+ Reply to Thread

Thread: La Tech Ranked #21 in the Collegiate Baseball Div I Poll

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

La Tech Ranked #21 in the Collegiate Baseball Div I Poll

Louisiana Tech has been ranked #21 by the Collegiate Baseball Newspaper. The team is getting respect they deserve. I know they surprised me after what I thought was a complete meltdown. Apparently, 10 wins in a row makes a big difference, especially with wins against a top conference foe.

http://baseballnews.com/collegiate-b...-poll-4-15-19/

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: La Tech Ranked #21 in the Collegiate Baseball Div I Poll

So, I have us going 14-5 over these last 19 regular season games. If we do that, we'll finish the regular season 38-16 going into the CUSA Tournament.

Question: How many CUSA Tournament games do we have to win to receive an invite to the regionals?

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

We need to get to 40 wins including the tourney if we have to in order to feel safe I think.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    We need to get to 40 wins including the tourney if we have to in order to feel safe I think.
    I know it's not worth anything, but Warren Nolan's Predicted Results has us finishing at 40-15 with an RPI of 24 http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2019...Louisiana-Tech

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I just want a winnable regional. I could care less about anything else.

Varsity Bulldog rlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    So, I have us going 14-5 over these last 19 regular season games. If we do that, we'll finish the regular season 38-16 going into the CUSA Tournament.

Question: How many CUSA Tournament games do we have to win to receive an invite to the regionals?
    Unless we win out or come close to winning out we’ll need to win at least one in Biloxi. So in your scenario, winning one (final record 39-18) and having an rpi in the upper 30s should put us safely in. I don’t think it’ll matter if we are 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in cusa if our final record and rpi are that good but finishing top 2 would probably make us a lock.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    I just want a winnable regional. I could care less about anything else.
    I'm not picky - I just want to get to a regional, any regional and then let the chips fall as they may...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    Without a weekend series win over an at-large caliber team, there's nothing Tech can do to be "safely" in the field except for winning the conference tournament. Without the auto bid, the best we can hope for at this point is being a bubble team sweating out the selection show that is one of the last 4-8 teams selected.

Series Wins
    55. FAU
    91. SELA
    93. Arky St
    152. UTSA
    153. UAB
    186. MTSU

Series Remaining
    124. ODU
    138. Rice
    147. FIU
    181. WKU
    184. Marshall

There's nothing left that can really help us. Only traps to cost us.

We desperately need FAU, SELA, and ArkSt to win big and finish in the RPI Top 45.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

In order for Tech to be in position for at least an at large NCAA invitation I’m of the opinion we need to finish top 2 in conference play and top 4 in the tournament. Obviously the only guaranteed way in is by winning to tournament. Anything less and Tech would leave itself open to being slighted in favor of some arguably less deserving but bigger conference team. Sports selection politics is designed to favor the big boys so in every way possible you have to leave no doubt.

Puppy C-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really nice

Dogs moved up to #18 this week. Ranked # 25 in Perfect Game. HBTD!!!

+ Reply to Thread