+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2019 C-USA Baseball Standings

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: 2019 C-USA Baseball Standings

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Did you play fast pitch, modified, or slow pitch SOFTBALL?
    Not familiar with modified. I played one, abbreviated season of fast pitch, recruited when three members of that team were involved in a car wreck and couldn't finish the season. Mostly I played a lot of slow pitch. It was fun! I usually played right center (most leagues play 10 in the field, 4 outfielders). I did play some infield at times too.

Like I said, even in slow pitch, the basic fundamentals are the same. Three bases, three outs per inning, still requires you to use a glove, field the ball, throw it to the right bases, or cut-offs. Tactics are the same as MLB. Get the outs when protecting a nice lead. You know BASIC FUNDAMENTALS. Or...maybe you don't know.

Varsity Bulldog rlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to behold

Man this conversation is petty and dumb. We should switch it up to how the dawgs are in nice position to make a run in the tourney. Very nice draw in my opinion. Our best chance in a while to go 2-0 in the first two days.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rlirette View Post
    Man this conversation is petty and dumb. We should switch it up to how the dawgs are in nice position to make a run in the tourney. Very nice draw in my opinion. Our best chance in a while to go 2-0 in the first two days.
    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Discussion of softball in a baseball thread...

Only two guys who think WBB is a relevant sport would do that.
    I Agree

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Make a nice run? Yep! provided they play basic fundamental baseball...which is not too different than the fundamentals in softball.

Varsity Bulldog rlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Make a nice run? Yep! provided they play basic fundamental baseball...which is not too different than the fundamentals in softball.
    Sure

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

If we win game 1, we will be facing a team we are 0 for 3 against this year in either Rice or Southern Miss. I guess when you look at it like that, maybe we are due a win. I hope it’s Rice. At least we have shown we can beat them in clutch situations in the past. Southern Miss not so much.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    In my opinion Miller has earned the tournament start so I’d go with him. Everybody hits , no coaching blunders running the bases into unforced outs, error free defense and the Dawgs will be 1-0. We absolutely have to begin with a win.
    Matt has earned the start for sure. If he can give us 6+ good innings, I feel like our bats can score enough against Marshall to get the W.

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    If we win game 1, we will be facing a team we are 0 for 3 against this year in either Rice or Southern Miss. I guess when you look at it like that, maybe we are due a win. I hope it’s Rice. At least we have shown we can beat them in clutch situations in the past. Southern Miss not so much.
    Well my thought process was that leal would be pitching against them, and he didn’t get rocked by them in the weekend series. He also didn’t pitch against rice either. Basically Leal is our most dominant pitcher and I like our chances against anybody with him throwing.

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Matt has earned the start for sure. If he can give us 6+ good innings, I feel like our bats can score enough against Marshall to get the W.
    I agree with Matt in the first game as well. He’ll be the freshest and has been the most consistent all year. Plus he’s the heart of this team and will be locked in with this potentially being his last game.

+ Reply to Thread