+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Where should LaTech rebuild baseball stadium

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Where should LaTech rebuild baseball stadium

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    It really is not much smaller than what TECH had before. This is a non-issue
    Tell that to Dave

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I wonder if Dave was in the taco truck because out of courtesy WK’s radio announcer was in the Ruston press box. If so I can understand that. I doubt that box is big enough for two crews. After all it is a high school facility.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I wonder if Dave was in the taco truck because out of courtesy WK’s radio announcer was in the Ruston press box. If so I can understand that. I doubt that box is big enough for two crews. After all it is a high school facility.
    I believe that’s what had happened. If you listen to Cory Diaz tweet from Fridaysgamr, it sounds like a radio guy in the background

Bulldog DiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to all DiamondDawg36's Avatar

I saw Dave at the NSU game during pre-game and he was having trouble walking. He had a cane and a helper and was still struggling. I am sure that is why he was not in the press box.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    This might be too much to ask but if the softball stadium is destroyed also, could we switch softball's layout to match the baseball's layout at the love shack? That way when driving down Tech Drive, you face towards the back of both the baseball stadium and softball stadium at the intersection of Tech and Alabama? It would look much better if they can mirror their designs, or at least make them match i.e not one be metal stands and the other be concrete and brick. That parking lot is an eyesore when driving down Tech's "entrance" down Tech drive. They can put the parking lot behind the the stadium probably.
    Not a bad thought. I like the idea of them mirroring and matching.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDawg36 View Post
    I saw Dave at the NSU game during pre-game and he was having trouble walking. He had a cane and a helper and was still struggling. I am sure that is why he was not in the press box.
    makes sense

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Dave could have played the ADA card on EllAyeTech years ago. Of course he would not do that, but now it is to the point that he absolutely must have an elevator to get up there. ADA will require both an elevator AND a restroom in the new press box area.

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Tell that to Dave

If he uses the food truck next year (assuming we are at Ruston High), then I hope they get a new La Tech wrap on the truck - as well as sponsorships! Good opportunity - Johnny's Pizza Radio Booth or whatever

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

If he uses the food truck next year (assuming we are at Ruston High), then I hope they get a new La Tech wrap on the truck - as well as sponsorships! Good opportunity - Johnny's Pizza Radio Booth or whatever
    I'm against spending any money - sponsor or program - for things next year at any alternate site

I would rather spend every single red cent at the new facility...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I'm against spending any money - sponsor or program - for things next year at any alternate site

I would rather spend every single red cent at the new facility...
    Right! Let’s hope our leaders can see that next year is not as important as the next 50-60 years.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Any update on whats going on with possibilities for baseball/softball fields for next year?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I know we prob need to stay close for daily use for practice/training. I assume the Ruston Sports Complex will be our new home for soccer/tennis/baseball/soccer next year.

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Any update on whats going on with possibilities for baseball/softball fields for next year?
    This is excerpt from this week's email update to the students from Pres. Guice:

This past week, we were focused on preparing for visits by FEMA and state
    government agencies in assessing campus damage. The primary focus has been
    to get solid preliminary damage assessment data that can be used in
    achieving a damage threshold that will enable the Governor to ask the
    President for declaration of a national disaster. That is crucial in getting
    resources that are necessary for full recovery. Our administrative team led
    by Sam Wallace, Adam McGuirt and Jim King did an excellent job in pulling
    information together, and I believe that the FEMA team left campus on Friday
    with some confidence that our data will be sufficient for the disaster
    declaration.

We are also exploring our options for rebuilding of campus facilities that
    were damaged or destroyed. We have asked the State of Louisiana for
    permission to use emergency measures to speed up restoration efforts so that
    we are prepared to return to full speed as soon as possible. I remain
    confident that as we complete these restoration efforts, as well as some
    other campus enhancements that were in the planning stages prior to the
    storms, we will have a more beautiful and vibrant campus than ever.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I think Dave should sell tacos out of the truck. Good revenue maker for Tech! I can hear it now...

"There's the pitch...ball, outside, count is 1 and 0...oh, pardon me..."You want mild or hot sauce with that?" Thank you. "Next pitch, swung on fouled back..."

Dave can multitask.

Nothing really new in here - just a article based on T-Mac's time at Tech & Tails

Louisiana Tech is taking patient approach to rebuild

+ Reply to Thread