+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Southern Miss @ the LoveShack

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Southern Miss @ the LoveShack

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I said earlier that by the 17th, we would know where we stand. The season is now over and there’s no hope for a regional. At least now we don’t go through the season with some hope only to have a season ending collapse. They went ahead and got that out of the way early.
    You mean the meaningless "35 wins" resume streak is in danger?

We were both right, but we said it in different ways.

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    A series sweep in the defeat column says it all for the Tech season, it’s all over except for playing it out. We are not even close to the same caliber of team as Southern Miss. It was men against boys in comparing their player baseball skills to ours. No question.

It’s also unmistakable how lacking our coaching is in the three major phases of the game. Burroughs can’t seem to lead the way, he can’t get the best effort from his players and he can’t change course when things aren’t on track.

Our pitching coach has to be awful because we’re actually getting worse as the season progresses. I’ve already commented in a previous post how poorly I think our pitch calling is. It’s as if we’re pitching conceding that we can’t risk challenging hitters. In other words we’re pitching afraid. I think that makes our pitchers very tentative. As a result we’re missing the zone and walking too many batters.

You can’t say much for our hitting either. Of the players on the team who can hit, they do often enough for themselves but not so much for the team if that makes sense. The rest aren’t that good really and what’s worse is that they’re not improving. For several who I won’t name they do the same thing every game, swing at the same get-you-out not a strike pitch. Surely our hitting coach know that so and so can’t hit a curve and they’re working on it, or that so and so can’t hit a high fastball and they’re working on not swinging at it, or that a couple of so and sos can’t hit off speed pitching and dare I say they’re working on it.

At this point in the season seeing what I’m seeing if things don’t change in a significant way I’d be inclined to at least see some assistant coaches changes for next year and maybe even Burroughs depending on how bad things end up.

Right now after a bottom of the barrel conference opening weekend I have a really bad feeling how this season is going to go. I still can’t quite believe how easily we were beaten with so much to be gained this weekend.
    I was scoffed at commenting on another thread that one thing recruits look at, among others, is crowd and campus game day atmosphere. I have personally attended games at USM and they are light years ahead of us which has a bearing on the difference in our talent levels. We can blame presidents, athletic directors, coaches, janitors, umpires, etc but the abilities of our athletes are definitely a factor.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    I was scoffed at commenting on another thread that one thing recruits look at, among others, is crowd and campus game day atmosphere. I have personally attended games at USM and they are light years ahead of us which has a bearing on the difference in our talent levels. We can blame presidents, athletic directors, coaches, janitors, umpires, etc but the abilities of our athletes are definitely a factor.
    How do you fix it? Identifying the problems is the easy part. We have a real problem in all sports....we need better players. Recruits look at the game day experience, fans do as well....What are some possible solutions?

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    How do you fix it? Identifying the problems is the easy part. We have a real problem in all sports....we need better players. Recruits look at the game day experience, fans do as well....What are some possible solutions?
    Hire a competent AD to start with. Finding the solutions is what they get paid to do.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

It's mental. LA Tech has a very real mental block about USM. Just name the sport, and you'll see Tech losing to USM.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

We suck at all sports - that is for sure now

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    I wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Hire a competent AD to start with. Finding the solutions is what they get paid to do.
    Oh. Right.

Softball and soccer are literally the only sports worth a damn at Tech right now, and probably because TMac can't hobnob with anyone at those games so he doesn't know they exist and therefore can't screw them up. Heaven help the girls if he finds out.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    I was scoffed at commenting on another thread that one thing recruits look at, among others, is crowd and campus game day atmosphere. I have personally attended games at USM and they are light years ahead of us which has a bearing on the difference in our talent levels. We can blame presidents, athletic directors, coaches, janitors, umpires, etc but the abilities of our athletes are definitel a factor.
    I have personally attended many games at USM. I'd tend to agree in football, but not in baseball. They have obnoxious fans who don't even understand the game (very much like LaLaff fans), but their stadium sucks. NOTHING to be impressed about regarding baseball at USM other than coaching and recruiting.

I don't know who you are, but you consistently suck up to our failure of an AD and his admin.. You often talk about things that have obviously been spoon fed to you and you as a snowflake dumbass seem to absorb all the BS.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Sadly, I felt similar to I feel when I go to Tech football games...felt like I was at the library. Very little fan engagement outside of cheering for good plays. The attitude of the majority of our fans is part of our game-day issues.

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Sadly, I felt similar to I feel when I go to Tech football games...felt like I was at the library. Very little fan engagement outside of cheering for good plays. The attitude of the majority of our fans is part of our game-day issues.
    We do more with less...

Puppy TexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the rough

As a former tech baseball player and fellow tech fan it's very discouraging to read the comments posted on BBB. Extreme lack of support and always negative comments directed to everybody from the water boy to the President himself. I was at all 3 games this weekend and saw a team that looked tired and outplayed in all phases of the game, but that doesn't mean I'm going to throw the towel in and say we suck and we will never win a conference championship. Bad attitude and terrible way to look at the situation. As I have said about Skip I say the same about LB, if its his job and him getting fired is always a pending thought do you not think he would put the best guys on the field and do all he can to win? instead of continuing to bitch and moan about every game how about you show up to the game and support the school that you hold so high and put positive comments on the forum.

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by TexasDawg8 View Post
    As a former tech baseball player and fellow tech fan it's very discouraging to read the comments posted on BBB. Extreme lack of support and always negative comments directed to everybody from the water boy to the President himself. I was at all 3 games this weekend and saw a team that looked tired and outplayed in all phases of the game, but that doesn't mean I'm going to throw the towel in and say we suck and we will never win a conference championship. Bad attitude and terrible way to look at the situation. As I have said about Skip I say the same about LB, if its his job and him getting fired is always a pending thought do you not think he would put the best guys on the field and do all he can to win? instead of continuing to bitch and moan about every game how about you show up to the game and support the school that you hold so high and put positive comments on the forum.
    Most sensible post of the century.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

if its his job and him getting fired is always a pending thought do you not think he would put the best guys on the field and do all he can to win?
    When there is no expectation of success and no penalty for failure, mediocrity is what you get.

Which is why Tech will never be great.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    That's exactly how I feel about it now. We've become cellar dwellers.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

When was the last time Tech won a significant conference championship? Probably too long to say without doing a search to find out. That says it a lot.

As for Tech baseball don’t be too quick to dismiss history repeating itself because it’s more likely to do that than anything else especially when the powers at be aren’t pushed to do more. It hasn’t been all that long ago when Tech suffered miserably for far too many years under Simoneaux. If we aren’t careful Tech fans will find ourselves there once again.

It’s easy to suck, just relax and it’ll happen naturally.

Most businesses and bosses don’t accept mediocrity and complacency and there’s no reason why a season holding Tech ticket holder and sponsor should either. If I’m paying for this product and investing my time in it then I expect an invested effort on the team’s part and a quality product.

+ Reply to Thread