+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: U of Arkansas Series (03/08 - 03/10/19)

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: U of Arkansas Series (03/08 - 03/10/19)

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    If that’s not pointing foul, I don’t know what is. Seeing is believing.
    Pointing foul and calling foul aren't the same thing. If the ball had been called foul, the ump would have put both hands in the air to signal the ball dead.

I'd expect that kind of mechanics mistake on opening weekend, not on weekend #4.

Bulldog shrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    the signal was not a foul ball signal
    So....if I’m driving, and I signal to turn right, but I make a left hand turn across oncoming traffic causing a multi-car wreck, I should just tell the officers, “I know I signaled to the right, and my intentions were to turn right, so It’s not my fault. My car should have known that I should have taken a right hand turn there. Those other drivers should have seen that clearly I was supposed to turn right. I mean, the place I was going to was clearly on the right side of the road. Why would anyone want to turn left at that intersection.” Surely the officers, insurance companies, and injured victims will understand.

It’s called accountability. You make a mistake, you own it. Play should have been dead, the play reviewed, runners should have been placed if determined fair.....period. It shouldn’t require our head coach to get tossed. It was too crucial of a play to blow.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I think Lane got tossed because the ump was embarrassed and needed to act like he was still the boss.
    Good old Memorial Gym

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Coach got ejected for all the right reasons. The 3rd base ump didn’t do his job properly, the umpiring crew didn’t resolve the situation properly and Burroughs wanted to put an exclamation mark on it all. In addition it was obvious that those 2 runs were going to be extremely hard for Tech to overcome that late in the game against Arkansas in their park, so he was trying to inspire his team by fighting against the wrong that was done. The problem is that it didn’t change anything in the game. It remains to be seen if the team will play any greater inspired ball for the remainder of the series. And now there’s no telling man by man how the umpiring crew will conduct themselves for the next 2 games not that it’ll probably matter. Tech would’ve been up against ‘it’ anyway.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post

Never should have been in that situation after 2 outs and the bases empty. Walk and hit by pitch were the runs that scored.
    First inning mistakes from pitching too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    If that’s not pointing foul, I don’t know what is. Seeing is believing.
    Nobody said he didn't point foul. I saw it, but instead of thinking he pointed foul I was wondering wth he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Yep he was pointing foul. Even the homer announcers say he was as well.
    The announcers? The ones who called LaLaff Louisiana. Yeah, they really know. They never pointed out that the ump signaled wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Pointing foul and calling foul aren't the same thing. If the ball had been called foul, the ump would have put both hands in the air to signal the ball dead.

I'd expect that kind of mechanics mistake on opening weekend, not on weekend #4.
    Thankyou.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I think Lane got tossed because the ump was embarrassed and needed to act like he was still the boss.
    I have not heard or read what he said yet, but I'm guessing the 3rd base ump's explanation was that he mixed up his signals. I'm guessing LB was told "don't come back out here". When he came back the second time he was tossed. Probably hopped he'd get them fired up. Didn't work.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

I watched the game on SECN+ and they showed replays from multiple angles. Every replay showed that the ball was fair. Every replay also showed that the third base ump pointed toward the foul line immediately after the ball hit the ground. When he did this, it appeared that all the Tech players in pursuit of the ball pulled up. The announcers were clearly on HCB's side throughout the ensuing arguments he was having with any umpire that would listen to him. He appeared to remain calm and collected as he confronted the umps. He was not animated at all. The home plate umpire ejected Lane because he quickly tired of trying to defend a very defenseless call by one of his team members.

The announcers repeatedly wondered why the umps refused to view a replay of the matter.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

There’s no way the umps would’ve reviewed anything or changed anything. Whatever boos or complaints there were from the Tech side of things wouldn’t come close to what the Razorbacks’ reaction to a reversal would’ve been. They might’ve called in a whole new crew for the weekend. Wether they’re SEC umps or SEC wannabe umps they know what they have to do.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta score runs on the road. We didn’t

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Dawgs got no help behind the plate
    Some of Miller’s walks where good pitches, the balk in Miller was not a blatant balk & not deceptive
    The foul ball call would have scored at least one run regardless of the umpires fiasco.
    We were out pitched and ultimately the was difference in game. 16 Ks usually means u lose unless your pitching is comparable. Young would rather walk than swing the bat so he K’d 3 times lookin, Huddleston has picked up where he left off last year - he’s not going to be much help offensively & we of late we are not getting much offense from the DH.
    Their pitchers threw strikes & Miller was lucky to leave the game tied. He was in trouble all but one inning.
    Also there hitters made Miller work our hitters swung 3 times & went back to the dugout.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    Dawgs got no help behind the plate
    Some of Miller’s walks where good pitches, the balk in Miller was not a blatant balk & not deceptive
    The foul ball call would have scored at least one run regardless of the umpires fiasco.
    We were out pitched and ultimately the was difference in game. 16 Ks usually means u lose unless your pitching is comparable. Young would rather walk than swing the bat so he K’d 3 times lookin, Huddleston has picked up where he left off last year - he’s not going to be much help offensively & we of late we are not getting much offense from the DH.
    Their pitchers threw strikes & Miller was lucky to leave the game tied. He was in trouble all but one inning.
    Also there hitters made Miller work our hitters swung 3 times & went back to the dugout.
    Good evaluation.

Varsity Bulldog OkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to all

My 2 cents... Hate to say it, but those 2 runs would have scored regardless of the ump's wrong hand motions. You'll notice our LF, SS and 3B never slowed down or let up. Those 2 runners were running with the pitch 3-2 and 2 outs. The 2nd baserunner was past 3rd base when our LF picked up the ball. Yes, the ump made the wrong hand signal, but our fielders played the ball as it was fair. Runners scored regardless.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Walks & hit batters was the key stat
    Arkansas didn’t have that many hits
    We gave em base runners
    Even in the foul call hit - the runners were on base by walk or hbp
    The first two runs same thing
    Pitching is our most glaring weakness at the moment

Looks like the front has passed Fayettville. Not here yet, but you S'Port guys have gotten a taste of it. Looks like we are not getting hit as hard down south as other areas north of us.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Looks like the front has passed Fayettville. Not here yet, but you S'Port guys have gotten a taste of it. Looks like we are not getting hit as hard down south as other areas north of us.
    It came through and past Tyler/Bullard about an hour ago.

Our pitching should come around.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post

Our pitching should come around.
    I agree that it should, but it never did last year.

+ Reply to Thread