+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: China

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: China

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    NAFTA was a great example.

Big Pharma takes advantage often. The FDA helps them out.

IMO, both examples harm(ed) our national interests.
    How so?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Speaking of China...

I got an email from a professor at Shenzhen University in Guangdong Province, that is right close to Hong Kong. He remembered me from the early 1990's when I was traveling there on business. He is now the Director of the School of Management, when back then he was a young assistant professor working on behalf of the provincial government brokering business partnerships. Anyway in his email he said he remembered me because of my "American sense of humor and smiling every day." Now, you see, it pays off to be a goofball sometimes! His point to contact me is the university hospital has extra supplies of PPEs and he wants to ship them to America as a donation to help. He asked if I could provide him a shipping address...

I have passed this request on, up the chain, just in case, to the Natchitoches Hospital's CEO. I don't think there would be any problem with accepting the donations. But I will allow the hospital to notify the state, and maybe FEMA, and handle this thru proper channels.

Just an interesting tidbit to brighten your day!

BTW, the comment about the smiles...when I was in Russia, on business, our translator and guide would come by in a van to get us from the hotel every morning. One day he was particularly grumpy, so I said to him, smile!! life is good! He replied, the first thing you Americans put on in the morning is your smiles. So...smile!
    Damn! some people need a swift kick in the ass! Took me two phone calls, but I got the ball rolling on this donation. Sometimes you just can't help people....and sometimes you have to tell them: sit down, shut up, and let me handle this!!! Expecting a shipment of masks first, followed up by other PPEs.

Next!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

It's not "free trade" when corruption is the reason it happens. Free trade sounds nice and official, but it's not always. Our national interest should always be considered. That includes health issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    What corruption are you talking about?
    NAFTA was a great example.

Big Pharma takes advantage often. The FDA helps them out.

IMO, both examples harm(ed) our national interests.
    How so?
    Pawdawg, don't even answer him. I will try my best not to per his obvious little make-believe traps he believes he has set. Or is our fellow bulldog really that "out of touch"?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Pawdawg, don't even answer him. I will try my best not to per his obvious little make-believe traps he believes he has set. Or is our fellow bulldog really that "out of touch"?
    What was I thinking? China having us by the balls is just a result of capitalism and free trade. Just gotta learn to like it. Mexico and many others too. They were all take and no give, but that is "free trade". Gotta love it.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

What was I thinking? China having us by the balls is just a result of capitalism and free trade. Just gotta learn to like it. Mexico and many others too. They were all take and no give, but that is "free trade". Gotta love it.
    I was looking for your explanation of corruption and the drug companies and NAFTA. Your terse comment was convoluted. Can you explain further?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I was looking for your explanation of corruption and the drug companies and NAFTA. Your terse comment was convoluted. Can you explain further?
    Whatever...

The FDA and other bureaucracies make decisions that limit our ability to compete. We play by a different set of rules under what you and many others consider "free trade".

Whatever...

The FDA and other bureaucracies make decisions that limit our ability to compete. We play by a different set of rules under what you and many others consider "free trade".
    Can you clarify? And explain how corruption and NAFTA figure in?

Can you clarify? And explain how corruption and NAFTA figure in?
    I knew were you were going with this long ago...

Just because bureaucrats have made unfair policy legal for the good of a few, does not mean corruption is/was not involved in the policy process.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Whatever...

This is true. Under the guise of offering protection, bureaucracies like the FDA gum up the works. Many times our companies do a lot of work, can't get approval to release some drug or something, and other nations "steal" the idea, build on it a little and release some drug for use, while the FDA is still sitting on it here. Some of this is linked to our ridiculous tort system, such that doctors and drug companies have to carry very, very expensive insurance, said costs passed on to American consumers, not others, making the cost of pharmaceuticals much higher here. All evil can be traced back to attorneys....

Now, just watch, I guarantee this will happen...Trump pushed Congress to pass his "Give it try" legislation, the right of soon-to-be-dead-anyway patients to try some drugs, procedures not fully approved. Someone is going to pass away and someone, with the help of a POS lawyer, is going to sue alleging the cause of death was the unapproved cure, not the disease. And even though Congress approved the law, and even though said patient made the decision for themselves, it will be TRUMP'S FAULT! Write it down...it will happen.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of China having us and the world by the balls and some breaking news:

WAR DRUMS: China seizes Covid-19 advantage in South China Sea...

Chases Indonesia's Fishing Fleets, Staking Claim to Riches...

Shenzhen becomes first Chinese city to ban eating cats and dogs...

Extremists see global chaos from virus as opportunity...

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Part of the reason China has us by the balls is because we refuse to control our spending. The GOP has only worsened that problem over the past 3 1/2 years. (Bracing to have my comment edited or deleted)

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

While not a democrat you have to go back to Clinton/Newt era to have a budget that was good for the country.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Part of the reason China has us by the balls is because we refuse to control our spending. The GOP has only worsened that problem over the past 3 1/2 years. (Bracing to have my comment edited or deleted)
    This is true...of course it is disingenuous as it purposely omits any mention of the Dems. The national debt was about $8 trillion when GWB left office and $19 trillion after obummer left office, and soon to be $23.5 trillion since Trump took office. It was about $4 trillion when Bill Clinton left office... The GOP via its swampy RINOs have participated in the growth of the debt. I have not been happy with Trump's contribution to it either. Our military, was completely neglected by obummer...remember, obummer is the only president to not have a single, not one, carrier operational dating back to 1935. Trump has had to spend a bundle rebuilding our military. Since obummer inflated the debt by $11 trillion himself, and neglected the military, makes you wonder where all that money went...I can guess. But, no, not all of Trump's spending has been warranted.

You wouldn't have to brace for anything on this forum if you, and Goosey, practiced the truth.

Oh, point of clarity...no, obummer did not go his full 8 years without an operational carrier. We usually had 2 or 3 out to sea. But, there came a time...in either 2015 or 2016, when due to lack of spare parts and no money for maintenance every one of our carriers were docked, unable to return to sea. That lasted a few months. Just wanted to make that clear. And it was the first time, and I mean based on a 24/7 365 days a year, dating back to 1935 the US had no carriers on patrol.

+ Reply to Thread