+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5/23 @ 9am vs. Rice (Elimination Game)

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 5/23 @ 9am vs. Rice (Elimination Game)

I would never say that our players don’t care or don’t have the ability. I absolutely believe they do. It is crazy that all our teams perform unless it matters.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Mediocre

It’s who we are

And I’m sure the radio guys will say that it’s the fans fault for having too high of expectations for Tech.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Mediocre

It’s who we are

And I’m sure the radio guys will say that it’s the fans fault for having too high of expectations for Tech.
    Burroughs set the expectations at the beginning of the year. I heard him say he expected this team to make a regional and do well.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Next year we’ll be lucky to make the tournament. Leal, Miller, Robbins are all gone. If we win 25 games I’ll be surprised. This in year 4 of the Burroughs experiment.

Big Dog TBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of light TBDawg01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Hire Goff back.
    He is to mean, he hurts people's feelings.

TB

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Burroughs is not the guy to advance the Tech program. As stated here and previously in countless treads his history is well established... he is who he is, his team’s are what they are. He doesn’t win post season, his team’s don’t overachieve. Besides that I think Burroughs’ fails miserably in the capabilities of his assistant coaches aka player seasonal improvements. Nobody on Tech’s team really improved in a considerable way this season. Quite to the contrary, as we all witnessed, our players man for man got worse when it mattered most. I don’t know why but there’s something seriously wrong with the psyche of a Burroughs’ team. The guys just don’t seem to play up for each other. I suspect Burroughs will be back because Tech is in a tight spot with nothing much of a returning team and no facility to play in, so we can’t hollow out everything. But what he can do is get some better assistant coaches in here to make an improved go at next season.

We started the tournament in 3rd and left 1st worst loser! That is unacceptable!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

When LB was hired I posted my doubts asking what had he accomplished as a head coach to warrant the Tech job? Well, predictably, I was taken to task, called all kinds of names, some of them not very nice...one poster defended his record at NSU stating he had inherited a dumpster fire and I was told to give him a chance. I don't have to watch a team play very long to get a feel for a coach's tendencies and ability. I know, I'm stupid and focus on silly stuff like basic fundamentals and all you know-it-alls, the same ones who clobbered me for daring to question Simm's coaching...

remember this? "I saw Coach Simm putting in the new seats at Love Field...he's a great coach!" I retorted with, hire him as director of facilities and then hire a real baseball coach. Oh, D80, you're so negative, give Simm a chance...

I'll ask again, what was in LB's resume' that made y'all think he'd make a good coach for us?

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    When LB was hired I posted my doubts asking what had he accomplished as a head coach to warrant the Tech job? Well, predictably, I was taken to task, called all kinds of names, some of them not very nice...one poster defended his record at NSU stating he had inherited a dumpster fire and I was told to give him a chance. I don't have to watch a team play very long to get a feel for a coach's tendencies and ability. I know, I'm stupid and focus on silly stuff like basic fundamentals and all you know-it-alls, the same ones who clobbered me for daring to question Simm's coaching...

remember this? "I saw Coach Simm putting in the new seats at Love Field...he's a great coach!" I retorted with, hire him as director of facilities and then hire a real baseball coach. Oh, D80, you're so negative, give Simm a chance...

I'll ask again, what was in LB's resume' that made y'all think he'd make a good coach for us?
    I’ll vouch for you on that one. You called it.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Burroughs post game comments:

"Gotta get players in here that can come down to this tournament and make some noise" (Uh you recruited the current players)

"I"ll wear it (the blame) put it on me" (Uh.....who other than you should wear it)

The same guys won a bunch of games in a row earlier in the season and was ranked. I guess they all lost their abilities as the season progressed.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

A lot of us were surprised and underwhelmed that the player's favorite and many booster's pick was not selected as HC. It was done and most figured he could not screw up the groundwork Goff had left him. Then the 2016 USM series in Ruston, then the mis-handling of our pitching staff (primarily Nate Harris), running out of innings very often, obvious conflict with his co-head coach (most fans forgot about this).

The only improvement I saw in 2019 is that we did not make as many base running errors as we did the first two years.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Hire Goff back.
    He would come back in a heartbeat

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I don’t think anyone ever gets a do-over like that. Big check and all, Goff still made a career mistake. I wonder what might’ve been if he’d stuck around.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Kind of like all these NFL coaches that lose at one place and miraculously get hired as a HC somewhere else only to suffer the same results. We do a great job hiring people that others schools don’t want. That’s who we are!

Recruiting talent is a no brainer. The problem is that every other school is doing the exact same thing and in most cases their calling card reads better than Tech’s. So once we get the best talent we can, albeit probably a lesser level of it than a good many programs around us, it’s going to come down to the coaching our recruits get at Tech in order for them to get better. That’s where the shortcomings set in, Burroughs and his staff don’t develop ‘talent’ and they really don’t develop it on a noteworthy scale. Our teams under Burroughs don’t continue to improve throughout the year or even from year to year. Quite the opposite actually, historically we get steadily worse towards the end of the year. And in the case of this year even with a senior experienced team we weren’t as good as last year. Talent only matters under competent coaching.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    2019 34 - 24
    2018 36 - 20
    2017 39 - 20

And no postgame interview.
    This program is getting worse every year instead of better. Damn UNDERACHIEVERS!!

+ Reply to Thread