+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: China

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: China

Any federal agency is exactly that...a federal agency. That means it is laden with stupid waste and ineffectiveness and inefficiencies. That's the nature of anything "government." Entrenched bureaucrats run things and run things into the ground! That is true at all levels of government, local, state, and especially federal.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Dr. Birx discussed some of this at one of the press conferences. I believe it was last Sunday. The information the CDC was given by the Chinese government indicated to them that this would be a "SARS like event." Nothing like what we're seeing.

I suspect, in the end, we'll find out that's what the CDC and NIH were telling Trump. It's one of the reasons I think he'll largely get a pass on this from the American people. Fauci and Burx are going to fall on the sword.

The other thing I find interesting is what I think we'll find out about the CDC, NIH, FDA, etc... There are a lot of long-time career employees who didn't see this coming and were not flexible enough to adjust to the realities when those realities were staring them in the face.
    I am not sure they didn’t see this coming. Far more likely that they didn’t have a receptive audience to the message in our current POTUS who was more interested in what his other policy advisors were telling him.

Trump will likely try to block any inquiry into what he knew and when, because he is obstructed all investigations into his administration to date. This will be no different. Americans will only learn the selective spin that Trump wants Americans to know.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I am not sure they didn’t see this coming. Far more likely that they didn’t have a receptive audience to the message in our current POTUS who was more interested in what his other policy advisors were telling him.

Trump will likely try to block any inquiry into what he knew and when, because he is obstructed all investigations into his administration to date. This will be no different. Americans will only learn the selective spin that Trump wants Americans to know.
    Thanks for the commentary Alice.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Thanks for the commentary Alice.
    No need to insult Alice by linking her to Goosey...

It doesn't matter what Trump does, or doesn't do, those afflicted with TDS will find fault. He has ZERO credibility because of it. You can usually, the vast majority of the time, just accept as truth the opposite of whatever Goosey posts. Ya know, I wonder when it was that Donald Trump pissed in Goosey's Cornflakes, but apparently he did.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Damn! some people need a swift kick in the ass! Took me two phone calls, but I got the ball rolling on this donation. Sometimes you just can't help people....and sometimes you have to tell them: sit down, shut up, and let me handle this!!! Expecting a shipment of masks first, followed up by other PPEs.

Next!
    Glitch! Chinese authorities stopped the shipment at an airport there citing "US Customs regulations..." Dr. Pan, my friend, emailed saying the boxes of masks have been impounded pending approval from US customs. The issue is, according to the Chicoms, is that US customs will stop the shipment unless there is proof they are not meant for resale. They were being sent directly from one university, Shenzhen, to another, NSU, and all paperwork state it is a donation. So, Monday, I will get on the phone and call US Customs...their office is closed on weekends.

Didn't we have some comments about federal agencies effing things up...Yep, see post #181.

Glitch! Chinese authorities stopped the shipment at an airport there citing "US Customs regulations..." Dr. Pan, my friend, emailed saying the boxes of masks have been impounded pending approval from US customs. The issue is, according to the Chicoms, is that US customs will stop the shipment unless there is proof they are not meant for resale. They were being sent directly from one university, Shenzhen, to another, NSU, and all paperwork state it is a donation. So, Monday, I will get on the phone and call US Customs...their office is closed on weekends.

Didn't we have some comments about federal agencies effing things up...Yep, see post #181.
    Just got another email from him...says Chicom authorities tell him if he could separate the shipment into no more than 100 masks/shipment and send them to different addresses then there should be no problems. It's the single large shipment, 5,000 masks, to a single address that is causing the problem.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

US Customs is an executive agency, meaning that it is under Trump’s control.

US Customs is an executive agency, meaning that it is under Trump’s control.

Gawd! you so predictably ridiculous. Hannity is right, if Trump discovered a cure for cancer today, morons like you would blast him for not finding it sooner! Or, some other stupid criticism.

Good lawd...just learned my inside person in the Trump adminstration has left for a job in the private sector. I did email him/her because he/she still has close contacts and knows who to get this in front of. So, hopefully, I can still get that shipment thru US Customs sooner, rather than later.

Why do I bother?

Gawd! you so predictably ridiculous. Hannity is right, if Trump discovered a cure for cancer today, morons like you would blast him for not finding it sooner! Or, some other stupid criticism.
    Robert Kraft was able to get a plane full of masks from China to NYC and he said it was the most challenging operation his organization has ever had ton do.

If you saw the press conference the other day with Jared Kushner leading/advising the supply chain issues, you wouldn’t be surprised that this is such a clusferf$ck.

Robert Kraft was able to get a plane full of masks from China to NYC and he said it was the most challenging operation his organization has ever had ton do.

If you saw the press conference the other day with Jared Kushner leading/advising the supply chain issues, you wouldn’t be surprised that this is such a clusferf$ck.
    Not surprised! But this has nothing to do with any administration. As much as YOU want to pretend everything was PERFECT pre-Trump, the bureaucracy has been in place since, well, forever! Yes, different POTUS can influence policy, even issue executive orders that directly pertain to such matters, like international trade. But, I have been...not so much right now...involved in international business/trade for decades. Dating back as far as 1988 and peaking, my personal involvement, between the years of 1997 to 2003. That straddled the whole 9/11 thingy and saw how international business/trade changed because of it. Since then I served as International Business Consultant (NASBITE) for many small to mid-size businesses. Much of that, most of that, during obummer's 8 years. What, YOU think there weren't issues with trade under obummer!?

Not surprised! But this has nothing to do with any administration. As much as YOU want to pretend everything was PERFECT pre-Trump, the bureaucracy has been in place since, well, forever! Yes, different POTUS can influence policy, even issue executive orders that directly pertain to such matters, like international trade. But, I have been...not so much right now...involved in international business/trade for decades. Dating back as far as 1988 and peaking, my personal involvement, between the years of 1997 to 2003. That straddled the whole 9/11 thingy and saw how international business/trade changed because of it. Since then I served as International Business Consultant (NASBITE) for many small to mid-size businesses. Much of that, most of that, during obummer's 8 years. What, YOU think there weren't issues with trade under obummer!?
    I didn’t say there wasn’t issues before. But when you have a emergency leaders make greasing the skids for critical path items the number one priority.

Heard back from my former Trump-admin person. Will see what he/she can do and will get back to me. Hopefully, we can get US Customs to tag the shipment as donated material and allow it to pass thru without delay or issues. Otherwise...I'm gonna need 50 different addresses scattered over a rather large geographic region!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

This should scare the hell
    out of Guisslapp. But it won’t as reality is questionable the last 3 years for him I’m afraid.

CHINAPublished 2 hours ago

China joins UN Human Rights Council panel despite troubling record, response to coronavirus

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-...virus-response

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    This should scare the hell
    out of Guisslapp. But it won’t as reality is questionable the last 3 years for him I’m afraid.

CHINAPublished 2 hours ago

China joins UN Human Rights Council panel despite troubling record, response to coronavirus

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-...virus-response
    Whose spot did they take and how did it become available?

+ Reply to Thread