that.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    It seems inconceivable to me to blame Rattay for J’Mar’s lack of accomplishment. All you have to do is watch J’Mar play to see his slowness in decision making and the commitment to execute. You can coach and coach and coach but you can’t speed up someone’s mental ability to process and execute. Motor skills and reading the field are quite different from mental crispness and the confidence to do what you know you’re supposed to do.

For the sake of the team I wouldn’t mind being wrong but my opinion is that J’Mar just simply lacks the fundamental mental abilities to be a accomplished top tier QB and no amount of coaching is going to change that.

I wonder if Luke McCown would be interesting in picking up where Rattay left off. Why not?
    In other words, if we recruit talented players we will be successful, good coaches coach great talent,great coaches coach whatever is available and get positive results.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    In other words, if we recruit talented players we will be successful, good coaches coach great talent,great coaches coach whatever is available and get positive results.
    This was said of some great coach in the past, don't remember who:

He can beat you with his players, and he can beat you with your players.

+ Reply to Thread