+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Article on Nitz

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Article on Nitz

His induction into La Sports HoF...written by Teddy Allen

https://natchitochesparishjournal.co...#comment-16246

Matt Dunigan is going in too this June.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Article on Nitz

Had great visits with Nitz and Dunigan...and Les Miles too!

Dave is such a humble man. 'nough said. (We are fortunate to have had him all these decades. One of the best in the biz.)

Dunigan has a dry sense of humor. Another humble soul. Dunigan says he still has nightmares of Mike Singletary chasing him. I asked him, "In these dreams does he catch you?" Yeah, he said, that's why they are nightmares!

Les Miles...well, I said to him, I was there when your Oklahoma State team lost to Louisiana Tech. He goes, "Oh, wait! Who'd you say? Who is this Oklahoma State?" (he laughed).

My wife took a bunch of pics with her phone and posted them on Facebook. The one she took of Dave Nitz and I has a pic of Terry Bradshaw on the screen behind us. Given that that screen displays all the HoF inductees in a revolving slide show, each image up for a mere 2 seconds, and there are hundreds of pics, what are the odds that Bradshaw's image, or any Tech inductee, would happen to be up the instant the pic was taken? It wasn't planned.

Peyton Manning wasn't there last night. He's supposed to fly in today, private jet, be present at the banquet, then fly out again. Nice. Fans be damned!

Edited Update: In fairness, Manning was present at the kid's clinic and did toss the football with kids and was opened to speaking with fans. He was also available last night at the banquet. Archie was there as well.
    Last edited by dawg80; 06-09-2019 at 06:42 AM. Reason: correction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvS2ww3vDLY

Matt has severe head issues from the 20+ concussions he suffered as a player. Had a chance to speak with him yesterday...hope he can overcome it.

Had a cannon for an arm...one of the strongest I've ever seen, period.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the induction ceremony last night was incredible. The entire event, including red carpet interviews, was broadcast on CST. 800 in attendance.

Great interviews with Nitz and Dunigan. The introduction videos on every one of the inductees was also well done.

Teddy Allen was the MC and had several one-liners that brought the house down.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvS2ww3vDLY

Matt has severe head issues from the 20+ concussions he suffered as a player. Had a chance to speak with him yesterday...hope he can overcome it.

Had a cannon for an arm...one of the strongest I've ever seen, period.
    I just watched that video. Thanks for posting it. Very interesting. "Kill the Man with the Ball." As Dave would say....."you gotta love it".

+ Reply to Thread