+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tech to Square off with C-USA Foe Rice in Weekend Set

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Rice Tech to Square off with C-USA Foe Rice in Weekend Set

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

The No. 18 Louisiana Tech baseball team will look to continue its strong month of April this weekend, taking on Conference USA foe Rice in a three-game series from Reckling Park in Houston, Texas.

More...

Discuss it here.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Re: Tech to Square off with C-USA Foe Rice in Weekend Set

Not a good night for Tech, losing 1-3 with 14 strike outs. It seems like we’ve lost our timely hitting. I’ve got a bad feeling building about what’s left of this season. It seems like bad luck is lurking close by getting ready to jump on our backs and ride us into the ground. I sure hope I’m wrong.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Not a good night for Tech, losing 1-3 with 14 strike outs. It seems like we’ve lost our timely hitting. I’ve got a bad feeling building about what’s left of this season. It seems like bad luck is lurking close by getting ready to jump on our backs and ride us into the ground. I sure hope I’m wrong.
    With all that's going on, I'll give them a pass for the rest of the season, win or lose.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Hopefully they can get a win tomorrow-kind of expected they’d be distracted tonight.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Bounce back Dawgs, got a lotta support behind you fellas. Play your game!

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Baseball Owls Prevail in Friday Night Pitching Duel

On a night that saw both starting pitchers toss through seven innings, it was the Rice Owls that prevailed over the visiting Louisiana Tech Bulldogs, 3-1, on Friday evening from Reckling Park in front of 3,879.

More...

Discuss it here.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Game 2 @LaTechBsb: This game will end in controversy, as a Garcia popup bunt is apparently ruled as an out on a diving catch. No signal was given, and Rice turns a game-ending triple play.

🐶 | 2
    🦉 | 4
    FINAL

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Triple play to end game #2

Triple play with bases loaded to end game 2 and seal the series win for Rice!
    Pretty much sums up this week in Tech baseball. Tough week.

Varsity Bulldog rlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to behold

Absolute garbage. Guy never went back to his glove to get the ball so the ball must have been on the ground. Of course it’s the rice feed so they aren’t going to show the camera angle of the ball on the ground. Runners obviously see it as ball on the ground so I can advance. Umpires proceed to call that he caught it so the runners are both thrown for an inning ending triple play. Absolute garbage. Those umpires should be ashamed.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    It’s a very sad state of affairs how things have spiraled out of control and what seems like a black abyss. I fear the buzzards are circling. I’ve got my fingers crossed at the end of April will mark the official end of this putrid funk. It’s going to have to be the players who decide that enough is enough. I’m on Dawgs snap out of it.

Varsity Bulldog rlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to behold

Re: Triple play to end game #2

Assuming he did actually catch that ball, which it's impossible to tell based on the shitty cusa.tv feed we have, the umpire doesn't signal out until well after the ball is on it's way to second, leaving the runners with absolutely no clue as to if it's an out or not.

Looked like Netterville had pretty much decided it was going to hit the ground before the 1st baseman tried to catch it. Looked like Clayton saw the ball on the ground and then tried to make it to second. Either way the umpire put the baserunners in an absolutely impossible position and should have just ruled an out with runners placed back on 1st and 2nd. There has got to be something to address the rulebook.

Baseball Bulldogs Fall in Series to Rice

The No. 18 Louisiana Tech baseball team dropped a narrow, 4-2 decision to the Rice Owls on Saturday afternoon from Reckling Park in front of 2,982.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Game 2 @LaTechBsb: This game will end in controversy, as a Garcia popup bunt is apparently ruled as an out on a diving catch. No signal was given, and Rice turns a game-ending triple play.

🐶 | 2
    🦉 | 4
    FINAL
    Why were we bunting?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Why were we bunting?
    amen

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Trying to steal a run on a squeeze which would bring up top of lineup, bases loaded & only 1 out - down by 1.
    Also, Burroughs probably doesn’t have a lot of confidence in our 9th hole hitting DH.
    Third inning in the game to have bases loaded & score 0. We gotta bust out of this funk & quick!

+ Reply to Thread