+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Where should LaTech rebuild baseball stadium

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Where should LaTech rebuild baseball stadium

Quote Originally Posted by SIC_EM_DAWGS! View Post
    I think The Love shack has one of the most picturesque locations in baseball and don't want it to be moved.

That being said the stadium has to be built to at least minimum "suggested" dimensions by the NCAA if Tech is to ever host a regional. Just working around the field:
    Love Shack 315 down the left field line, minimum suggested 330.
    Love Shack 370 in the left field power alley, minimum is 375.
    Love Shack 385 in center, suggested minimum 400.
    Love Shack 340 in the right field power alley, minimum suggested is 375.
    Love Shack 325 down right field, minimum suggested 330.
    Love Shack 25 feet between left field line and the outside wall, minimum 30 but suggested 37.
    Love Shack 12 feet between right field line and the outside wall, minimum 30 but suggested 37.

That's a lot of moving around and ground to make up. As much as I want to see it stay I also want to see baseball be in a position where we can sell the possibility of hosting a regional or super to recruits. It needs to be done right even if that means moving it do so.
    Thanks for posting that.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Below level seating behind the plate.
    Grandstand with second level similar to The Box.
    Foul line seating at least to the end of the dugouts.
    Concourse up at the mid-level.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

I think The Love shack has one of the most picturesque locations in baseball and don't want it to be moved. That being said the stadium has to be built to at least minimum "suggested" dimensions by the NCAA if Tech is to ever host a regional.

As much as I want to see it stay I also want to see baseball be in a position where we can sell the possibility of hosting a regional or super to recruits. It needs to be done right even if that means moving it do so.
    I agree with everything you are saying. I would add one thing to it, something Friscodawg has been posting for the past week.

If baseball has to be moved I want the athletic department to keep that site and move softball to it. For under $4 million we could build at Top 10 level softball facility in the country on that site. UL-Lafayette has spent roughly $3 million and created an incredible atmosphere, which includes an indoor hitting facility. Build something similar and throw in the railroad tracks and the dorms as a backdrop. You then have a facility that our coaching staff can recruit to. Homeplate would be roughly where second base is now located. You also have room to build a berm or party deck in right field between what would be the softball fence and railroad property.

Again, if baseball has to move this is the alternative I'd like to see.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I think The Love shack has one of the most picturesque locations in baseball and don't want it to be moved.

That being said the stadium has to be built to at least minimum "suggested" dimensions by the NCAA if Tech is to ever host a regional. Just working around the field:
    Love Shack 315 down the left field line, minimum suggested 330. - 15 FT
    Love Shack 370 in the left field power alley, minimum is 375. - 5 FT
    Love Shack 385 in center, suggested minimum 400. - 15 ft
    Love Shack 340 in the right field power alley, minimum suggested is 375. - 35 FT
    Love Shack 325 down right field, minimum suggested 330. - 5 ft
    Love Shack 25 feet between left field line and the outside wall, minimum 30 but suggested 37. - 12 ft
    Love Shack 12 feet between right field line and the outside wall, minimum 30 but suggested 37. - 18 ft * to minimum

That's a lot of moving around and ground to make up. As much as I want to see it stay I also want to see baseball be in a position where we can sell the possibility of hosting a regional or super to recruits. It needs to be done right even if that means moving it do so.

That's not a lot of shifting and moving in actuality - most measurements are less than 15 ft

I'm hearing that we are in preliminary talks with several design firms and we could be released to contract with a designed service as early as next week by the state
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch Fletcher View Post
    FYI, some recently constructed college baseball stadiums with their cost/capcities:

Under Construction:
    Unnamed Stadium: Marshall, 3,500 capacity, $18-20 Million, opens in 2021
    O'Brate Stadium: Okalahoma State, 8,000 capacity, $60 Million, opens in 2020

Opened 2019:
    Dudy Noble: Missisippi State, 12,000 capacity, $68 Million
    Kentucky Proud Park: $49 Million, 5,000 capacity

Opened 2018:
    Brighton Field: Boston College, 1,000 capacity, Was a small part of a $200 Million project
    Kentucky Proud Park: Kentucky, 5,000 capacity, $49 Million

2015:
    Monongalia County Ballpark: West Virginia, 3,500 capacity, $25 Million, opened 2015
    Liberty Baseball Stadium: Liberty, 2,500 capacity, $9 Million, opened 2013
    Bart Kaufman Field: Indiana, 2,500 capacity, $19.8 Million, opened 2013
    Alexander Field: Purdue, 1,500 capacity, $10.3 Million, opened 2013

Louisiana Lafayette spent $16 million just to renovate!
    In Development:
    Fletcher's prize package for 2018-2019 Bowl Pick 'em Champion Prize pack.
    Capacity: Unknown
    Cost: Unknown
    Expected to be delivered: Eventually

Varsity Bulldog deb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    I agree with everything you are saying. I would add one thing to it, something Friscodawg has been posting for the past week.

