+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2/9 mbb @ usm

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Re: 2/9 mbb @ usm

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post

Then McClelland made 3 bad basketball hires (Summitt, Stoehrs, Konkol), two of which he gave unearned extensions after mediocre seasons early in their tenures and extended them to the point that we won't be able to afford their ridiculous buyouts for a long time.............

That's the way you roll in the southland................ McNeese (incl. while our southland boy was a.d. there) kept Dave Simmons as mbb coach for 12 seasons, during which Dave compiled a 155-211 record (0.423) whilst going 98-115 (0.460) in conference play. Simmons had 2 winning seasons in 12.

Why the hell would anyone ever let our southland a.d. hire a bb coach ?? He had never done it before and obviously has no clue how to do it.
    Last edited by nadB; 02-12-2019 at 12:18 AM.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    The last thing we need is for McClelland to make another basketball hire. Tommy has already struck out on the hardwood and shouldn't get another chance.
    This is what I tell those asking if I want to fire our HC - I don't as long as the current AD is calling the shots...

As bad as things are, they could get a lot worse
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    This is what I tell those asking if I want to fire our HC - I don't as long as the current AD is calling the shots...

As bad as things are, they could get a lot worse
    As frustrated as I am, I agree. Somebody else needs to be gone first.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    As frustrated as I am, I agree. Somebody else needs to be gone first.
    His track record in picking basketball coaches as Dawg06 so eloquently points out is woeful at best here and his previous stops...

That said I think Brooke is the correct person on the Techster side - that program was such a train wreck after Weatherspoon and Summit that she was starting from scratch

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    His track record in picking basketball coaches as Dawg06 so eloquently points out is woeful at best here and his previous stops...

That said I think Brooke is the correct person on the Techster side - that program was such a train wreck after Weatherspoon and Summit that she was starting from scratch
    The problem with Team Stoehr is she can't recruit. She's clean off the court unlike the other two, but her Lady Techsters program is staring straight at some rough years ahead of it.

If Brooke were not an alumna, she would not have been given an interview by a decent AD. Her records were 8th, 4th, 6th, and 3rd place in the Southland. Why should we expect better results at Tech? She just got lucky at the Southland Tourney.

As of now, the Lady Techsters have a losing record in conference play, a feat that's only been accomplished once in Tech history: Spoon's last season that got her fired.

The Lady Techsters lose all their scoring after this season, and there is no one to replace those points. Brooke's three recruiting classes at Tech have been ranked #9, #14, and #10 in Conference USA. Stoehr somehow can't recruit any talent to Tech.

In 7 years as HC, the best Stoehr has ever finished is 3rd place, and she won't be finishing any higher anytime soon. She's only had one 20-win season in 7 years as HC, and that was Year 2 at NWST. The future of our WBB program is bleak.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 02-12-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Let me preface this by stating this is just speculation on my part.

I think part of Brooke's problem is her husband. He needs to either get out of coaching altogether...go sell insurance for State Farm or something...or if he fancies himself a coach, get a job at a high school. Then Brooke can hire an assistant coach who will also be in charge of recruiting.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Let me preface this by stating this is just speculation on my part.

I think part of Brooke's problem is her husband. He needs to either get out of coaching altogether...go sell insurance for State Farm or something...or if he fancies himself a coach, get a job at a high school. Then Brooke can hire an assistant coach who will also be in charge of recruiting.
    Agreed. I think he should be demoted to a staff DBO position, and she needs to hire a legit recruiter to replace him. The only problem is that it would take a few years until we could see the benefits of the new assistant's recruiting. The Lady Techsters desperately need a couple immediate impact grad transfers for next season, or else it could get really ugly.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

https://wbbblog.com/category/transfers/

Pickings are pretty sparse. Brooke better get busy.

I know they are actively recruiting Connie Robertson Tell's (All American at Texas Tech) daughter Marisa out of Haynesville HS - she is just a sophomore but has already broken the 1,000 pt barrier

As a freshman, she was better than the girl they signed out of Arcadia last year

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Started pulling away as we made free throws... hmm.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    No game thread, not even a mention of the game last night on this forum. That silence speaks volumes.

I've missed more home games this year than I have in a long long time...

With a kid playing jr high ball and now highschool ball - my investment level in Tech athletics has waned tremendously

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    No game thread, not even a mention of the game last night on this forum. That silence speaks volumes.
    Yep. I was there. Struggled at home to beat a 3 win CUSA team. I guess we are getting fairly safe on making the tournament...

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I won't mention our free throw shooting in the first half... but Tech was 12-23 from the stripe for the game. That drops Tech's free throw shooting to 58.8% during conference play. Manhattan is the only team in the country shooting a lower percentage than that for the season. Thank goodness we won this one.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

I missed last night fighting a near relapse with the flu. Sick of being sick. Glad we won. But I've missed so much work I doubt I'll try to go Saturday to the UTSA game.

Right now the only thing I won't miss (unless the angels come for me) is opening day against ULL in baseball.

+ Reply to Thread