+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LA Tech Announces Additions to 2019 Signing Class - latechsports.com

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Re: LA Tech Announces Additions to 2019 Signing Class - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Honestly, I just thought he was a back at West Monroe. He's fast, but he didn't wow me. I thought the backs at Ouachita were better, and I thought the QB from Ruston was the best athlete in the district. (Full disclosure: Against us, all of the backs looked great because we were so slow on defense.)
    What did Chark decide to do? He is one I was hoping we would make room for somehow.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    What did Chark decide to do? He is one I was hoping we would make room for somehow.
    I think he decided to PWO at ULL, but I'm not positive about that. I'll check.

Checked with Coach Bachman: Chark is headed to ULM as a PWO.
    Last edited by theprofessor; 04-12-2019 at 06:53 PM.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Well that is disappointing. He would have been buried on the depth chart for a year or two here but he was really, really good. I wonder if we offered a PWO? I bet he turns into a stud at ulm in a couple of years under Kubik. He might have watched our OL block last year and said no thanks and I wouldn't blame him!

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Well that is disappointing. He would have been buried on the depth chart for a year or two here but he was really, really good. I wonder if we offered a PWO? I bet he turns into a stud at ulm in a couple of years under Kubik. He might have watched our OL block last year and said no thanks and I wouldn't blame him!
    We came to visit, but I don't think we offered a PWO spot. He's going to be a good player for ULM.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

How much longer do you think the V/Kubik regime lasts in Monroe? If they couldn't get it done last season with the rest of their division in rebuild mode, I have a hard time seeing that staff ever getting over the hump. ULM's best player just announced he's transferring out. TXST, ULL, and USA should only get better than what they have been over the last few years, and ArkSt isn't going away. Last year in Year 3 of V with the rest of the division in disarray was their window, and ULM let a mediocre 7-7 ULL team steal it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    How much longer do you think the V/Kubik regime lasts in Monroe? If they couldn't get it done last season with the rest of their division in rebuild mode, I have a hard time seeing that staff ever getting over the hump. ULM's best player just announced he's transferring out. TXST, ULL, and USA should only get better than what they have been over the last few years, and ArkSt isn't going away. Last year in Year 3 of V with the rest of the division in disarray was their window, and ULM let a mediocre 7-7 ULL team steal it away.
    Well it is ulm so the expectations are pretty low. They have no resources and who really cares about ulm football? 1,000 people maybe who don't buy season tickets and don't give to the program.

Bottom line and I think this has been on display at Tech for the last 5 years in major sports, it takes a good team to be successful. More than just coaches and players, starts with President, AD, Athletic staff and support staff- when any of those are missing it is near impossible to be successful at this level. ULM may not have any of the above but I think it is pretty clear Tech has all of the above. I know many of you don't agree with the AD aspect of that but we have had consistent winning programs as long as TM has been here and we now take that for granted. I can remember when we stunk at all the above for far too long and just let it ride.

+ Reply to Thread