+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ULL: Baseball Home Opener Moved to Wednesday

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Re: ULL: Baseball Home Opener Moved to Wednesday

Man are them girls in laffy salty about finding their missing L again. It’s funny to me how they always claim that this is our Super Bowl, yet they have 40 pages of thread to our 3 I think maybe they have that backwards.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Man are them girls in laffy salty about finding their missing L again. It’s funny to me how they always claim that this is our Super Bowl, yet they have 40 pages of thread to our 3 I think maybe they have that backwards.
    Keep in mind that they had a SUPER REGIONAL setting vs Texas in Lafayette. They are big time. We are just one of their system schools.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    3-2 in 10 innings. Our six pitchers struck out 14 Cajun batters.
    Our old hitting coach with Coach Goff is their new hitting coach I believe...
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aggiedawg View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. Nothing appeared intentional and if that was the only instance of over-sliding it may have been different. Turf+moisture= not gonna get called. Ump was strong in his conviction of the call and reasoning.
    UL-lie knows the value in lack of rule enforcement so I am not sure what they are complaining about anyway.

Varsity Bulldog aggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud of aggiedawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    UL-lie knows the value in lack of rule enforcement so I am not sure what they are complaining about anyway.
    I wanted to say something to the ULL SS after the game. We have the same last name, but mine doesn't have the E at the end. Guess he showed why it was there.

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Keep in mind that they had a SUPER REGIONAL setting vs Texas in Lafayette. They are big time. We are just one of their system schools.
    Although subtle at this time that is exactly the perception they want to embed. Simply cant understand why our administration isnt working with the other University of Louisiana schools and the college board to reign them in.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    Although subtle at this time that is exactly the perception they want to embed. Simply cant understand why our administration isnt working with the other University of Louisiana schools and the college board to reign them in.
    arrogance, ignorance, or just playing EllAye politics. I choose door # 3

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

There are a few possibilities:

- They don't know. I find it hard to believe that a message board has a better grasp on ULL politics than, say, Guice.
    - They know but don't care. I think this is where lsu is; they know they have the power to stomp them into dust at any time, so it's not worth wasting brain cells on. This attitude might affect our own admin who knows they can't do anything without lsu's implicit approval.
    - Or they could be waiting for ULL's hubris to undo them.
    - They are working behind the scenes to fix the problem but their actions are not publicly available.

I think we're right to be concerned - espn is now using the illegal name almost exclusively.

FYI one of our ADs goof ball hires had UL on the Scoreboard early. One of our THEBBB peeps had enough sense to add the extra L before the game began. Our AD is such a wuss

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The night of the game I happened to channel surf onto Channel 3 and they had a nice wrap-up of the game with highlights. But! the lead in was "talk about a rivalry, Tech so hates the school from south Louisiana they refuse to use their real name, and instead still call them ULL..."

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Some people are just willingly ignorant.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The night of the game I happened to channel surf onto Channel 3 and they had a nice wrap-up of the game with highlights. But! the lead in was "talk about a rivalry, Tech so hates the school from south Louisiana they refuse to use their real name, and instead still call them ULL..."
    That was Anderson - he was blasted on twitter for it and backtracked his opening statements saying he called them what they asked him to call them -

I like KTAL and KSLA and KNOE - they all used their REAL name or a variant there off

Brad Cesak (sp?) - will use anything from Lafayette to ULL to UL-L to UL- Lafayette - its great!
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    The better question is how did ULL get a 3-game home series with Texas?
    Well, uslull fandom dug deep into both pockets (look at the large list of donor names on the Tigue inner walls) and funded a very nice ballpark renovation.
    They went deep into debt they're still paying off to fund it (according to a booster club officer/friend of mine), they built it and people are coming as witnessed by the Texas series.

If we just added grandstands on the (especially) 1st base and 3rd base lines, that'd be a start. The uneven hilly walk line behind the 1st base booster tents are an accident waiting to happen.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Well, uslull fandom dug deep into both pockets (look at the large list of donor names on the Tigue inner walls) and funded a very nice ballpark renovation.
    They went deep into debt they're still paying off to fund it (according to a booster club officer/friend of mine), they built it and people are coming as witnessed by the Texas series.

If we just added grandstands on the (especially) 1st base and 3rd base lines, that'd be a start. The uneven hilly walk line behind the 1st base booster tents are an accident waiting to happen.
    And they're still 1-5 to start the 2019 season, maybe 1-6 after this Sam Houston State game they're playing.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    And they're still 1-5 to start the 2019 season, maybe 1-6 after this Sam Houston State game they're playing.
    https://i.imgur.com/6gRCnAr.gif (NSFW)

+ Reply to Thread