+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Where should LaTech rebuild baseball stadium

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Where should LaTech rebuild baseball stadium

I was told we may look at modeling after Dallas Baptist

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Correct. It's a possibility. Just a bigger version. The big draw here is the fact it was designed by HKS. We should strongly consider using them.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post

I don't like it. Looks too small and cheap. For goodness sake, it's DBU...they don't have any money. Yes, DBU is a quality baseball program, but that stadium is ugly.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Coastal Carolina did a great job with their stadium build a few years ago. Plenty of seating options (Suite, Club, chairback, berm, outfield deck)

I like the open air club area (left on pic) and suites on the right.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

You want suites? How much cost would they add and how much extra revenue would they bring in. Or would they be just another place for the rich guys to gather and hob nob with one another and TMac and maybe watch the game. If all they want to do is socialize let them go up the street to the Alumni Center. Chair backs would be great, though. I don't believe we should go back to my day sitting in lawn chairs or on bleachers, but it was fun watching Coach Berry Hinton chase down those foul tips or chatting across the fence with the bullpen.

On that point where would you rather watch a foot ball game? In some posh suite up in the stratosphere about half way up the stadium between the forties?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    You want suites? How much cost would they add and how much extra revenue would they bring in. Or would they be just another place for the rich guys to gather and hob nob with one another and TMac and maybe watch the game. If all they want to do is socialize let them go up the street to the Alumni Center. Chair backs would be great, though. I don't believe we should go back to my day sitting in lawn chairs or on bleachers, but it was fun watching Coach Berry Hinton chase down those foul tips or chatting across the fence with the bullpen.

On that point where would you rather watch a foot ball game? In some posh suite up in the stratosphere about half way up the stadium between the forties?
    Suites are a must for revenue generation - an absolute must

Premium seating is a MUST for revenue generation -

If you want to buy a $100 season pass and sit in the exposed bleachers, then you should have that option too

I've held (3) baseball season tickets since the late 1990's (they were in about the best location in the stadium) - even with the gradual increase over the years, this year the cost of my seats averaged out to be $4.63/ticket per game....

That's NO WAY to try to support and fund a top 50 program
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

It really doesn't matter to me about the seats or suites but I still think they're just for the rich guys to socialize. If the rich guys give monetary support the suites are probably worth it. I can't drive a 700 mile round trip to watch college baseball. I might make one football game this year, but it will probably be the Rice game here in Houston.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I wish they’d have an area set up where you could grill and watch the game. Like a balcony area or something you could rent a space for to tailgate, but still have a view of the field. Now that would be something that I would pay for. Talk about a way to spend an afternoon.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I like DBU's look.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Think our AD understands that Tent/tailgate areas (well served) are more important than "suites with a/c? I doubt it, but effing the "regular" fans in favor of those who deserve to park 10' from 3rd base...THATS who we are
    I’m all about finding ways to generate income as much as possible, but in the end it needs to feel like a ballpark. Big glassed in suites to me doesn’t feel like a ballpark. That was always my favorite part about the Shack, it just had that baseball Americana ambience. There has to be a way to combine both worlds together for all fans and kill two birds with one stone.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Jacksonville state just built a new stadium after tornado went through Jacksonville al. It looks a little like the dbu stadium but nicer. They were able to rebuild with fema funds as well as insurance money

https://jsugamecocksports.com/sports...805085756.aspx

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg View Post
    Jacksonville state just built a new stadium after tornado went through Jacksonville al. It looks a little like the dbu stadium but nicer. They were able to rebuild with fema funds as well as insurance money

https://jsugamecocksports.com/sports...805085756.aspx
    Whatever we do, I hope we have a nice brick facade on the outside like this. We have needed this for the football stadium since it was built and definitely need it on any new sports venue. Nothing looks cheaper than exposed underbelly of any stadium. Also, we must have suites. That is the only way to generate money. Love the club area on the Coastal Carolina one above and the grass seating in the outfield too.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I like DBU's look.
    Of course you do. It's Rinky Dink. Worthy of any good high school in Texas.

Oh good.....the BARN look! Some of you people think waaaay too small, and have no taste whatsoever.

Still the best.

Hammond Stadium | Ft Meyers FL

+ Reply to Thread