+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tech Play by Play Radio

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Tech Play by Play Radio

It’s so frustrating trying to listen to a game when Dave Nitz isn’t on the air. After Nitz I’d prefer Mark Kramer over Teddy Allen. To me, and it brings me no pleasure to say so, but Allen is slow to say what’s going on and seems not to bring any excitement or enthusiasm to the broadcast. It’s agonizing to hear the sounds of the game in the background with Allen seeming to be a half play behind in announcing it.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Tech Play by Play Radio

First, it's not fair to compare anyone to Nitz. Our HALL OF FAME broadcaster is one of the best. Period.

But, I don't like Teddy Allen at all. He brings nothing to the booth. Useless as a football "color" guy since he doesn't know what he's looking at out there. Slow...boring... but, JMO.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Why does it sound like they just piped in a phone call. Does the love shack need an upgrade?

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Gladzilla View Post
    Why does it sound like they just piped in a phone call. Does the love shack need an upgrade?
    They are supposed to be doing voice over internet connection for the broadcasts, but apparently not for baseball. The sound quality sounds like the 1970s all over again.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The volume is different when Dave does PxP. Someone is not "flipping the right switch" in the booth.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Gladzilla View Post
    I've had this same question over the last few seasons. I've checked the visiting team's radio broadcasts several times via various apps while sitting in the stands and found much better quality.

For example, UL-Lafayette's broadcast was studio quality. Crystal clear.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I'm sure it's Dan Reneau's fault...

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    First, it's not fair to compare anyone to Nitz. Our HALL OF FAME broadcaster is one of the best. Period.

But, I don't like Teddy Allen at all. He brings nothing to the booth. Useless as a football "color" guy since he doesn't know what he's looking at out there. Slow...boring... but, JMO.
    Look out...you have broken the golden rule. That is, never criticize Teddy Allen. I will go on record to say I have never cared for him in the booth. I really don't care for most of his humor either. I'm sure it plays well amongst his friends, but I agree with with you. Slow, boring, sometimes embarrassing. He offsets Dave's brilliance on occasion. But, JMO.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    I've had this same question over the last few seasons. I've checked the visiting team's radio broadcasts several times via various apps while sitting in the stands and found much better quality.

For example, UL-Lafayette's broadcast was studio quality. Crystal clear.
    Well.... Why does Tech not take pride in providing wonderful things?

Bulldog DiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to all DiamondDawg36's Avatar

Well, I thought I was the only one! Glad to know it was not just me. I am sure he is a great guy but his commentating is a lot less than desired. Thanks

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

I like Teddy Allen. On some of the protracted weather delayed broadcasts during football he was hilarious. And I think he does a very good job at color commentary with football. I also think he's done a great job at the events where he's been the MC. Plus I think he's a very good journalist.

Maybe it's a taste thing. Now, I haven't heard him do baseball or basketball. Maybe he's not the everyday voice of the Dawgs or maybe he needs time in the saddle, I don't know. But for the broadcasts he's been a part of that I've heard, I like him.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

It could be a bias thing. I've known him so long (worked with him in the SID) that I feel like one of my best friends is just telling me what is happening in the game.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I'm sure it's Dan Reneau's fault...
    Well, if we were putting together a strategic plan and were looking at internal weaknesses and did a deep dive root cause analysis....

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

LOL. Remeber when we had very little radio in February and March? As in zilch?

Just tell me the score, the inning, the batter, the runners, the outs, the balls and the strikes (and the time left, if it applies.)

Until then, let's just wait for Dave and the conference play.

"Let's check the scoreboard. . . . . Well . . . that was stupid. They don't have it right either."
    --Teddy Allen, 2019.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Teddy badly needs a crowd mic like Dave uses.

And Teddy is obviously not a pxp guy. Neither is Cramer. Tech needs to find a real pxp backup for Dave because these games are painful to listen to when Dave is out. Teddy is great as a coach's show host though.

But most troubling of all are Tech's bush league CUSATV broadcasts. At least 2 of our baseball broadcasts did not work at all, and our MBB broadcasts are infuriating to watch because Tech has gotten lazy just showing the video board feed. Tech's CUSATV broadcasts of the biggest possessions of the UNT and Marshall games were showing our bench telling fans to MAKE SOME NOISE. Unacceptable. Our AD must get his act together. SideArm ought to take all these refunds resulting from Tech's incompetence out of Tommy's paycheck.

+ Reply to Thread