+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sam Houston mid-week series - Game 2 Cancelled

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Re: Sam Houston mid-week series - Game 2 Cancelled

Tech had a very good combined pitching effort Tuesday evening. Griffin had a quality start and each reliever who came in after him did their jobs very nicely. I’m crossing my fingers hoping that some praise won’t jinx them. I don’t want to see Tech continue with this one inning per game batting wonders thing though, because you can’t count on it. We need to threaten and score repeatedly throughout each game. It tends to work out better and of course it puts more pressure on the opponent’s pitching and defense.

Tech is capable of being a very good team if each player contributes and plays up to their potential.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    May go 0-2 vs Sam Houston
    I guess they proved you wrong. Their RPI jumped all the way up to 14 after the one win, too. Way above Arkansas and LSPoo.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    I guess they proved you wrong. Their RPI jumped all the way up to 14 after the one win, too. Way above Arkansas and LSPoo.
    Wrong about what?

My implication was that Sam Houston is a great team. They are very good. We had really good starting pitching and one good offensive inning. Our coach will eventually cost us enough games to upset the baseball fans, but not our AD.

BTW, RPI means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING at this point.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Wrong about what?

My implication was that Sam Houston is a great team. They are very good. We had really good starting pitching and one good offensive inning. Our coach will eventually cost us enough games to upset the baseball fans, but not our AD.

Try as you might, there is no denying what you wrote in your original post.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    Try as you might, there is no denying what you wrote in your original post.
    Try what? I said we may go 0-2.

I did not say we WOULD go 0-2.

You have me confused with some of the naysayers who apply football logic to baseball. I've never done that.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Wrong about what?

Wouldn't say RPI means nothing now, but it doesn't mean as much as it will in about three more weeks.

But where would you rather have Tech's RPI now? At #20 with a #32 SOS where Tech is or where USM is at #161 with a #203 SOS?

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Wouldn't say RPI means nothing now, but it doesn't mean as much as it will in about three more weeks.

But where would you rather have Tech's RPI now? At #20 with a #32 SOS where Tech is or where USM is at #161 with a #203 SOS?
    History has proven the last several weeks of RPI matter in baseball. We've experienced that over the past 3 years.

We are about to find out how good USM is. I'm not concerned or impressed with RPI at this point. SOS is inflated right now too.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

They took a loss in Lafayette last night...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    They took a loss in Lafayette last night...
    ....we need to make it a "bad week" for 'em...

+ Reply to Thread