+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reminder of Pistol Pete

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Reminder of Pistol Pete

The uva guard reminds me of Maravich. His one handed leanersand soft touch. Less flash, but same ability to get a shot off and make it. Any other old timers see the resemblance?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Reminder of Pistol Pete

Pistol was awesome! One of the best players in basketball history.

Crazy ending to that game last night. Old coaching mantra: NEVER foul a 3-point shooter! Well...there ya go!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Pistol was awesome! One of the best players in basketball history.

Crazy ending to that game last night. Old coaching mantra: NEVER foul a 3-point shooter! Well...there ya go!
    A Pistol Pete and three pointer reference in the same post...

As you know, had three pointers been a thing back in the day, there would be no argument about him being the greatest ever college basketball player.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    A Pistol Pete and three pointer reference in the same post...

As you know, had three pointers been a thing back in the day, there would be no argument about him being the greatest ever college basketball player.
    Dale Brown charted Pistol Pete's shots his senior season and his average of 44 points per game would have approached 57 per game under today's 3-pt rules.

The summer after my senior year in high school (1971), all the high school and college players in Baton Rouge would meet a the YMCA for pick up games. Pete showed up one time and I got to play against him. I thought I was an OK player; it was a very humbling experience.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Dale Brown charted Pistol Pete's shots his senior season and his average of 44 points per game would have approached 57 per game under today's 3-pt rules.

The summer after my senior year in high school (1971), all the high school and college players in Baton Rouge would meet a the YMCA for pick up games. Pete showed up one time and I got to play against him. I thought I was an OK player; it was a very humbling experience.
    Pistol would come to the Metairie Y and play pick-up games during the off-season and even when the Jazz were at home during the season. Played many, many hours of hoops with Pistol, and some other guys who were very good. Some other former college players and one guy Pistol brought with him one time, a former NBA player.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post

I would have paid good money to watch that.

+ Reply to Thread