+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tennessee fires Head Coach after going 172-67

Bulldog jycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the ears

Tennessee fires Head Coach after going 172-67

Quite amused to see that Tennessee has fired Holly Warlick after going 172-67 for the Lady Vols. I believe she had been to the NCAAs each year, but not advanced past the 2nd round for the last few. Now let's compare that to our program! We signed a head coach out of Northwestern St., has never been to the NCAAs, and certainly doesn't have a record like Warlick. Yet what do we do....... we EXTEND her contract! What a joke. Of course, we get what we deserve when we settle for a coach from SLC. Just shows how low our bar is and how far we are from even getting back to respectful.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tennessee fires Head Coach after going 172-67

Did you miss the hiring of Summit that took the WBB team to rock bottom and embarrassed our school? Brooke needs time to resurrect the team. A team can't be built in a couple of years after it was so far down. The AD that hired Summit should have been fired.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Warlick was earning $690,000 annually. Her contract calls for her to receive one-third of the salary remaining on her contract if she was fired without cause, equaling a buyout of about $710,000. The Lady Vols finished 19-13, marking their worst season in the NCAA Tournament era.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jycww View Post
    Quite amused to see that Tennessee has fired Holly Warlick after going 172-67 for the Lady Vols. I believe she had been to the NCAAs each year, but not advanced past the 2nd round for the last few. Now let's compare that to our program! We signed a head coach out of Northwestern St., has never been to the NCAAs, and certainly doesn't have a record like Warlick. Yet what do we do....... we EXTEND her contract! What a joke. Of course, we get what we deserve when we settle for a coach from SLC. Just shows how low our bar is and how far we are from even getting back to respectful.
    We didn't hire a coach.....we hired a baby sitter. After the Tyler Summit "ordeal", the Lady Techster program was on the edge of oblivion, and desperately needed a baby sitter to nurture the team back. That was fine for then....but we need a real coach now. Especially one that can recruit.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I think Brooke can coach. I don’t complaints about her coaching or game management.

I do question her ability to recruit the athletes we need.

Bulldog jycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the ears

DONW, No I didn't miss the hiring of Summit. Embarrassing to be sure. Here is what I did miss though.......... a nationwide search for another coach. I will never be convinced that the absolute best coach out there was an SLC coach from Northwestern St. There were many asst coaches available at the time from quality programs. However, our AD seems to love to pluck SLC coaches and bring them to Tech, with not so impressive results.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jycww View Post
    DONW, No I didn't miss the hiring of Summit. Embarrassing to be sure. Here is what I did miss though.......... a nationwide search for another coach. I will never be convinced that the absolute best coach out there was an SLC coach from Northwestern St. There were many asst coaches available at the time from quality programs. However, our AD seems to love to pluck SLC coaches and bring them to Tech, with not so impressive results.
    Well you know what they say.

If at first you don't succeed, you can always coach at Tech.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I think Brooke can coach. I don’t complaints about her coaching or game management.

I do question her ability to recruit the athletes we need.
    I agree with this. I love Brooke and think she can coach extremely well. We just have to figure out a way to get in the recruiting wars again. We are really missing that!!!!!

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Agree BUT we were where Tenn is at 20 years ago. Don’t think it matters who we hire now we have nothing to market to recruits that’s anywhere comparable to the top programs in the country - we have regressed too far
    However we should st least expect to be in the race for CUSA title ever year

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    Agree BUT we were where Tenn is at 20 years ago. Don’t think it matters who we hire now we have nothing to market to recruits that’s anywhere comparable to the top programs in the country - we have regressed too far
    However we should at least expect to be in the race for CUSA title ever year
    Certainly can't help when Tech doesn't offer full cost of attendance when schools it is competing with do.

At least some of the excessive money currently being paid to head coaches and administrators needs to be redirected there. And it is Tommy Boy's job to make sure fundraising pays for the rest. That's as much or more grounds for his firing than some of the bad head coaching hires.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Certainly can't help when Tech doesn't offer full cost of attendance when schools it is competing with do.

At least some of the excessive money currently being paid to head coaches and administrators needs to be redirected there. And it is Tommy Boy's job to make sure fundraising pays for the rest. That's as much or more grounds for his firing than some of the bad head coaching hires.
    This is a BIG deal - in all sports - much bigger than most of us are willing to concede -

We want to blame it on un-guaranteed asst coaches salaries and the like - but this one thing may be the vast majority of our issues
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I agree with this. I love Brooke and think she can coach extremely well. We just have to figure out a way to get in the recruiting wars again. We are really missing that!!!!!
    Extremely good coaches can take lesser talent and compete at a high level. Recruiting is part of the college game.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    This is a BIG deal - in all sports - much bigger than most of us are willing to concede -

We want to blame it on un-guaranteed asst coaches salaries and the like - but this one thing may be the vast majority of our issues
    Then we should FIX THE PROBLEM. If this is truly the excuse for poor recruiting, our HEAD coaches owe it to our administration --and our fan base-- to make it known loud and clear. We're not exactly asking people to split atoms here.

By the way, I don't agree with you on this one particular subject. We've always had an excuse for 1) poor recruiting, and 2) not scheduling attractive OOC teams in Ruston. The excuses never end. The only real problem solver we ever had in Ruston was Derek Dooley. He just refused to put up with it.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Then we should FIX THE PROBLEM. If this is truly the excuse for poor recruiting, our HEAD coaches owe it to our administration --and our fan base-- to make it known loud and clear. We're not exactly asking people to split atoms here.

By the way, I don't agree with you on this one particular subject. We've always had an excuse for 1) poor recruiting, and 2) not scheduling attractive OOC teams in Ruston. The excuses never end. The only real problem solver we ever had in Ruston was Derek Dooley. He just refused to put up with it.
    See I think in the past the excuses were a shitty blow off to the fanbase and really just disguised a lack of effort on some coaches/programs to get the kids/teams. I do think that the cost of attendance stipend is an actual problem for us this time. Most kids we recruit don't have ties to the school (family etc), so if I am being offered by two schools that are pretty much even I am going with the one that gives me the most money. So will most 18 years olds, especially is they are coming from a place where money may not be abundant to begin with.

I teach and I see this everyday from the academic scholarship and the athletic scholarship side.

+ Reply to Thread