+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tech Play by Play Radio

Varsity Bulldog eddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really niceeddawgfan is just really nice eddawgfan's Avatar

Re: Tech Play by Play Radio

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    I like Teddy Allen. On some of the protracted weather delayed broadcasts during football he was hilarious. And I think he does a very good job at color commentary with football. I also think he's done a great job at the events where he's been the MC. Plus I think he's a very good journalist.

Maybe it's a taste thing. Now, I haven't heard him do baseball or basketball. Maybe he's not the everyday voice of the Dawgs or maybe he needs time in the saddle, I don't know. But for the broadcasts he's been a part of that I've heard, I like him.
    Ditto!

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Teddy badly needs a crowd mic like Dave uses.

And Teddy is obviously not a pxp guy. Neither is Cramer. Tech needs to find a real pxp backup for Dave because these games are painful to listen to when Dave is out. Teddy is great as a coach's show host though.

But most troubling of all are Tech's bush league CUSATV broadcasts. At least 2 of our baseball broadcasts did not work at all, and our MBB broadcasts are infuriating to watch because Tech has gotten lazy just showing the video board feed. Tech's CUSATV broadcasts of the biggest possessions of the UNT and Marshall games were showing our bench telling fans to MAKE SOME NOISE. Unacceptable. Our AD must get his act together. SideArm ought to take all these refunds resulting from Tech's incompetence out of Tommy's paycheck.
    The University isn't going to start holding Tommy accountable any time soon.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Gladzilla View Post
    The University isn't going to start holding Tommy accountable any time soon.
    Then we have to.

My current LTAC pledge expires after May. And there is no guarantee that I am renewing it because the status quo with the current athletic adminstration isn't getting the job done. And I'm afraid that the real root of the problem might not have an office west of Tech Drive.
    Last edited by FriscoDawg; 03-07-2019 at 09:36 PM.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

But most troubling of all are Tech's bush league CUSATV broadcasts. At least 2 of our baseball broadcasts did not work at all, and our MBB broadcasts are infuriating to watch because Tech has gotten lazy just showing the video board feed. Tech's CUSATV broadcasts of the biggest possessions of the UNT and Marshall games were showing our bench telling fans to MAKE SOME NOISE. Unacceptable. Our AD must get his act together. SideArm ought to take all these refunds resulting from Tech's incompetence out of Tommy's paycheck.
    Let's add that LaTechX app to the mix also - it's utterly useless

I use CBS sports for football and basketball - unfortunately TECH baseball and softball are not supported on it
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I think it’s wrong to pile on Teddy. He loves Tech and will try to do whatever the Tech administration asks him to do.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I think it’s wrong to pile on Teddy. He loves Tech and will try to do whatever the Tech administration asks him to do.
    Dittoes
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Let's add that LaTechX app to the mix also - it's utterly useless

I use CBS sports for football and basketball - unfortunately TECH baseball and softball are not supported on it
    Yep. When I clicked on the LaTechX app for stats last weekend because our CUSATV wasn't working, the Tech-ASU stats link pulled up stats for ULL-SELA......

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Come on. Since when did admin decisions become immune from criticism? Obviously Teddy loves Tech and is a great asset to us. Nobody has said otherwise. The bottom line is Tech's admin should not put Teddy in a position where he's not good. The more Teddy hosts, podcasts, and writes the better. Teddy is great at all those things. The Teddy podcasts were an excellent addition this year. However, I think we all know he's not a pxp guy, and Tech shouldn't put him there. It's not fair to Teddy, and it's not best for the fans. Neither Teddy nor Cramer are pxp guys. Tech's admin should get a real pxp backup when Dave is out. That's all. And by posting that, you just extended this conversation about Teddy that was likely dead, in effect doing the exact opposite of what you wanted.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

As opposed to having no broadcast if they don't have someone else? Dave was in Florida, Cramer & Malcom weren't available. Neither was the guy that sometimes fills in for Dave on basketball sometimes who is pretty good at pxp. So you could say he was the 5th guy in line.

I listened and while he's not Dave Nitz, I thought he was OK. I knew what was going on, just not as eloquently as Dave. I know I've heard a lot worse.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Rick Godley is good, but he is booked up by THE U of WM.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Come on. Since when did admin decisions become immune from criticism? Obviously Teddy loves Tech and is a great asset to us. Nobody has said otherwise. The bottom line is Tech's admin should not put Teddy in a position where he's not good. The more Teddy hosts, podcasts, and writes the better. Teddy is great at all those things. The Teddy podcasts were an excellent addition this year. However, I think we all know he's not a pxp guy, and Tech shouldn't put him there. It's not fair to Teddy, and it's not best for the fans. Neither Teddy nor Cramer are pxp guys. Tech's admin should get a real pxp backup when Dave is out. That's all. And by posting that, you just extended this conversation about Teddy that was likely dead, in effect doing the exact opposite of what you wanted.
    Much of your post is in agreement with what I meant.
    Last edited by Tech77; 03-08-2019 at 09:00 AM.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I like Teddy's off beat broadcast calls -

He will say when things are bad and stink - in his offbeat way

And his "C'Ya!" - call is EPIC homage to those who know him and his work
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

I love Teddy. What he lacks on PxP he makes up ten fold on color. He says things in ways that are unique and cannot be duplicated. His dryness doesn't lend itself to PxP and he definitely needs a crowd mic, but I would take him as a standin for Dave every now and again.

He and Dave together are 100%. Not sure there are many schools around the country with a combination like that. Really lucky to have both.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Speaking only for myself, I was not piling on. Well, I kind of started the pile in this thread, others piled on. But, I was merely expressing my opinion. I never said, have never thought he doesn't love Tech. I want what's best for Tech in all aspects. Nothing personal.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

No other school in the country has to resort to using cell phones to broadcast one or more games every single year in one sport or another.

+ Reply to Thread