+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Where should LaTech rebuild baseball stadium

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: Where should LaTech rebuild baseball stadium

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    ADA is not a red herring.
    Allow me to rephrase --

ADA compliance, on its own, is not a reason to tear down and rebuild.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post

I had some time on my hands and decided to show everyone my Microsoft Paint skills. I hope all of you designers are proud. This is basically what I would like for Baseball, Softball, and for a future indoor practice facility.

Baseball- Move the stadium closer to the corner and have both sides parallel to the streets. This allows more space for the stadium and field. We would lose some parking but I'm fine with that. No one looks at parking lots and thinks they add something positive to the aesthetics. The pitching/batting practice building is moved to the right side. The right field hill is expanded and we keep the train and apartment view in the outfield.

Softball- Flip the alignment and have the back facing the intersection of Alabama and Tech Dr like the baseball stadium. The parking lot is then placed behind the stadium in order to block its view, but not much if any parking should be lost. Have both the softball and baseball's facades face the intersection and they hopefully will have two similar brick designs to make them match each other and campus.

Electronic Message Board-
    There is a little square on the corner of Alabama and Tech in front of the softball facility. This would be for an electronic message board. That corner is possibly the busiest corner on Tech's campus, we should be taking advantage of that intersection to promote athletic events or just to deliver messages to the public. Southern Miss has one and it's what inspired me to put it on there as there is extra space on that corner in my plan.

Soccer-
    The stands are centered to be symmetrical but not much else is changed.

Soccer/Softball building- The building between the softball and soccer facilities will contain each sports locker rooms and offices. It will also have an outdoor spot for a food stand during softball and soccer games.

Indoor practice facility- This is just a wish of mine, but I'd like to see the indoor practice facility placed where the existing practice field is so we don't have to change the running track and we can connect it to the intramural center with a walkway over Tech Drive. Instead of an outdoor practice field, now the football team has an indoor practice facility in its spot and if they need to practice something outdoors, they can use the stadium or the field in the middle of the track. So nothing really changes for their layout. By connecting it to the intramural center, this can be used as a student recruitment tool effectively doubling the size of intramural center. It would allow intramural sports, gym classes, student activities, or activities in general to have a huge open indoor space to use while the football team isn't using it. Imagine the possibilities of being able to go to one facility to workout in the gym, swim laps in a pool, play basketball, or do sprints in an indoor football field.

Tech Drive Walkway- The walkway over Tech would contain the name of Louisiana Tech University across it and would be a great way to welcome people to the university. Hopefully they would also put an electronic message board on it to display messages about upcoming sports events or messages in general. It also could be used used as a crosswalk across Tech Drive as there is no pedestrian crosswalk unless you walk down to Alabama. Here is an example from Chalmette to give an idea, but of course ours would be much better looking.

Your plan is superb, would let us make that area special. I'd like to see a matching colonade of brick pillars/iron fencing border Tech Drive on both baseball and softball sides from the light down to the railroad, really set the area off. Maybe something similar to the Husky stadium in post 151. I'd give some to that kind of project. Make a statement.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    You called two stadiums of that~3000 capacity “rinky dink” and “small” then continued to post a stadium with a capacity of 9300. My comment was actually very fitting.
    Dallas Baptist University's stadium has a capacity of 2,000. And it is rinky dink. Looks at this pic.

https://www3.dbu.edu/dbu_report/docu...r2013Page2.pdf

You just think small. You can't help it.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Your plan is superb, would let us make that area special. I'd like to see a matching colonade of brick pillars/iron fencing border Tech Drive on both baseball and softball sides from the light down to the railroad, really set the area off. Maybe something similar to the Husky stadium in post 151. I'd give some to that kind of project. Make a statement.
    I agree. Good stuff from Dawgonit. By the way, I'm sure many of our fans are familiar with UNT's big "crossover" pedestrian bridge that takes the majority of their 20K football fans from one side of I-35 to the other for their home football games. It's not an enclosed structure like the one in Dawgonit's post above. But, I think I would prefer one like UNT's....covered, but not enclosed. Obviously, we would need a smaller version, but big enough to safely move 8K LA Tech football fans/students over Tech Drive during football season. Probably safer and easier to maintain too.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Dallas Baptist University's stadium has a capacity of 2,000. And it is rinky dink. Looks at this pic.

