+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tech at Vandy Nov. 21, 2020

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Re: Tech at Vandy Nov. 21, 2020

So, who will the OOC fourth opponent be? 2020 is about the time the Nackatrash Demons show back up on the schedule. We haven't seen Mississippi Valley in a long time.

I hope the AD doesn't give into temptation and schedule usl or nlu.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Vandy stadium holds less than 40,000.
    Yes, but don't they get the same amount of E$PN TV check each year as Alabama, LSU et al?

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Just looking up other area G5 teams are getting. I think we should have gotten over $1 Million from Vandy. They do get a lot of money from SEC and ESPN.
    Our future games against Texas, Clemson, NC State are $1.1 Million each. Comparing to what A-State is getting, we are some cheap hoes.

Arkansas State

2019 at Georgia ($1.8 M)
    2020 at Michigan ($1.8 M)
    2021 at Washington ($1.75 M)
    . . . And I venture to say Tech travels better (to Vandy than most G5s), which means more money spent in the P5 venue. Can we show a little more pride in our value please?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    So, who will the OOC fourth opponent be? 2020 is about the time the Nackatrash Demons show back up on the schedule. We haven't seen Mississippi Valley in a long time.

Keeping with the theme of Louisiana schools, we've recently had NWST, Southern, and now Grambling. 2021 we are hosting Southeastern LA.

I bet it's Nicholls State. They have openings, we have an open spot. Our Southland AD will make it happen.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Yes, but don't they get the same amount of E$PN TV check each year as Alabama, LSU et al?

. . . And I venture to say Tech travels better (to Vandy than most G5s), which means more money spent in the P5 venue. Can we show a little more pride in our value please?
    That is not how Tommy McClelland roll. We need to part ways with this horrible turd.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I can believe we don't have McNeese on the schedule. You'd think he'd still know somebody there.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post

You’re kidding right?

Have fun watching a Grambling/Southern/NSU or any other assortment of 1-AA schools.

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Just looking up other area G5 teams are getting. I think we should have gotten over $1 Million from Vandy. They do get a lot of money from SEC and ESPN.
    Our future games against Texas, Clemson, NC State are $1.1 Million each. Comparing to what A-State is getting, we are some cheap hoes.

Arkansas State

2019 at Georgia ($1.8 M)
    See olddog75's post above. They only have a 40,000 seat stadium and they only average around 31,000 paid attendance. They paid Nevada, but don't like to. They have home and home's scheduled with Northern Illinois, UNLV, Colorado State, Stanford, Houston, Wake Forest, Hawaii, Kansas State, Georgia State, NC State, and Purdue. I bet they said they'd love to play us home and home and we asked how much for a one night stand (which is the right decision). If Skip wanted a Top 10 football team to beat us and have more injuries than normal, we would be playing one of those teams that A-State has scheduled, but it seems we have taken ourselves out of the Elite team payday market.

Quote Originally Posted by zharkins View Post
    See olddog75's post above. They only have a 40,000 seat stadium and they only average around 31,000 paid attendance. They paid Nevada, but don't like to. They have home and home's scheduled with Northern Illinois, UNLV, Colorado State, Stanford, Houston, Wake Forest, Hawaii, Kansas State, Georgia State, NC State, and Purdue. I bet they said they'd love to play us home and home and we asked how much for a one night stand (which is the right decision). If Skip wanted a Top 10 football team to beat us and have more injuries than normal, we would be playing one of those teams that A-State has scheduled, but it seems we have taken ourselves out of the Elite team payday market.
    Clemson is a top 10 football team. Tommy low balled us.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Not even close. Shouldn't even be considering anything under $1.5M.
    LOL! Come on, guys......800K is probably the going rate for Vanderbilt. This is a winnable game for Tech. We're not talking about Ohio State here. If you want a $1.5M payday, we are going to have to go up against bigger boys than Vanderbilt.

What is Texas paying for this year's season opener?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Arkansas State

2019 at Georgia ($1.8 M)
    Apples vs Oranges. That's 3 definite losses (and injuries) for ASU. Vanderbilt is a legitimate potential P5 win for LA Tech. I'll take an 800K paycheck for a driveable P5 SEC road win every year. In fact, I like the idea of a home and home with Vanderbilt too, but that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Apples vs Oranges. That's 3 definite losses (and injuries) for ASU. Vanderbilt is a legitimate potential P5 win for LA Tech. I'll take an 800K paycheck for a driveable P5 SEC road win every year. In fact, I like the idea of a home and home with Vanderbilt too, but that's another story.
    I was commenting on our other nonconference games which are $1.1 M. I think we could of gotten more especially against Clemson.

I was commenting on our other nonconference games which are $1.1 M. I think we could of gotten more especially against Clemson.
    I would prefer to schedule 4 games against Vandy at 800K each vs being paid to get trampled once by Clemson for $1.5M.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    This is a winnable game for Tech.
    Are you expecting Skip to be gone by then?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Are you expecting Skip to be gone by then?
    No. But J'Mar Smith will be!

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    You’re kidding right?

Have fun watching a Grambling/Southern/NSU or any other assortment of 1-AA schools.
    I was being snarky, but I think NSU or another regional FCS team is what will occupy the fourth spot.

It would not surprise me if the AD wants to play Lafayette or Monroe, but realizes that it would effectively end his career at Tech if he tried it.

I staunchly believe that FBS teams should not play FCS teams (or at the very least not be allowed to count them toward bowl eligibility.) I also believe that eight regular season home games should not be allowed.

+ Reply to Thread