+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Summitt Assistant Coach to Wife

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Re: Tyler Summitt Assistant Coach to Wife

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    And Benedict Arnold was a brilliant general...he was 4-0 vs. the British in battles when he was in command. And then, due to his ultra ego, he stabbed our nation in the back. Taken as a whole there is nothing prominent or positive about Arnold.

And then there is pigtails...I loved how she got screwed on that no-call in her loss to UCONN. Loved it! And then, to boot, with all the talk about how the Baylor-UCONN game should have been a Final Four, if not the championship game, Arizona sent that nonsense to the trash heap too! LOL!
    It is so easy to jerk your warped chain! Oh, and you usually throw in Hitler along with Benedict Arnold when Kim Mulkey is mentioned. What happened?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    It is so easy to jerk your warped chain! Oh, and you usually throw in Hitler along with Benedict Arnold when Kim Mulkey is mentioned. What happened?
    Hitler = pigtails hmmmm...I don't recall ever using that comparison. But, I like how you think. That relationship needs to be explored.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Everything that I have read on this thread, I think, could lead one to believe that Tyler Summit divorced his first wife. I seriously doubt that. She probably kicked his butt out, and she should have. She left the relationship with her honor intact. Notice how carefully he says that no child resulted from his and Brooke's affair. I do not recall where he said no pregnancy resulted from same affair. Hmmmm! A lifetime endowment of $173,000 per year solves a world of problems when you are very ill equipped to step out into the cruel world on your own in search of similar results. Certainly frees one up to spew forth a lot of ideals. And, as an only child, he probably inherited all of Pat's assets. Just think--if he would have played by the rules and made the most of the opportunity given to him by Louisiana Tech where he might be today--guilt free.

The history of the Lady Techsters is filled with multitudes of talented and honorable personalities. Then there is Tyler Summit.

P. S. One of the most prominent personalities is Kim Mulkey. Much to the chagrin of dawg80, she just keeps piling on the positive publicity for the Techsters.
    I feel so bad for AnDee.

I guess the moral of the story is that fame corrupts. Also, don't dip your pen in the company ink.

I did think I read a story a while ago about Pumroy that said she was not pregnant as a result of the affair. But I wouldn't put it past Summitt at that time to do what was necessary to protect his "good Christian boy" image. I hope he finds forgiveness.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Hitler = pigtails hmmmm...I don't recall ever using that comparison. But, I like how you think. That relationship needs to be explored.
    Oh, you did it big boy--right here on BBB. It made insanely less sense than your Benedict Arnold analogy does which is zero. The only person that betrayed Tech was Dan Reneau. So you like how I think. I think Kim did a superb job of negotiating with Reneau. She ate his lunch, and as a result, she has achieved most, if not all of her career goals. She has proven that when women's basketball coaches are discussed, she deserves to be mentioned among the very best. Dan Reneau should be remembered for having made the worst decision in Tech sports history.

Oh, you did it big boy--right here on BBB. It made insanely less sense than your Benedict Arnold analogy does which is zero. The only person that betrayed Tech was Dan Reneau. So you like how I think. I think Kim did a superb job of negotiating with Reneau. She ate his lunch, and as a result, she has achieved most, if not all of her career goals. She has proven that when women's basketball coaches are discussed, she deserves to be mentioned among the very best. Dan Reneau should be remembered for having made the worst decision in Tech sports history.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Thank you Ms. Pigtails....

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I am on both sides of this.
    1 - I can't stand Pigtails. She has all the talent in the world, but we all know she could have stayed at Tech. We couldn't give her a 5 year contract, but the real issue was she was nervous about taking on the tradition of the Lady Techsters and it was easier to take her chances building a Baylor program that was at the very bottom. She had the talent all along to keep the Lady Techsters at the top, but didn't. Plus, she blamed it on something else.
    2 - As for Tyler Summit, what he did was SO wrong. No, he did not rape anyone, like some of the facts that came out of the Baylor program. And, what he did was not equivalent to lsu either. He and a player had an affair and ended up marrying each other. They were just a couple of years apart in age and we should have never hired him at such a young age. At the time, I was not against it - but it was not the right move. I hope his former wife continues to build her life and I hope he starts over building his and his wife's life together. I wish him no harm.
    3 - A cover-up is a cover-up. No, the ones mentioned above are not equal, but they are still cover-ups. Our AD should have been fired, if he knew - and it sounds like he did. A coach or teacher has power over a student and it is an unequal relationship. It sounds like they fell in love, but who really knows. There certainly wasn't rape.

I don't follow Baylor, because I am a Tech fan all the way through. Some think of Baylor as an extension of Louisiana Tech with Kim there. IT IS NOT. They are a P5 school with loads of money. She does not represent Tech in any way, except for the fact that she played for us and was an Assistant to Barmore. For that I am grateful - the same as I am grateful for T-Spoon (not a great coach) or any other player that was a star and/or is a great coach from Louisiana Tech. Kim killed Tech in the media, though, so I don't care to watch her coach.

This is just my opinion and those that do follow her, that is fine with me. I am just hoping OUR program can get back on solid ground.

