+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Where should LaTech rebuild baseball stadium

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Where should LaTech rebuild baseball stadium

2500 is plenty of seating for us. We can easily seat 3000+ in the current area. USM stadium sucks!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

3,000 permanent is the optimum number

That’s doubling current capacity

Question is do we want to take our time and do it right or do we want to rush just to have something in place for 2020?

That’s the question we should be asking ourselves
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    3,000 permanent is the optimum number

That’s doubling current capacity

Question is do we want to take our time and do it right or do we want to rush just to have something in place for 2020?

That’s the question we should be asking ourselves
    2021 and in the same spot.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    2021 and in the same spot.
    Please no, the thought of that feels like repeating the last 20 years which with the exception of Goff’s last year haven’t been good. I want so bad for a Tech men's team to win a conference championship of some sort. All of this repeated underachieving is becoming unbearable. Maybe, hopefully with a legit NCAA / conference tournament caliber and institutionally proud facility we’ll be a few steps closer to getting a legit coach who can build a real program. What we’re suffering through now sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Please no, the thought of that feels like repeating the last 20 years which with the exception of Goff’s last year haven’t been good. I want so bad for a Tech men's team to win a conference championship of some sort. All of this repeated underachieving is becoming unbearable. Maybe, hopefully with a legit NCAA / conference tournament caliber and institutionally proud facility we’ll be a few steps closer to getting a legit coach who can build a real program. What we’re suffering through now sucks.
    Not sure what building back in the same spot has to do with any of your concerns.

FWIW, as old as our facilities were, we had good facilities compared to our peers.

Any good coach we get will be hired away which is a good thing if your have a guy hiring who knows how to properly replace the good coach.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    That has absolutely nothing to do with the stadium location - that’s a 98% admin issue

I don’t think most of y’all realize the great scenic value of our present location

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

I love the scenic value of the present location. And if there was an extra 60 feet available on all sides, this thread wouldn't be needed because site selection would not be an issue. Next best alternative that would at least pay homage to the current site would be in the Neilsen-Caruthers space with the outfield fence toward the railroad tracks.

And if softball were placed in the current baseball location, both programs could have the scenic value.
    Last edited by FriscoDawg; 05-05-2019 at 10:45 PM.

Varsity Bulldog deb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her game

Can you not see Hale Hall from the Neilsen-Caruthers area? I'll have to drive by there to see. I know the railroad track goes by it. I think I'm leaning towards the Neilsen-Caruthers area for baseball. Softball moving into the old baseball area is a good idea, also. If there is enough room to do a new baseball stadium at the current location then I'm fine keeping it there. However, I don't think there is enough room though.

Quote Originally Posted by deb025 View Post
    Can you not see Hale Hall from the Neilsen-Caruthers area? I'll have to drive by there to see. I know the railroad track goes by it. I think I'm leaning towards the Neilsen-Caruthers area for baseball. Softball moving into the old baseball area is a good idea, also. If there is enough room to do a new baseball stadium at the current location then I'm fine keeping it there. However, I don't think there is enough room though.
    Hale Hall should be on first base sight line from that area...

I’m not convinced there is not room enough yet, from a google shot there looks to be in the neighborhood of almost 90 feet of wiggle room from back of structure now to the wrought iron fence that faces west Alabama

I just hope we don’t make a rush to judgement to meet a time line and that we honestly explore all possibilities

Varsity Bulldog deb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Hale Hall should be on first base sight line from that area...

I’m not convinced there is not room enough yet, from a google shot there looks to be in the neighborhood of almost 90 feet of wiggle room from back of structure now to the wrought iron fence that faces west Alabama

I just hope we don’t make a rush to judgement to meet a time line and that we honestly explore all possibilities
    I'm with you on that. I just want it done right wherever it's at. If we stay in the current location the new stadium will definitely be snug against Tech Dr. and Alabama. I love the scenic value of the current location but I don't want to sacrifice any needed amenities for the scenic value.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Rebuild baseball stadium same spot - looks great there.
    Use current parking lot left field side for new indoor hitting, clubhouse, coaches offices, etc, build new grand stands, new & bigger dugouts, use all of space under grandstands for enlarged concessions, tics. Build new outfield fence 20 ft further back than present. New video scoreboard.
    Build new softball stadium across from football field house, move soccer to track infield build new turf soccer field. Build new press box & stands for soccer & track dual use. Make area where current softball & half of current soccer field for Parking - baseball, softball & football
    Done.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Here is a great hi-res view of the baseball field and athletic complex courtesy of Louisiana Helicam [360 view]

Use mouse and scroller to move around and zoom in.

https://roundme.com/tour/393430/view/1360521

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    I love the scenic value of the present location. And if there was an extra 60 feet available on all sides, this thread wouldn't be needed because site selection would not be an issue..
    There is plenty of room to get an extra 60 ft, but 60ft down the lines is not needed.

+ Reply to Thread