+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extra Innings Win at Little Rock

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Extra Innings Win at Little Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Dorm Fridge View Post
    I checked in on the stat broadcast in the 8th, with Tech up 3-2. They let LR even it up 3-3 in the 9th.

Things were not looking great in the 12th when a pinch runner promptly got picked off at first for the 2nd out. But the next Tech batter got plunked by a pitch and took 1st.

Up comes Parker Bates, who was 0-for-6 on the night. Of course, he promptly nailed a a double into left.

The runner on 1st hauled it around the bases and got home safely (unlike a couple of runners last Sunday), and LR made a wild throw home that let Bates get to third. That triggered another LR throwing error, and hero Bates ran home to make it 5-3 Tech. They closed it out in the bottom of the 12th for the road win.

That was pretty exciting for watching a stat page update. Video of the final two runs is on the Diamond Dogs Twitter feed.

I agree with the coach's post-game comments that wins can't be taken for granted. Even the best teams--LSU is famous for it--often drop mid-week games to small schools. And LR is no community college; they have over 11,000 students.

https://latechsports.com/news/2019/2/27/baseball-la-tech-captures-dramatic-12-inning-victory-over-little-rock.aspx

What is the link to the stat cast you followed for the game?
    Good old Memorial Gym

Big Dog Dorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to behold

What is the link to the stat cast you followed for the game?
    Go to the LA Tech baseball schedule page and click the "Live Stats" link by the game that is on.

https://latechsports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=209

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I was hoping that’s not the statcast you meant.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    There aren't 10 fans there....not 10.

Good win though. In baseball, they're all good wins.
    I had every intention of leaving work early to catch this game. Wouldn't you know it, 911s all over the building and I didn't leave the office until 7. Had I made it, looks like I would've been the only person in attendance.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I assume they scheduled the game for 4:00 so our team could be back at a decent hour?

Had the game been in Ruston, not many more would have turned out for a 4:00 game.

+ Reply to Thread