+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Tournament

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Re: NCAA Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Only ECU (who had home-field advantage) moves on
    This has to be frustrating for all of these schools. They would all be dangerous in a best 2 of 3 in the Super Regional round. But getting there means getting past the Sunday or Monday of regionals. For most of them their pitching was just gone.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

The major conference fix is in at the beginning of every season when those most recognizable schools play about 20 of their first 25 games at home to start the year. By doing so they obviously win a large portion of those games which establishes them in the rankings. From there all they have to do is hold their ground. Once they get into conference play there’s a RPI trade off win or lose because all the major schools are interchangeable. NCAA 1A baseball is ‘almost’ as rigged as the top level of football (whatever it’s called). Almost in that about every 6 years a big baseball underdog makes a significant showing.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

What's more the inflated rating of every P5 team lends itself to increasing their RPI when they play in-conference. An SEC team might have a losing conference record but the powers-that-be say, well, look who they played, other SEC teams! A middle-of-the-pack SEC team might not be better than a 3rd, 4th, maybe even a 5th place CUSA team, in a given year. But if they finish 8th or 9th in the SEC with a mediocre overall record of 32-24, why they have a really good shot at garnering an at-large bid. And yes, the benefit of playing so many home OOC games helps their cause as well.

I probably didn't explain that very well...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

My pick to win it all, Vandy, has advanced to the CWS. Meanwhile there is no joy in Tigger Town...

(that's them crying, not me)

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I must say, watching FSU celebrate in Baton Rouge was pretty satisfying.

CWS might come down to FSU vs Vandy for all the marbles.

Vandy's been my pick to win it all since mid-season. But, Florida State is a bit of surprise to me. They're "good" sure, but I had concerns over their pitching and defense. Yet! they seem to have found both since the playoffs started.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I felt the Hogs had several coaching errors in their game with FSU -

And Martin gambled and won by not throwing van Eyk in their first game after he was so domiate in Baton Rouge

Auburn snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against Moo U

I still miss the old park though
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

If the old park, Rosenblatt??? whatever it is...can be made playable...does it even still exist? If it does, and can be made usable, it would be cool to play one of the best 2 of 3 final games at it.

I remember, as both a player and a fan, games at Pete Goldsby Field in Baton Rouge and at the old stadium in Donaldsonville. Nostalgic facilities. Made from wood. They would crack and squeak when the wind blew or too many people walked at the same time. Hah! But they were....well, baseball!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    If the old park, Rosenblatt??? whatever it is...can be made playable...does it even still exist? If it does, and can be made usable, it would be cool to play one of the best 2 of 3 final games at it.

I remember, as both a player and a fan, games at Pete Goldsby Field in Baton Rouge and at the old stadium in Donaldsonville. Nostalgic facilities. Made from wood. They would crack and squeak when the wind blew or too many people walked at the same time. Hah! But they were....well, baseball!
    The only thing left is the foul pole (left field I think)….

The ball is dead in Ameritrade

Down goes the third SEC team - Miss St, Auburn and Arkansas are all gone...

Vandy remains as the lone team and they are very very good

Vandy vs. Michigan in the finals. A Big 10 team? This is pretty rare. Michigan is actually good though. I'm sticking with my original pick of Vandy, whose bandwagon I jumped on back in March when I picked them to win it all.

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

That kid from Louisville made Vandy look pretty ordinary last night. Michigan has looked pretty solid and I won't be too shocked if they win it all.

Quote Originally Posted by olddawgfan View Post
    That kid from Louisville made Vandy look pretty ordinary last night. Michigan has looked pretty solid and I won't be too shocked if they win it all.
    Yep, Meeeeeeeeeeeeechigan has gotten this far, they must be pretty good.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by olddawgfan View Post
    With his attitude & mouth I was thinking he played for University of Lafayette. Glad they lost.

Michigan / Vanderbilt should be a good series. Hope it goes 3 games.

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    With his attitude & mouth I was thinking he played for University of Lafayette. Glad they lost.

Michigan / Vanderbilt should be a good series. Hope it goes 3 games.
    I agree. I kept thinking, "Son, you ought to keep your mouth shut until the game is over". I was pulling for Vandy so all that just made it sweeter when they lost.

+ Reply to Thread