Good post Champ.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Good post Champ.
    Yes it was.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    1 - I can't stand Pigtails. She has all the talent in the world, but we all know she could have stayed at Tech. We couldn't give her a 5 year contract, but the real issue was she was nervous about taking on the tradition of the Lady Techsters and it was easier to take her chances building a Baylor program that was at the very bottom. She had the talent all along to keep the Lady Techsters at the top, but didn't. Plus, she blamed it on something else.
    2 - As for Tyler Summit, what he did was SO wrong. No, he did not rape anyone, like some of the facts that came out of the Baylor program. And, what he did was not equivalent to lsu either. He and a player had an affair and ended up marrying each other. They were just a couple of years apart in age and we should have never hired him at such a young age. At the time, I was not against it - but it was not the right move. I hope his former wife continues to build her life and I hope he starts over building his and his wife's life together. I wish him no harm.
    3 - A cover-up is a cover-up. No, the ones mentioned above are not equal, but they are still cover-ups. Our AD should have been fired, if he knew - and it sounds like he did. A coach or teacher has power over a student and it is an unequal relationship. It sounds like they fell in love, but who really knows. There certainly wasn't rape.

I don't follow Baylor, because I am a Tech fan all the way through. Some think of Baylor as an extension of Louisiana Tech with Kim there. IT IS NOT. They are a P5 school with loads of money. She does not represent Tech in any way, except for the fact that she played for us and was an Assistant to Barmore. For that I am grateful - the same as I am grateful for T-Spoon (not a great coach) or any other player that was a star and/or is a great coach from Louisiana Tech. Kim killed Tech in the media, though, so I don't care to watch her coach.

This is just my opinion and those that do follow her, that is fine with me. I am just hoping OUR program can get back on solid ground.

Tyler Summit may not have "raped" anyone, but make no mistake that he was clearly guilty of sexual harassment, if not much worse. Summit was clearly in a position of authority, hired by this university to oversee a group of young women. Talk about putting the fox in the henhouse! I laugh when some Tech fans try to brush off Summit's antics by saying, "well it was between consenting adults". You even tried to minimize the infractions in your last post above by saying, "he and a player had an affair, and ended up marrying each other". Almost as if to imply that everything is okay now, because they eventually married. Are you kidding? Please explain how one "consents" to a sexual affair when the person she is consenting to is a person in power who holds all the authority over them?

That's the root definition of sexual harassment.

This is very similar to what LSU is being accused of right now in BR, except their coaches apparently didn't have physical sexual contact with any of the students. (At least I haven't read that that's the case.) LSU's offenses apparently involved non-sexual contact between LSU's student workers and coaches. From what I've read, there's no actual evidence of physical sexual contact between an LSU student and Les Miles --or any other coaches-- that I'm aware of. The accusations against Miles appear to be more related to how he rudely communicated with others, talking too roughly to them, etc... In our case, it's much worse, because there WAS actual physical sexual contact between a faculty member (a coach), and a student. And now we're learning that apparently our former AD (and other officials) knew about it at least 6 months in advance of disclosure.

Baylor's infractions were totally different in that they involved student on student crime (or rape), which apparently wasn't reported properly by the school AD, school prez and/or other authorities. But the Summit case, involved direct physical sexual contact between an authority figure hired by the university and a student.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Tyler Summit may not have "raped" anyone, but make no mistake that he was clearly guilty of sexual harassment, if not much worse. Summit was clearly in a position of authority, hired by this university to oversee a group of young women. Talk about putting the fox in the henhouse! I laugh when some Tech fans try to brush off Summit's antics by saying, "well it was between consenting adults". You even tried to minimize the infractions in your last post above by saying, "he and a player had an affair, and ended up marrying each other". Almost as if to imply that everything is okay now, because they eventually married. Are you kidding? Please explain how one "consents" to a sexual affair when the person she is consenting to is a person in power who holds all the authority over them?

This is very similar to what LSU is being accused of right now in BR, except their coaches apparently didn't have physical sexual contact with any of the students. (At least I haven't read that that's the case.) LSU's offenses apparently involved non-sexual contact between LSU's student workers and coaches. From what I've read, there's no actual evidence of physical sexual contact between an LSU student and Les Miles --or any other coaches-- that I'm aware of. The accusations against Miles appear to be more related to how he rudely communicated with others, talking too roughly to them, etc... In our case, it's much worse, because there WAS actual physical sexual contact between a faculty member (a coach), and a student. And now we're learning that apparently our former AD (and other officials) knew about it at least 6 months in advance of disclosure.

Baylor's infractions were totally different in that they involved student on student crime (or rape), which apparently wasn't reported properly by the school AD, school prez and/or other authorities. But the Summit case, involved direct physical sexual contact between an authority figure hired by the university and a student.
    AND TYLER SUMMIT WAS MARRIED. If a man's wife can't trust him then nobody can trust him.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I excused his actions at all. I was drawing the difference in that and rape. Summit was wrong and I even called out a cover up.

I don't think I excused his actions at all. I was drawing the difference in that and rape. Summit was wrong and I even called out a cover up.
    You behaved in your usual way. You attempted to find something positive where there was nothing positive to be found. Champion 110, there is no way to pick up a turd by its clean end.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

This is correct.

Any business field out there will tell you don’t go having consensual affairs with your secretary. It’s a dismissible offense.

Ethics is something it seems like a lot of people struggle with today.

But everyone is conveniently MISSING the nuclear bomb in the middle of the article.

TMac KNEW about the affair and did nothing.

This is serious. I’m sure a ton of people want this to just go away, but this information makes me question our own athletic integrity.

As DFW would say whistle while you walk past the graveyard, because Tech is having its own fair share of questionable moral decision making.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I agree 100% Gary!

+ Reply to Thread