+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2019 C-USA Baseball Standings

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: 2019 C-USA Baseball Standings

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    0-2 here we come, yeah baby!!!

...but I hope not. Surely we can beat Marshall, er, right?
    We took care of Marshall 2-1 in Ruston. USM has struggled down the stretch.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rlirette View Post
    Everybody is going to be out there for 9 AM RIGHT?
    I know it's early, but he 9am start is the best for us if there is any weather delays and/or extra inning games. We won't be waiting around for other games to finish.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

In my opinion Miller has earned the tournament start so I’d go with him. Everybody hits , no coaching blunders running the bases into unforced outs, error free defense and the Dawgs will be 1-0. We absolutely have to begin with a win.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Gotta score runs. - just that simple. Our pitching over the last month has been competitive apart from ODU series. Our run production other than the LSU game has hovered around 3-4 runs per game. That will need to be around 6 to have a chance to win tournament. Our 6-9 hole hitters have not been very productive down the stretch even against LSU 10/14 hits were from top 5 in lineup.
    A hot offense can even survive the losing bracket path. We really need to win game one with Miller & have Leal for the second round against likely USM. From there it’s all hands on deck.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Coaching stupidity...

happened to catch the last inning of the Notre Dame-Wisconsin softball playoff game last night. ND led 4-0 with Wis batting in the bottom of the 7th, last 3 outs. The ND starter was visibly tired, their bullpen was active, two relievers warming up. She had pitched a great game to that point. AND!!! at that point, if you're ND you gladly exchange 3 runs for 3 outs! Just finish it off. But....nope!!! ND, I assume because of coaching decisions, decided to give Wis 5 outs. Led to a two-out 3-run HR, Wis won 5-4.

Whoever that ND coach is should be readily dismissed, and go back to the little leagues to learn Baseball (softball) Coaching 101. STUPID!!!!!!!!!

I post this here as a reminder of what the Diamond Dawgs have to overcome...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    We took care of Marshall 2-1 in Ruston. USM has struggled down the stretch.
    Unfortunately we all know USM could be on a 20-game losing streak, and...well, you know.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Speaking of Wisconsin softball....that team is weird. Wisconsin's left fielder dropped an easy pop fly out yesterday against OU. Just plump. She was a little worried about the fence, but it ultimately did not come into play. She just dropped it.

You don't see that very often at the college level.

Later, in the same game, I saw one of the weirdest plays I've ever seen in softball/baseball. OU has the bases loaded, and their batter hits a fast one right back to the pitcher. Instead of throwing the ball to 3rd base for the easy out (runner was off bag), the pitcher throws it to the catcher (big mistake) instead. The catcher then runs down the 3rd base line and fails to make the tag or to throw it to the 3rd baseman to make the tag in the 3rd base runner. Meanwhile the runner that was on 2nd base was already standing on 3rd base, and the 1st base runner on 2nd. At one point, the 2nd base runner and the 3rd base runner are standing within 3 feet of each other around 3rd base. And despite all this, all 3 OU base-runners ran back to their previous posts and all made it safely.

I know.....it's hard to follow what I just wrote. But the play was just that big of a screwup. And the Wisconsin girls on defense acted like they didn't have a clue what to do with the ball in live play. OU won that one 4-0 (I think).

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Discussion of softball in a baseball thread...

Only two guys who think WBB is a relevant sport would do that.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I know it's early, but he 9am start is the best for us if there is any weather delays and/or extra inning games. We won't be

waiting around for other games to finish.
    I agree. Not many fans can make the 1st game anyway. Things look good weather wise so far...https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USMS0033:1:US

Varsity Bulldog rlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to behold

Real fans will be out there

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Discussion of softball in a baseball thread...

Only two guys who think WBB is a relevant sport would do that.
    I know it's confusing for some, but the fundamentals in baseball and softball are the same. I have played both.

I know it's confusing for some, but the fundamentals in baseball and softball are the same. I have played both.
    ...says the guy who thinks WBB and MBB are fundamentally the same.

Not even close, but you have shown you don't know much about baseball fundamentals.

Weak...

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Y’all are lame.

Go dawgs

Did you play fast pitch, modified, or slow pitch SOFTBALL?

+ Reply to Thread