https://www3.dbu.edu/dbu_report/docu...r2013Page2.pdf

You just think small. You can't help it.
    I don't see what's rinky dink about it? It's a good looking facility. All we need to do is scale it to our needs (~3000).

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

As for the facade of the future stadium, I hope we have a consistent look to what we've done to the Joe.

Mix the brick look with some modern siding.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. Good stuff from Dawgonit. By the way, I'm sure many of our fans are familiar with UNT's big "crossover" pedestrian bridge that takes the majority of their 20K football fans from one side of I-35 to the other for their home football games. It's not an enclosed structure like the one in Dawgonit's post above. But, I think I would prefer one like UNT's....covered, but not enclosed. Obviously, we would need a smaller version, but big enough to safely move 8K LA Tech football fans/students over Tech Drive during football season. Probably safer and easier to maintain too.

That is extremely nice!!!!!!!! I like it a lot!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    As for the facade of the future stadium, I hope we have a consistent look to what we've done to the Joe.

Mix the brick look with some modern siding.
    Agreed.... Just make sure the underbelly of the stadium is enclosed. I REALLY wish this would be done to JAS as a next step in the process of stadium upgrades. It is greatly needed.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Agreed.... Just make sure the underbelly of the stadium is enclosed. I REALLY wish this would be done to JAS as a next step in the process of stadium upgrades. It is greatly needed.
    As for the underbelly, it depends how they build it. If you dig out the field, seating can be built into the landscape.

If we are not going with this approach then I assume the build of the pressbox will help hide the underbelly. I doubt they will keep it exposed. Something functional like concessions, offices, utility, etc would prob be built into it.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Love it! A couple of these put in our athletic area would be perfect.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I don’t intend to be too judgmental of Dowgonit’s plan, but I’m not seeing what I think would be the necessary parking space to support our improving (and needing to improve more) baseball and softball programs especially when there’s an overlap of them playing at the same time. I’m also still not convinced that simply backing the baseball facility up closer to the road is going to enlarge it enough in either it’s increased seating capacity or the dimensions of the outfield fences which I think should be somewhat longer especially in left field.

https://i.imgur.com/nJWUxrg.png

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I’m also still not convinced that simply backing the baseball facility up closer to the road is going to enlarge it enough in either it’s increased seating capacity or the dimensions of the outfield fences which I think should be somewhat longer especially in left field.
    All we need is 15 to 20 ft down the lines. (5 to 10 steps toward the road). Raising the height of the fence in right would have helped long ago. Right field distance is most pressing. Extra seating behind and past the dugouts give us the needed seating along with potential expansion seating. Gotta get rid of the parking lot other than the required handicap spots. That would give us plenty of room for other needs.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I don’t intend to be too judgmental of Dowgonit’s plan, but I’m not seeing what I think would be the necessary parking space to support our improving (and needing to improve more) baseball and softball programs especially when there’s an overlap of them playing at the same time. I’m also still not convinced that simply backing the baseball facility up closer to the road is going to enlarge it enough in either it’s increased seating capacity or the dimensions of the outfield fences which I think should be somewhat longer especially in left field.

https://i.imgur.com/nJWUxrg.png
    There have been a lot of interesting ideas floated on the board. At this point I'm just going along for the ride while we wait for the decisions to come down from on-high.

I want cupholders. And though I'm average height & short legged, I want more legroom too. (How you tall, long legged Dawgs deal with the legroom situation is admirable.)

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Let's make sure it will be a bit sturdier than the one built at FIU!

+ Reply to Thread