+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 3/14 vs. ODU - Quarterfinals (Frisco, TX)

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: 3/14 vs. ODU - Quarterfinals (Frisco, TX)

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    We are stuck with the southland a.d., too. I mean, like, who the hell would hire him away ??
    I still can’t understand why anyone would hire him? He is from a small school, worked at a small school, and has no vision for how to do anything but try to bring us down to that level. He is doing a bang up job and doing that though.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I still can’t understand why anyone would hire him? He is from a small school, worked at a small school, and has no vision for how to do anything but try to bring us down to that level. He is doing a bang up job and doing that though.
    Hum, maybe he is kin to a low level politician who worships lsu? Nah, probably just an unfounded rumor....

Varsity Bulldog tech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of light tech_dawg_fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    There are times when going to a "pay-to-play" postseason tournament might make sense. I don't see any positives to Tech for doing so this year, so I hope they don't.
    Can I ask why? I understand being pissed off about last night, I certainly still am. But we theoretically return 100% of this team. Of our 8 man rotation we have 4 Juniors (two it was their first year in Div 1 basketball), 3 Sophomores, and 1 True Freshman (that I personally think needed to RS). Wouldn't we want them to get more practices and more actual game experience? The years with McCree and Hamilton as seniors would qualify as years that I don't think we should have gone to a lower tier tournament. Marhsall is going to the CIT, IMO that makes significantly less sense. Elmore and Burks were a majority of their production, and both of these players will be gone. I think they are just trying to let Elmore get more game(s) to try and break the Marshall all time point record.

Varsity Bulldog tech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of light tech_dawg_fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    After Wednesday night I actually thought we might actually be a team who can be a closer and use that momentum all the way to the NCAAs. Then, we got down to 3.3 seconds and showed we can't.
    What's the difference between Wednesday and Thursday? The one who was directing play as the clock was counting down. I don't mind DayDay taking that last shot, but Archibald should be the one doing the ball handling in these critical situations. He usually makes those FT's, and he is less likely to make a reckless drive down the lane that is stuffed by good interior defensive teams like ODU. DayDay makes absolutely insane drives every game, and I don't want him to stop either. There are times, however, when Archibald's vision and play makes more sense.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech_dawg_fan View Post
    Can I ask why? I understand being pissed off about last night, I certainly still am. But we theoretically return 100% of this team. Of our 8 man rotation we have 4 Juniors (two it was their first year in Div 1 basketball), 3 Sophomores, and 1 True Freshman (that I personally think needed to RS). Wouldn't we want them to get more practices and more actual game experience? The years with McCree and Hamilton as seniors would qualify as years that I don't think we should have gone to a lower tier tournament. Marhsall is going to the CIT, IMO that makes significantly less sense. Elmore and Burks were a majority of their production, and both of these players will be gone. I think they are just trying to let Elmore get more game(s) to try and break the Marshall all time point record.
    If we had a 1st year coach and almost all sophomores and freshmen, I'd be all in for going to "any" postseason tournament. I don't know if more practice and more games would help unless there was a concerted effort to get more playing time for Thomas and Langston. I'm not sure McKinley is equipped to play at the pace required for Division I. Walters is a walk-on freshman so it is hard to tell what he might be capable of. Some sessions with a sports psychologist might be helpful for the issues the team has been having with making free throws. That's just my thoughts, but I'm no expert in these things. I'd certainly cheer them on if they go to a tournament.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by tech_dawg_fan View Post
    Cause we had the overseas trip this summer -

I would rather spend the money on an overseas trip next year than throw $50k away in a meaningless tourney with a very thin roster
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog dawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her game

I would rather see Tech start a dedicated fund with proceeds used to schedule better home non-conference basketball games and take the the revenue above what we would get from the typical November/December non-conference game over the past couple of years and reinvest it back into the fund to continuously upgrade our non-conference home schedule. There’s no way we are going to improve attendance until we start 1) scheduling smarter (dates and times) 2) with opponents the casual fans care to see, 3) improve marketing, and 4) improve the game day experience.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg88 View Post
    I would rather see Tech start a dedicated fund with proceeds used to schedule better home non-conference basketball games and take the the revenue above what we would get from the typical November/December non-conference game over the past couple of years and reinvest it back into the fund to continuously upgrade our non-conference home schedule. There’s no way we are going to improve attendance until we start 1) scheduling smarter (dates and times) 2) with opponents the casual fans care to see, 3) improve marketing, and 4) improve the game day experience.
    You do know that $50k gets you basically nothing in guarantee games at the D1 level for basketball - mid level SWAC at best...

I would rather use it one summer trips every other year

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    You do know that $50k gets you basically nothing in guarantee games at the D1 level for basketball - mid level SWAC at best...

I would rather use it one summer trips every other year
    Has the rule changed? I had been limited to one every 4 years.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Attendance felt* better this year, to me. Or maybe they were just louder.

Varsity Bulldog dawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her game

Yes, I realize it would take more than $50k, but have we considered starting a fund and asking for funds from our corporate base? If we can figure out how to get a true 5,000 crowd as opposed to 1,200, maybe we have a product that businesses would feel like investing in from a pure marketing opportunity as opposed to loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Has the rule changed? I had been limited to one every 4 years.
    Maybe

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Conf Cusa LA Tech Falls in Heartbreaker

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech had its heart broken again by Old Dominion, falling 57-56 in the C-USA Tournament Quarterfinals on Thursday night inside The Star.

More...

Discuss it here.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Why must NewsBot hurt me like this

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

More News from the LA Tech NewsBot:

+ Reply to Thread