+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Where should LaTech rebuild baseball stadium

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Re: Where should LaTech rebuild baseball stadium

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

Still the best.

Hammond Stadium | Ft Meyers FL
    We don’t need to build anything with more than 3000 seats. We get barely over 1000 people at the games

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    We don’t need to build anything with more than 3000 seats. We get barely over 1000 people at the games
    I have had a hint that an unofficial preliminary inspection of the Love Shack found the structure to be sound and no serious damage other than needs roof fixed, replace a couple of hundred chairbacks that were crushed and there is enough state "insurance" to have that fixed by next season opener. No info on scoreboard.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

If we are to remain at the current location, the facility needs an upgrade. Its so dated. I hope we would do more than fix the damages.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Just fixing the damages is a totally unacceptable goal. If the leaders at Tech do nothing but put the pieces back together then I’ve have even less for them going forward. I’ve already decided not to redo my vehicle ransom Tech football parking pass. As much as I’d hate it next up could be my baseball season tickets.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Just fixing the damages is a totally unacceptable goal. If the leaders at Tech do nothing but put the pieces back together then I’ve have even less for them going forward. I’ve already decided not to redo my vehicle ransom Tech football parking pass. As much as I’d hate it next up could be my baseball season tickets.
    Griping about the cost of a parking pass and season tickets but want FEMA to step in and provide Tech with the funds to build a completely new facility after a disaster......

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Griping about the cost of a parking pass and season tickets but want FEMA to step in and provide Tech with the funds to build a completely new facility after a disaster......
    That’s how I read that as well...

Don’t make the program suffer because of supposed incompetent leadership. Money doesn’t grow on trees for schools like Tech.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    1000 announced when only a few hundred are really there. That's who we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    I have had a hint that an unofficial preliminary inspection of the Love Shack found the structure to be sound and no serious damage other than needs roof fixed, replace a couple of hundred chairbacks that were crushed and there is enough state "insurance" to have that fixed by next season opener. No info on scoreboard.
    I suspect you are as wrong as you are on 99% of what you post here.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Try to separate the issues with the two sports and throw MBB in as well. All three have different issues, but the common problem denominator is NOT the fans. Do you even know what it costs to get a "parking pass" for football? Add four season tickets and the fan is in for approximately $2000/year. Not expensive by $EC standards, but an AD ago, fans were guaranteed parking for about 1/2 that amount. Many of those fans now pay for parking only to be turned away unless they arrive 3 hours before kickoff.

I challenge you to find anywhere in this thread where baseball fans are asking/expecting FEMA to "build a completely new facility..."

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

I think our AD made it clear that we are not going to rush the process in order to gather all the funds including private that might be accessible. There’s strong contention to develop more student housing at current location. I think funding totals will ultimately determine where the baseball field will be located but I would be surprised if we rebuilt all 3 facilities in same locations. Long term plan is more students & more housing however our Pres is just as committed to taking our athletic facilities to the next level. My $ is on a new stadium located elsewhere most likely across the road from track & field house.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I like the stands, at least a large portion of it, to be covered. I see a lot of brand new, $50 million stadiums, and the fans have no shelter at all. Just my own personal wish for a stadium.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I suspect you are as wrong as you are on 99% of what you post here.
    Actually, that seems pretty plausible to me.

I suspect the main structure is primarily rebar-concrete. If the adjusters are saying fix it, you may be looking at some cosmetic upgrades, but not much more.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of stadiums.
    JAS opened 1968 capacity ~23,000
    Capacity increased to about ~30,000 due to old NCAA Div I rule.
    Present avg. attendance ~ 23,000 current rule for FBS is just 15,000 avg attendance over two years.

Infer what you will.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Actually, that seems pretty plausible to me.

I suspect the main structure is primarily rebar-concrete. If the adjusters are saying fix it, you may be looking at some cosmetic upgrades, but not much more.
    You must not have read the reports here saying that the structure was in trouble before the tornado showed the actual weaknesses. Adjusters don't say "just repair it" when lives depend on their decision. Cosmetic upgrades to a structure that is 50 plus years old and was crumbling before the storm? I don't think I want to step foot in that facility again.

I believe (no "inside info") ADA alone will demand a new facility.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    You must not have read the reports here saying that the structure was in trouble before the tornado showed the actual weaknesses. Adjusters don't say "just repair it" when lives depend on their decision. Cosmetic upgrades to a structure that is 50 plus years old and was crumbling before the storm? I don't think I want to step foot in that facility again.

I believe (no "inside info") ADA alone will demand a new facility.
    No, I was not previously familiar with those reports.

But it sounds like more of the same ongoing effort to purge Tech's campus of anything built between 1940-1990.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    No, I was not previously familiar with those reports.

But it sounds like more of the same ongoing effort to purge Tech's campus of anything built between 1940-1990.
    What I thought you were thinking.

Stuff ages and wears out. Complete renovations in order to save the face of old are not always economical or the best answer. Do you really think our old structure is unique? Also, I figured you were all about becoming ADA compliant.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't thought about the ADA compliance thing. There are a few people who sit around me that the steps in our baseball stadium causes them a real problem. The steepness of the steps to get to the seating area then the little half steps between rows.

One older fellow fell twice this year. Or at least went to his knees. It's pretty clear he has a malady that affects his gait and balance. But he's a loyal Bulldog and he's by golly going to sit in his seat. Guys like him would benefit greatly from more modern design and ADA compliance.

+ Reply to Thread