+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weatherspoon Headed to Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Spoon to Hall of Fame

Congratulations to Spoon!

Congratulations to Teresa Weatherspoon who will be enshrined into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in September. Spoon joins Leon Barmore and Karl Malone as Louisiana Tech greats in the most prestigious basketball hall of fame.

https://www.facebook.com/LATechWBB/?...qjm5sEISvNChvU

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Spoon to Hall of Fame

Spoon!

Best player in Techster history. And, given our history of great players, that is saying something special.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Good for her and TECH!

Bulldog Tech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the rough Tech79's Avatar

Well deserved!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Spoon!

Best player in Techster history. And, given our history of great players, that is saying something special.
    Pam Kelly --the Lady Techsters only 3-time All-American (1980, '81 & '82)-- was the best player in Lady Techster history. She was an absolute beast on the boards. Very tough player. But I would rank Spoon #2 or #3 (with Janice Lawrence getting consideration too).

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Weatherspoon Headed to Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Former Louisiana Tech Kodak All-American and WNBA all-star Teresa Weatherspoon will be part of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Class of 2019 announced today in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the site of this year's NCAA Men's Final Four.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Pam Kelly --the Lady Techsters only 3-time All-American (1980, '81 & '82)-- was the best player in Lady Techster history. She was an absolute beast on the boards. Very tough player. But I would rank Spoon #2 or #3 (with Janice Lawrence getting consideration too).
    But, it's Spoon, not Pam Kelly, heading to the Hall of Fame. I'll stick with my opinion, thankyaverymuch.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    But, it's Spoon, not Pam Kelly, heading to the Hall of Fame. I'll stick with my opinion, thankyaverymuch.
    ........And you'd STILL be wrong. But then again, we're used to that.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Weatherspoon Headed to Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame

I would rank Pam Kelly as #1, as well. Spoon is #2... Thinking of those that played on those NC teams, it is hard to pick 2 or 3. We had a second team at one time that would have been national champions themselves. Angela Turner and Vicki Johnson come to mind, as well. Pam and Angela didn't have a chance to show what they could do in the WNBA, though. That is a shame. They were a few years too early.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I would rank Pam Kelly as #1, as well. Spoon is #2... Thinking of those that played on those NC teams, it is hard to pick 2 or 3. We had a second team at one time that would have been national champions themselves. Angela Turner and Vicki Johnson come to mind, as well. Pam and Angela didn't have a chance to show what they could do in the WNBA, though. That is a shame. They were a few years too early.
    Pam Kelly used to put the fear of God in her opponents under the basket. She OWNED THE PAINT out there! She was scary tough. That's exactly what we need now. Somebody that can OWN THE PAINT, and get some high percentage shots for us down low.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Pam Kelly used to put the fear of God in her opponents under the basket. She OWNED THE PAINT out there! She was scary tough. That's exactly what we need now. Somebody that can OWN THE PAINT, and get some high percentage shots for us down low.
    Totally agree! I don't know if there will ever be another Pam Kelly. She was a mixture of strength, talent, and pure will! I DO think that we can find a big post player that has the raw talent, though. Another Cheryl Ford would be fine with me.

+ Reply to Thread