+ Reply to Thread

Thread: John Long Passed Away - Hall of Distinguished Alumni - Alumnus of the Year Twice

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

John Long Passed Away - Hall of Distinguished Alumni - Alumnus of the Year Twice

I have never known personally anyone with more support, passion for Tech. he played baseball for 3 years at Tech - loved Football -basketball . John was in Byrd Hall of Fame and usually found at TAG tent with Don Hathaway and several legendary tech folks . He graduated in 1951 and never lost his passion and knowledge of tech . We would drive over from Shreveport to Tech basketball games --

My personal favorite was flying out to Boise for Humanitarian Bowl game-- John and I shared a room and it was awesome hearing his stories about Tech and trying to keep up with him at events ...

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sh...&pid=191600098

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: JOHN lONG PASSED AWAY - HALL OF DISTINGUISHED ALUMNI -ALUMNUS OF YEAR TWICE

I met him at a Tech event at Shreveport CC approximately 30 years ago. He was such a nice person and a loyal Tech fan I continued to see at Tech events over the years since.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: John Long Passed Away - Hall of Distinguished Alumni - Alumnus of the Year Twice

Thank you for sharing this with us, Dogsince65. RIP to this loyal Bulldog brother.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Re: John Long Passed Away - Hall of Distinguished Alumni - Alumnus of the Year Twice

Cannot say enough about Mr. Long. He was a testament and model of what a loyal devoted Tech Fan is and should be. The Tech family will truly miss him.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

attended funeral for John. Great turnout from Tech grads --had a flower/plant with Tech decorations . I sat with Coach Aillet and Dr Guice -- amazed how nice both were . Stories of John and his passion for Tech gave me goosebump --

+ Reply to Thread