+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mid Tenn Series

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Re: Mid Tenn Series

Start with STOP STRIKING OUT SO MUCH
    MT is having a HR derby & we are piling up the Ks again today.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

A series win on the road is always good. I'll take it.

Miller looked the best he has all year on Friday.

Bailey is still not himself on Sunday. Still a good win.

We can't afford to lose anymore home series and next weekend we play our other Daddy.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Dawgs win 10-5. Take the series. Needed that.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

One of our various Daddies and unquestionably the conference’s favorite son. It won’t be easy to win the series or sweep it, but it has to be done.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I’ve heard it said repeatedly that Sunday’s are all about toughness. Well we’ll see if that’s caught on yet based on our very hurtful loss last Sunday. I’m wondering if toughness really matters when certain skills within the team are so lacking. I’m also wondering since I haven’t heard it said yet that I can remember what our head coach says about coaching and what it takes on their part to succeed. It is ultimately supposed to be the coaches who lead the way right?
    Either you wrote this or someone is stalking this board. https://www.facebook.com/LATechBSB/posts/1040273306174042

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    35 wins is "significant" only because we didn't reach 36 wins. It's as meaningless as 20 wins is in MBB, but our AD thinks it helps his resume, so whatever...

IMO 30 wins is significant when a team has been struggling for years but certainly not a yearly goal. 40 wins should be the goal along with the conference championship and a regional appearance. We've only accomplished two of those in the last 4 years. Anything less than 40 and/or a regional is a fail by our HC.
    Agree 100%. We had the ball rolling under Goff, but lately the program has been headed in the wrong direction. I long for the days of another series like the home sweep of Rice that sealed a Regional bid. I have my doubts that I'll see it any time soon.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

A sweep next weekend is needed to get us back in the hunt. However as long as we win the next 8 series we will be at top of conference likely behind the Secretariat of CUSA baseball - USM. Second place with 33-35 wins will only get us a 2nd seed in the tourney. Will still have to win the tourney to advance. Maybe we get Leal and Wells back soon ???

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Agree 100%. We had the ball rolling under Goff, but lately the program has been headed in the wrong direction. I long for the days of another series like the home sweep of Rice that sealed a Regional bid. I have my doubts that I'll see it any time soon.
    A good AD would have a good marketing department, which would mean more fans in the stands and more inspired players. UGHHH.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Tech always seems to find itself in ‘restart moments.’ Here we are again needing to follow-up a Sunday win with a should win / must win important mid-week game before an all important weekend home series. The Dawgs need to put this spotty play behind and start putting together a series ongoing winning streak.

I’d like to see Burroughs field his best team and go with it. Surely he knows by now who needs to be on the field. I’m concerned all this bumper car subbing is only serving to keep our players off balance and be counterproductive to the core of the team expanding to include more of the right guys.

I want to see Tech win the next 9 in a row, before they catch a breath to keep it going from there.

+ Reply to Thread