+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I crazy for wanting to go to a Cubs game?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Am I crazy for wanting to go to a Cubs game?

I would love to hop the train in Jackson and head up to Chi-Town for a weekend game with my son. I have not been to a game there since high school. Just worried about the safety aspect of it all.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Am I crazy for wanting to go to a Cubs game?

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I would love to hop the train in Jackson and head up to Chi-Town for a weekend game with my son. I have not been to a game there since high school. Just worried about the safety aspect of it all.
    Do it man. It will be an unforgettable experience. Probably safer than going to New Orleans.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I looked at a 3 day weekend trip with my wife a couple of weeks ago. Plane and hotel would be around $1,150 round trip and tickets are about $100 each. Don't ever skip a chance to see major league baseball. There are some things kids never forget.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Do it man. It will be an unforgettable experience. Probably safer than going to New Orleans.
    I hate NOLA. I think he would get a kick out of the overnight train ride and going to Wrigley.

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    I looked at a 3 day weekend trip with my wife a couple of weeks ago. Plane and hotel would be around $1,150 round trip and tickets are about $100 each. Don't ever skip a chance to see major league baseball. There are some things kids never forget.
    That’s why I checked into the train. $300/person round trip. Without my wife and daughter, I would opt for that. With them, plane and hotel is better.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

St. Louis is closer but the train doesn't go through there. I see it's 490 miles from Jackson. I wouldn't have thought it was that far. Chicago would be more fun. The Cubs play in the ritzier north side. White Sox are south side boys. Of course the old stadium is real history and the Cubs seem to be fairly competitive now. When I was young before Houston had a team the closest was St. Louis. Our recreational department sponsored a trip every year. I never made that trip but the first year for Houston I went. Sat outside in the "temporary' Colt Stadium. Three years later made the first year in the Dome. By all means go.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

That’s why I checked into the train. $300/person round trip. Without my wife and daughter, I would opt for that. With them, plane and hotel is better.
    Do it. Just Do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    St. Louis is closer but the train doesn't go through there. I see it's 490 miles from Jackson. I wouldn't have thought it was that far. Chicago would be more fun. The Cubs play in the ritzier north side. White Sox are south side boys. Of course the old stadium is real history and the Cubs seem to be fairly competitive now. When I was young before Houston had a team the closest was St. Louis. Our recreational department sponsored a trip every year. I never made that trip but the first year for Houston I went. Sat outside in the "temporary' Colt Stadium. Three years later made the first year in the Dome. By all means go.
    We took my three boys to Busch Stadium three years ago and it was the best decision ever. Wrigley, Fenway and Yankee stadium get all the press, but there is just something about catching a game at Busch Stadium. I am life long Rangers fan but never had an experience at GlobeLife like We had there. Its a cathedral to the game and the fans are fantastic. All my boys fell in love with the Cards and the beg to go back.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    We took my three boys to Busch Stadium three years ago and it was the best decision ever. Wrigley, Fenway and Yankee stadium get all the press, but there is just something about catching a game at Busch Stadium. I am life long Rangers fan but never had an experience at GlobeLife like We had there. Its a cathedral to the game and the fans are fantastic. All my boys fell in love with the Cards and the beg to go back.
    Isn't this the new Busch Stadium? First there was Sportsman Park (shared with the Browns?) and then Busch I.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Is the Pope Catholic?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Of course go pro baseball anytime you can...first hit a MLB game and after that a MiLB game!

+ Reply to Thread