+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bulldogs Travel to Natchitoches to Wrap Up Season Series with Demons

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Bulldogs Travel to Natchitoches to Wrap Up Season Series with Demons

Streaky teams take a toll on the fans. This past week has knocked my dauber down, for sure. Last week, Mrs TD & I were talking about going to the CUSA tournament vs holding out for Regionals. For now, post season talks are tabled.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Bulldogs Travel to Natchitoches to Wrap Up Season Series with Demons

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Did anyone mention that their bunting is Lille league--doesn't rise to the high school level.
    On one occasion we tried to bunt, I think it was our 1st baseman, on a 2-0 count he attempted to bunt, the ball shot straight down, hit the edge of the plate and then hit the batter in the leg. The ump called him out shouting "batter was in the batter's box and therefore out!" LB protested and the lousy HP ump, and he was lousy, called a pow wow with the other umps. Most fans, including a few NSU fans, were saying that is a foul ball. But the call stood. The very next inning the same thing happened to an NSU hitter, trying to bunt, and the HP ump correctly called "foul ball!"

I will hasten to add, it could have been the HP ump said he was out of the batter's box when the ball hit him, but that's not what I, and others, heard him say.

But, as lousy as the HP ump was, we beat ourselves. This team looks like the Keystone Cops Little League squad.

+ Reply to Thread