+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rattay New Redskins Quarterbacks Coach

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Rattay New Redskins Quarterbacks Coach

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Nah! not goodbye. Try "until we meet again."

This will help Rattay's career. But, if he has designs on being a HC someday, he needs to grow into a coordinator's position first. Either the NFL or college will work for that.
    If it happens I'll be thrilled, but I think the odds of him returning are slim.

And if there's one guy I'd be willing to put into our HC slot without OC experience it's Tim Rattay. I think the man can come up with a game plan and adapt as the game plays out.

Frankly IMHO, he should have been our OC the last 2 years. I could go off on a rant at this point but I won't.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    If it happens I'll be thrilled, but I think the odds of him returning are slim.

And if there's one guy I'd be willing to put into our HC slot without OC experience it's Tim Rattay. I think the man can come up with a game plan and adapt as the game plays out.

Frankly IMHO, he should have been our OC the last 2 years. I could go off on a rant at this point but I won't.
    No disrespect intended, if the players can’t exexute the plan it is useless. Rattay most likely could see what needed to be done but failed in the player execution. Talent and mental abilities play a huge part in player development and execution.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I thought you were the fan calling Rattay to task about J'Mar! That's how I remembered it, anyway.
    You have never been more wrong.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    You have never been more wrong.
    Sorry, your boy decided to move on.......

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Sorry, your boy decided to move on.......
    You are a great fan....

You are a great fan....
    I’m glad a Tech grad made a postive career move. I’m certain the Redskins pay more than La Tech and it’s probably a better fit for Rattay...

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

No disrespect intended, if the players can’t exexute the plan it is useless. Rattay most likely could see what needed to be done but failed in the player execution. Talent and mental abilities play a huge part in player development and execution.
    I agree and made the point myself. I think Rattay could have been the Socrates of QB coaches and it wouldn't have mattered.

Look at videos of how Tim played QB and how J'mar plays it. Both guys had good coaches. The difference is talent & ability.

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    I agree and made the point myself. I think Rattay could have been the Socrates of QB coaches and it wouldn't have mattered.

Look at videos of how Tim played QB and how J'mar plays it. Both guys had good coaches. The difference is talent & ability.
    eagle did a 180 when he saw he was proven wrong about Rattay's abilty to coach.

eagle did a 180 when he saw he was proven wrong about Rattay's abilty to coach.
    Never said he couldn’t coach. Our players struggled to execute what he coached...

Never said he couldn’t coach.
    Yeah you did. You blamed Rattay for our QB being so HORRIBLE.

When? Just said he was involved in recruiting and coaching J’mar...I think the J’mar is horrible was a consensus among many fans....just a disagreement over who is responsible for the putrid play.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

This was said of some great coach in the past, don't remember who:

He can beat you with his players, and he can beat you with your players.
    I heard that attributed to Bear Bryant.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    It seems inconceivable to me to blame Rattay for J’Mar’s lack of accomplishment. All you have to do is watch J’Mar play to see his slowness in decision making and the commitment to execute. You can coach and coach and coach but you can’t speed up someone’s mental ability to process and execute. Motor skills and reading the field are quite different from mental crispness and the confidence to do what you know you’re supposed to do.

For the sake of the team I wouldn’t mind being wrong but my opinion is that J’Mar just simply lacks the fundamental mental abilities to be a accomplished top tier QB and no amount of coaching is going to change that.

I wonder if Luke McCown would be interesting in picking up where Rattay left off. Why not?
    I heard an interview with Archie Manning. He was asked what makes a great qb? First thing he said was “you have to approach the game with a certain level of intelligence.”

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    That equivocation. You inferred. He asked a question, didn’t make a statement.
    Quit arguing with Mrs. Holtz!

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

I think eagle did a nice job is questioning who is to blame for J’Mar from a coaching standpoint. I don’t think he was harsh on Rattay. He was just asking a question. The defensiveness of some over Rattay pretty much show it was a pretty legit question to ask. Why not just answer instead of get defensive? I think that proves the point he was trying to make.

+ Reply to Thread