Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
Some interesting stuff about the University of Wyoming Cowgirl basketball can be found on the internet. On April 24, 2019, Joe Legerski, 16-year head coach resigned suddenly without giving a reason. Gearld Mattinson, a 12-year assistant and currently assistant head coach was promoted to replace Lergerski as head coach.

The Cowgirl roster for 2017/18 consisted of 14 players with 6 foreigners and 0 from Wyoming. The 2018/19 roster listed 16 total with 10 foreigners and 1 from Wyoming. The 2019/20 roster shows 13 total with 5 foreigners and 3 from Wyoming. Apparently there is a new recruiting philosophy taking shape in Laramie. Appears to be a departure from an emphasis on foreigners toward more domestic talent.

Lergerski and Jankovic both depart apparently at about the same time and rather suddenly. The assistant that was known for his ability to recruit foreign talent, that excelled at developing players and coaching post players left a highly successful program with apparently no job prospect at the time.

I want Brooke Sthehr to succeed as head coach of the Lady Techsters--as a winning coach, as a mentor to the young women in her program, as a motivator for her players to do well academically and be prepared for life after basketball, and as a model and builder of character for her team. I want her to win in every phase of coaching. I just hope and pray that she has not made a bad choice with Jankovic.
It doesn’t matter where she is from as long as she can put the ball through the hoop