If baseball has to be moved I want the athletic department to keep that site and move softball to it. For under $4 million we could build at Top 10 level softball facility in the country on that site. UL-Lafayette has spent roughly $3 million and created an incredible atmosphere, which includes an indoor hitting facility. Build something similar and throw in the railroad tracks and the dorms as a backdrop. You then have a facility that our coaching staff can recruit to. Homeplate would be roughly where second base is now located. You also have room to build a berm or party deck in right field between what would be the softball fence and railroad property.

Again, if baseball has to move this is the alternative I'd like to see.
    I agree. If the baseball stadium has to be moved then softball needs to go to that location. Track and soccer need to have a combined facility and the tennis courts need to be moved for a IPF. I would like to see the IPF and football practice field right next to each other so we would need to move the track. Maybe move the track and soccer complex to where the current football practice field is at? I'm not sure where the tennis courts should go.

Varsity Bulldog deb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her game

Just had an idea for the tennis courts. The gravel lot on the other side of the TAC near Hideaway Park and Alabama St. Put the tennis courts there and pave the gravel lot for parking for the tennis courts and basketball.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

Agreed! And do whatever it takes to allow TECH to host regionals and to keep it in from being moved.

Puppy Fletch Fletcher has turned a few heads around hereFletch Fletcher has turned a few heads around here

Love Shack 315 down the left field line, minimum suggested 330.
    Love Shack 370 in the left field power alley, minimum is 375.
    Love Shack 385 in center, suggested minimum 400.
    Love Shack 340 in the right field power alley, minimum suggested is 375.
    Love Shack 325 down right field, minimum suggested 330.
    Love Shack 25 feet between left field line and the outside wall, minimum 30 but suggested 37.
    Love Shack 12 feet between right field line and the outside wall, minimum 30 but suggested 37.

I think you can rebuild in the same spot and meet those minimum dimension requirements if you just shift the grandstand closer to Alabama Ave. The parking lot would just need to be relocated across the intersection.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deb025 View Post
    Track and soccer need to have a combined facility and the tennis courts need to be moved for a IPF. I would like to see the IPF and football practice field right next to each other so we would need to move the track.
    IPFs make players weak and soft.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

I'm excited to see what the professionals doing the design work come up with. Anyone who does collegiate athletics sports venues are going to have a lot of knowledge and advise we'll get to take advantage of. They aren't going to want to be associated with a new facility that isn't up to snuff because it will affect what other potential collegiate clients think of them. So while ultimately the decision of where we put the new ballpark will be up to us, IF we move I'll bet there will be some pretty compelling reasons to do so. And maybe it stays right where it is.

Personally, I've got a good feeling about how this is going to work out.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

The one thing I’d add is to be mindful that the scale Tech works towards in having the best they can have going forward based on what the NCAA wants or requires for hosting big events could possibly change in 5 years. I sure hope we don’t barely big enough and then scale ourselves out of consideration. Keep in mind that the NCAA doesn’t exactly love the smaller schools.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    The one thing I’d add is to be mindful that the scale Tech works towards in having the best they can have going forward based on what the NCAA wants or requires for hosting big events could possibly change in 5 years. I sure hope we don’t barely big enough and then scale ourselves out of consideration. Keep in mind that the NCAA doesn’t exactly love the smaller schools.
    Obviously we gotta get in position to host before we can host. As "smaller schools" USM and Lafayette are set up to host, but it is not about the seating capacity. It is about being seeded high enough and actually submitting a bid.

We met all the NCAA qualifications before the storm. I don't see them changing that much. NCAA baseball has been consistent for a long time.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

I like the combine soccer and track idea. Do move the Soccer up to where the track is now. this opens up a lot of land where the soccer field was. Moving the field closer to the intersection removes parking but not a lot. They can just add more parking in the Softball/Soccer land if the Soccer and track combine.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Prove it.
    What do you mean "Prove it"? ummm...Tech Drive. Alabama. The Dorms. The Railroad Track. Short of relocating, removing, or rerouting any of those things, we have all the property we will ever have. We're landlocked there...I'm not bitching about it, I'm saying, put the passionate feelings about our beautiful Love Shack aside and make sure we make the BEST decision. She's sat on the corner of Alabama and Tech drive for about 50 years, and I love where it's at in 2019. Will that capacity, and that location, still work for our grandchildren in 2069? I don't know what the future holds. And neither do you.

+ Reply to Thread