+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2020-2025 Bowl Rotations

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Re: 2020-2025 Bowl Rotations

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    It will Continue to be as long as we have the same QB no matter what else changes. He has regressed every single game since his first start at Arkansas.
    That's the way I see it too. J'Mar's sorry performance and crappy attitude are more than enough to keep me away until he's out of here. Holtz has allowed this shit show to go on way too long and it has killed attendance.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    That's the way I see it too. J'Mar's sorry performance and crappy attitude are more than enough to keep me away until he's out of here. Holtz has allowed this shit show to go on way too long and it has killed attendance.
    Ross Jenkins and Zach Champion, what were our attendance figures in those years?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Ross Jenkins and Zach Champion, what were our attendance figures in those years?
    Much better than bogus numbers our resume builder is now posting.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Champion days were sparse... Jenkins was a slight improvement over current numbers. J’mar ranks somewhere close to the bottom as far as Qb performance, but he has produced some wins. So, win and they will come, or win in exciting fashion and they will come, or play a relevant opponent at home? What is the biggest influence on attendance?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Champion days were sparse... Jenkins was a slight improvement over current numbers. J’mar ranks somewhere close to the bottom as far as Qb performance, but he has produced some wins. So, win and they will come, or win in exciting fashion and they will come, or play a relevant opponent at home? What is the biggest influence on attendance?
    Really? What HAVE you been watching the last 2 years? (Rhetorical question.)

One of the biggest influences on attendance is a team's ability to SCORE, which makes a game exciting, and under J'Mar we have statistically sucked at it. (See previous stats posted earlier in this thread). Another is, beating your rivals. And we've sucked at that as well. (e.g., Southern Miss). When you don't beat your rivals, ever, you discount your own program and make people think they are watching an inferior product.

A third influence related to "on the field performance" is, losing games you were heavily favored to win. E.g., WKU had a 2-9 record and beat us in JAS. Again, when a team loses games they were easily supposed to win, you're telling the public one of two things: 1) we don't care, and we can't wait for this season to be over, or 2) we truly ARE an inferior product. Either way, people figure if you don't care, why should they?

And I've already mentioned the value of a marquee win, as demonstrated by UNT's beat down of Arkansas. That has a big influence as well. But when LA Tech's only memorable play in our last 2 appearances against Mississippi State involved Tech losing 87 yards on a single play, well.......it's just really hard to remain credible to your fans when you do your very best to make an ass out of yourself and your school.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Really? What HAVE you been watching the last 2 years? (Rhetorical question.)

One of the biggest influences on attendance is a team's ability to SCORE, which makes a game exciting, and under J'Mar we have statistically sucked at. (See previous stats posted earlier in this thread). Another is, beating your rivals. And we've sucked at that as well. (e.g., Southern Miss). When you don't beat your rivals, ever, you discount your own program and make people think they are watching an inferior product.

A third influence related to "on the field performance" is, losing games you were heavily favored to win. E.g., WKU had a 2-9 record and beat us in JAS. Again, when a team loses games they were easily supposed to win, you're telling the public one of two things: 1) we don't care, and can't wait for this season to be over, or 2) we truly ARE an inferior product. Either way, people figure if you don't care, why should they?

And I've already mentioned the value of a marquee win, as demonstrated by UNT's beat down of Arkansas. That has a big influence as well. But when LA Tech's only memorable play in our last 2 appearances against Mississippi State involved Tech losing 87 yards on a single play, well.......it's just really hard to remain credible to your fans when you do your very best to make an ass out of yourself and your school.
    Excellent post, one of your best.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

So from 2007-2010 the champion/Jenkins

07- 18564 5-7 five home games
    08- 19022 9-5 six home games
    09- 20000 4-8 five home games
    10- 21667 6-7 seven home games

Smith

16- 20414 9-5 five home games Smith had 43 attempts all season
    17- 20375 7-5 seven home games
    18- 17524 8-5 five home games

So what this tells me is a few things right off the top. 1) most of the home games during Smith’s time have been in a weaker conference than the latter WAC years. 2.) Smiths most successful year at Tech has been the one he didn’t play much.

3.) and the most important I drove the 300 miles one way to watch the Champion/Jenkins teams and the 16 Higgins. In 17 and especially last year I have not driven to see more than a couple of games each season. Just 1 in 18, and none this coming year if Smith is the QB. This after going to almost every home game and several away games every year since 1982.

And we know attendance is tickets sold not always butts in seats, but there weren’t even 11,000 reported at the WKU game last year.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    So from 2007-2010 the champion/Jenkins

07- 18564 5-7 five home games
    08- 19022 9-5 six home games
    09- 20000 4-8 five home games
    10- 21667 6-7 seven home games

Smith

16- 20414 9-5 five home games Smith had 43 attempts all season
    17- 20375 7-5 seven home games
    18- 17524 8-5 five home games

So what this tells me is a few things right off the top. 1) most of the home games during Smith’s time have been in a weaker conference than the latter WAC years. 2.) Smiths most successful year at Tech has been the one he didn’t play much.

3.) and the most important I drove the 300 miles one way to watch the Champion/Jenkins teams and the 16 Higgins. In 17 and especially last year I have not driven to see more than a couple of games each season. Just 1 in 18, and none this coming year if Smith is the QB. This after going to almost every home game and several away games every year since 1982.

And we know attendance is tickets sold not always butts in seats, but there weren’t even 11,000 reported at the WKU game last year.
    This is really sad. For me personally (and a couple of others on this board) this is my 50th reunion and I probably won't even go to home coming. Knowing our AD they will probably invite me to come to some function and charge me $75 per person, which I can't afford.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I understand your struggle. It would be hard for me to pass my 50th even as mad as I am at the AD, but I definitely wouldn’t give him a dime other than my ticket. I love my Dawgs, but I have zero faith in the QB and no desire to watch a trash offense. We averaged 24 points a game last year, our opponents averaged 23. Not exciting football, and our defense was good last year, but nothing amazing as a unit. That just shows you how bad some of the teams we played were offensively, and we lost to some of them.

+ Reply to Thread