+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3/1/2019 -3/1/2019 | UCF Softball Tournament

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

3/1/2019 -3/1/2019 | UCF Softball Tournament

3/1/2019
    11:00 am - Louisiana Tech vs Dartmouth
    Tech won 8-0 - run rules 6 innings (recap)
    1:30 pm - Louisiana Tech vs Toledo
    Tech won 8-0 - run rules 5 innings (recap)
    3/2/2019
    2:00 pm - Louisiana Tech vs #1 Florida State (box score)
    FSU won 4-0
    4:30 pm - Louisiana Tech vs UCF (box score)
    UCF won 5-2

Louisiana Tech's record is now 15-5.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: 3/1/2019 -3/1/2019 | UCF Softball Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    3/1/2019
    11:00 am - Louisiana Tech vs Dartmouth
    Tech won 8-0 - run rules 6 innings (recap)
    1:30 pm - Louisiana Tech vs Toledo
    Tech won 8-0 - run rules 5 innings (recap)
    3/2/2019
    2:00 pm - Louisiana Tech vs #1 Florida State (box score)
    FSU won 4-0
    4:30 pm - Louisiana Tech vs UCF (box score)
    UCF won 5-2

Louisiana Tech's record is now 15-5.
    Well, that was a disappointing weekend. Especially for a Top 25 program.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Well, that was a disappointing weekend. Especially for a Top 25 program.
    HD: Florida State is undefeated and the No. 1 team in the country. UCF has very good programs, and we split with them in games in Orlando over the past week. Given the fact we spend almost nothing on softball I'll take it.

Also, we fell out of the Top 25 a few weeks ago. We've only had one bad loss - to Stetson - where we stranded 10 or 11 baserunners and then gave up a 3-run homerun late in the game.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    HD: Florida State is undefeated and the No. 1 team in the country. UCF has very good programs, and we split with them in games in Orlando over the past week. Given the fact we spend almost nothing on softball I'll take it.

Also, we fell out of the Top 25 a few weeks ago. We've only had one bad loss - to Stetson - where we stranded 10 or 11 baserunners and then gave up a 3-run homerun late in the game.
    I know FSU and UCF have good softball programs.....but we LOST 'em both. No brownie points for that. Once again, a Tech sport didn't take advantage of another golden opportunity. Many Tech fans seem content to have the same attitude you just espoused; "oh well, those programs are good". Clearly many people don't seem to understand that THESE are the important games that differentiate the good from the GREAT.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I did expect more since softball is the best sport we have, period.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

I know FSU and UCF have good softball programs.....but we LOST 'em both. No brownie points for that. Once again, a Tech sport didn't take advantage of another golden opportunity. Many Tech fans seem content to have the same attitude you just espoused; "oh well, those programs are good". Clearly many people don't seem to understand that THESE are the important games that differentiate the good from the GREAT.

To a degree I think you're misreading my post. I expanded on our losses just to give more information about our weekend opponents as well as our one bad loss.

I'll take the overall record because I understand the fact we're not funding the sport in a way to allow it to have success at that level.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

I know FSU and UCF have good softball programs.....but we LOST 'em both. No brownie points for that.
    I kind of expected them to lose both games. If they played anybody after FSU in that tournament, it shouldn't have been UCF. The losses that Tech had to UCF were only because they were playing a fresh team in the 2nd game of double headers. We need UCF's scheduler. They were only playing one game per day. I've said it before, the team's only issue is scheduling.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The ONLY issue Tech softball has is:

The Historian: funding
    StrongBad: it's the scheduling
    Hogdawg: it's the team's unwillingness to seize opportunities

But we all the real truth: it's Dan Reneau's fault

+ Reply to Thread